AAFES Online Shopping for Honorably Dischared Vets

DevilDog

@NorCalRuss @thc6795 @Drummer61 @Horsefly @Gator 82 @World Citizen @rockinl @Sportsnut @sausmann9

I probably missed a few guys but these are ones that I know that are Vets or Retirees.  Those of us Retired can still go into the Exchanges and Commissaries and shop.

But just recently AAFES opened online shopping for all honorably discharged Vets.   It is tax free shopping just as going into the Exchange.  Just giving you heads up Warriors.  Just verify your eligibility and sign up.

Semper Fi Marine till the day I die. 

In the six months since the Army & Air Force Exchange Service officially expanded online shopping privileges to all honorably discharged veterans, more than 50,000 former servicemembers have used the new benefit, saving an average of 20 percent off MSRP and avoiding a total of $3 million in sales tax so far. Veterans have used their new benefit to order nearly 500,000 items at ShopMyExchange.com — tax-free. Every purchase Veterans make online improves life for servicemembers and their families as 100 percent of Exchange earnings support military Quality-of-Life Programs. To verify eligibility and begin shopping, Veterans can visit ShopMyExchange.com or VetVerify.org. 

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

@NorCalRuss @thc6795 @Drummer61 @Horsefly @Gator 82 @World Citizen @rockinl @Sportsnut @sausmann9

I probably missed a few guys but these are ones that I know that are Vets or Retirees.  Those of us Retired can still go into the Exchanges and Commissaries and shop.

But just recently AAFES opened online shopping for all honorably discharged Vets.   It is tax free shopping just as going into the Exchange.  Just giving you heads up Warriors.  Just verify your eligibility and sign up.

In the six months since the Army & Air Force Exchange Service officially expanded online shopping privileges to all honorably discharged veterans, more than 50,000 former servicemembers have used the new benefit, saving an average of 20 percent off MSRP and avoiding a total of $3 million in sales tax so far. Veterans have used their new benefit to order nearly 500,000 items at ShopMyExchange.com — tax-free. Every purchase Veterans make online improves life for servicemembers and their families as 100 percent of Exchange earnings support military Quality-of-Life Programs. To verify eligibility and begin shopping, Veterans can visit ShopMyExchange.com or VetVerify.org. 

Do you use your commissary and exchange benefits much? 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Do you use your commissary and exchange benefits much? 

On Occasion I do when in Ft. Worth. I run over to JRB and shop.  But only when in the area.  I go sometime maybe every 3-6 months and just hang out on base for a bit.  If I am in a city with a base I will usually stop by.  I like this new online feature and pretty cool that Vets can use it.   I have found the food cheaper with no taxes compared to the usual Markets in McKinney including Walmart.

30 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

On Occasion I do when in Ft. Worth. I run over to JRB and shop.  But only when in the area.  I go sometime maybe every 3-6 months and just hang out on base for a bit.  If I am in a city with a base I will usually stop by.  I like this new online feature and pretty cool that Vets can use it.   I have found the food cheaper with no taxes compared to the usual Markets in McKinney including Walmart.

It’s a great feature and great savings too.

We are fortunate to live in a military town so we get to use it often.  I like the commissary over our local stores, but of course we don’t have the selection that the metroplex has. 

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It’s a great feature and great savings too.  We are fortunate to live in a military town so we get to use it often. 

I know the Redskin's Son is in School up there and I have been to that one a few times as well.   I am fortunate to have access to one in the DFW would have been great to be a little closer but still pretty cool.  I have taken another friend ;) who had never been on a base before. I took her to Navy Base Jacksonville, Fl  when we were there and to JRB in Ft. Worth and she stills says she haven't been to a real Base.  Because I have never taken her to a Marine Corps Base.  Keep telling here we are Amphibious if there is no water there are no Marines. :D Don't want to take her to an AF base then she will be spoiled.  The Redskin has been to an AF base in San Antonio back when we 1st met and I moved back to Texas from Cali.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I know the Redskin's Son is in School up there and I have been to that one a few times as well.   I am fortunate to have access to one in the DFW would have been great to be a little closer but still pretty cool.  I have take another friend ;) who had never been on a base before. I took her to Navy Base Jacksonville, Fl  when we were there and to JRB in Ft. Worth and she stills says she haven't been to a real Base.  Because I have never taken her to a Marine Corps Base.  Keep telling here we are Amphibious if there is no water there are no Marines. :D 

When you took her to the JRB you should have let her see the F-16s, that would change her mind about it being a real base.  😁You know Jr. is stationed there, PCSing this summer though to Osan 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It’s a great feature and great savings too.

We are fortunate to live in a military town so we get to use it often.  I like the commissary over our local stores, but of course we don’t have the selection that the metroplex has. 

Sir what's really good is I still use Space A and fly out to San Diego yearly for nothing out of JRB.  It's good that this is a Navy ran JRB and they fly into plenty Naval Bases.  Been up to NAS Whidbey Island, WA on a flight for a day then flew back to San Diego all on the Navy Dime.  Met a Few Colonel's AF and Army that said man use it hell you earned it.  They go each year from Dallas to San Diego to Golf.  Spouses can now fly Stateside on SPACE A.   Hell I just recently found the big Lake on JRB right near the Federal Prison on Base that Marion Jones were held in over her Steroids infractions.   Nice Base. 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

When you took her to the JRB you should have let her see the F-16s, that would change her mind about it being a real base.  😁You know Jr. is stationed there, PCSing this summer though to Osan 

I did she really enjoyed it took pictures of the Jets (Army has Planes) :D and we bowled and then left the base went out to the Stock yards.  Great day. 

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Sir what's really good is I still use Space A and fly out to San Diego yearly for nothing.  It's good that this is a Navy ran JRB and they fly into plenty Naval Bases.  Been up to NAS Whidbey Island, WA on a flight for a day then flew back to San Diego all on the Navy Dime.  Met a Few Colonel's AF and Army that said man use it hell you earned it.  They go each year from Dallas to San Diego to Golf.  Spouses can now fly Stateside on SPACE A.

Now that’s something I’ve never done, Space A.  Too afraid I would not get seated and would lose leave time. Sounds like you had no or minimal issues.  I need to use it some

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Now that’s something I’ve never done, Space A.  Too afraid I would not get seated and would lose leave time. Sounds like you had no or minimal issues. 

I had only one problem out of 14 flights.  JRB is great.  It's like having your own personal Jet.  Cockpit open.  I have never flew out to San Diego with more than 30 people on a 727 with US Navy on it landing at Coronado NAS in San Diego.  It's great.  The only problem is I flew into Lemoore Naval Base in Cali and was suppose to fly from there to Coronado.  The Navy was flying 8 flights back and forth because Pilots were switching deployments.  But they still got me out that day.  Over 500 moved back and forth. Fly from Lemoore drop off pilots pick up pilots and bring them back all day long.  But on the 6th flight back they got the Gunny a Seat with all those Pilots.  I kept thinking this has to be the safest flight in History. :D

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I had only one problem out of 14 flights.  JRB is great.  It's like having your own personal Jet.  Cockpit open.  I have never flew out to San Diego with more than 30 people on a 727 with US Navy on it landing at Coronado NAS in San Diego.  It's great.  The only problem is I flew into Lemoore Naval Base in Cali and was suppose to fly from there to Coronado.  The Navy was flying 8 flights back and forth because Pilots were switching deployments.  But they still got me out that day.  Over 500 moved back and forth. Fly from Lemoore drop off pilots pick up pilots and bring them back all day long.  But on the 6th flight back they got the Gunny a Seat with all those Pilots.  I kept thinking this has to be the safest flight in History. :D

Thanks, that’s good to know.  I may have to use it out of JRB

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Appreciate this.  Will check it out.  

• Like 1