Niceville, FL headed to Texas?

PrepGridiron

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What does Westlake got coming back. 

Niceville loses 18 starters from a 1st round loser. Lol. Hope they can make it a game. 

Returning Offensive Starters: 6
Returning Defensive Starters: 7

Last year's squad per CP (per school)...  Horsefly and Sumdude can certainly help out and be neutral.  

8 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Returning Offensive Starters: 6
Returning Defensive Starters: 7

Last year's squad per CP (per school)...  Horsefly and Sumdude can certainly help out and be neutral.  

That was for this coming year that just passed? 

I looked at their stats and a ton of underclassmen logged significant numbers. But like someone said. This team lost to a Nevada school without their stud QB and he won't be there. So Niceville has a shot for sure 

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I looked at their stats and a ton of underclassmen logged significant numbers. But like someone said. This team lost to a Nevada school without their stud QB and he won't be there. So Niceville has a shot for sure 

2016 season returning starters (last season). 

46 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yea, I'd be careful looking back at a week 2 game, with WL starting a sophomore QB, and using his results to project into 2017.  The kid had a full season to progress and will have the offseason to gel with the team.  WL could be more run heavy than previous years as they return a solid RB.  Part of their problem was creating an identity on offense after a Ehlinger went down.  

I don't know the actual returning starters but they do have a handful of quality players coming back on both sides.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yea, I'd be careful looking back at a week 2 game, with WL starting a sophomore QB, and using his results to project into 2017.  The kid had a full season to progress and will have the offseason to gel with the team.  WL could be more run heavy than previous years as they return a solid RB.  Part of their problem was creating an identity on offense after a Ehlinger went down.  

I don't know the actual returning starters but they do have a handful of quality players coming back on both sides.

Yeah I noticed the got a solid core coming back based on all the underclassmen registering most of all the significant stats. 

• 7 months later...

Westlake' best player is the running back, and Niceville's strength is its Linebackers so hopefully they can get some hats on him early. 

They have a young and inexperienced quarterback who will end up going D1 by the time he's a senior. Capable RB as well. 

But I seen Westlake as high as 3 in 6A so it should be a rout. Westlake should win by 30 

CLASS 6A

1. Miami Northwestern, 1-0, 2
2. Miami Central, 1-0, 3
3. Miami Carol City, 0-1, 1
4. Mainland, 1-0, 4
5. Armwood, 0-0, 5
6. Navarre, 1-0, 6
7. Vanguard, 1-0, 7
8. St. Augustine, 1-0, 9
9. Naples, 1-0, 10
10. Lake Gibson, 0-1, 8

FIVE ON THE BUBBLE
Miami Norland, 1-0
Niceville, 1-0
Crestview, 1-0
Tate, 1-0
Clearwater, 1-0

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

CLASS 6A

2. Miami Central, 1-0, 3
4. Mainland, 1-0, 4
5. Armwood, 0-0, 5
6. Navarre, 1-0, 6
7. Vanguard, 1-0, 7
8. St. Augustine, 1-0, 9
9. Naples, 1-0, 10
10. Lake Gibson, 0-1, 8

FIVE ON THE BUBBLE
Miami Norland, 1-0
Niceville, 1-0
Crestview, 1-0
Tate, 1-0
Clearwater, 1-0

Niceville is better than 6-10 in that poll.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

CLASS 6A

2. Miami Central, 1-0, 3
4. Mainland, 1-0, 4
5. Armwood, 0-0, 5
6. Navarre, 1-0, 6
7. Vanguard, 1-0, 7
8. St. Augustine, 1-0, 9
9. Naples, 1-0, 10
10. Lake Gibson, 0-1, 8

FIVE ON THE BUBBLE
Miami Norland, 1-0
Niceville, 1-0
Crestview, 1-0
Tate, 1-0
Clearwater, 1-0

So 12th in 6A would put them in the 30's-40's

its not Texas where every single good team is in 1 class. Quality teams are spread out in at least 5 classes. It's watered down here. Lol. 

Honestly with no sandbagging I think Niceville can win. They beat 2 bad teams but they destroyed them like a good team does. They have good pieces in important places. They have a stud corner who will play some offense. A sophomore QB with an FCS offer already. A running back who can tote the rock, and a solid linebacker core who can neutralize the WL back. 

I have high hopes Niceville can get the W

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So 12th in 6A would put them in the 30's-40's

its not Texas where every single good team is in 1 class. Quality teams are spread out in at least 5 classes. It's watered down here. Lol. 

Honestly with no sandbagging I think Niceville can win. They beat 2 bad teams but they destroyed them like a good team does. They have good pieces in important places. They have a stud corner who will play some offense. A sophomore QB with an FCS offer already. A running back who can tote the rock, and a solid linebacker core who can neutralize the WL back. 

I have high hopes Niceville can get the W

I didn't post this to hype nicevile, but to show they are in the conversation in 6A.  I've been around long enough to understand how Fla talent is spread,  Bull.

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I didn't post this to hype nicevile, but to show they are in the conversation in 6A.  I've been around long enough to understand how Fla talent is spread,  Bull.

They lost 18 starters from last years 1st round losing team so a lot of people didn't have high hopes for them. 

This team seems hungry and eager to prove the doubters wrong. I have been following them all year since I found out they were going to TX. 

They have a lot of those guys that won't go D1, but are really good high school players. I honestly feel they can get the win 

29 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They lost 18 starters from last years 1st round losing team so a lot of people didn't have high hopes for them. 

This team seems hungry and eager to prove the doubters wrong. I have been following them all year since I found out they were going to TX. 

They have a lot of those guys that won't go D1, but are really good high school players. I honestly feel they can get the win 

They might can win this game, this is the second game of the season for WL and they struggled beating a quality 5A last week.(college station was ranked #8 in 5A)   Preseason polls are speculative, the game results are real.

I'm not high on WL