Landscaping business has 114 employees arrested in one day

1 hour ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Ice Raid in Ohio 

@HSFBfan did you see this

No wonder my landscaping bill went up $5 each visit when he started coming again in April.  Fucker is forced to hire real honest god-fearin’ ‘mericans now.  Screw that and their “minimum wage!”

Down with “The Wall©®

¡Viva Mexico! 🇲🇽

• Haha 1

Americans don't dig ditches on Sunday's for communication companies.

Or pick oranges, fern, potatoes, cabbage, or onions in the blazing Florida heat.

Neither do they work the circus, carnival, or a meat packing plant near you.

Who throws sod in your area? Cleans your hotels? Washes dishes in commercial kitchens in ungodly heat.

We Americans don't want these jobs or the many, many more of similar vocation. Most all come to work and to better their lives and that of their families. Their contribution to our society is far more positive and beneficial to the American economy then it would be without them. Sign them up, check on them from time to time, if no issues, then leave them the fuck alone. Haters, never underestimate the greed of the untethered capitalist. His pockets are deep. Both Parties eat at the same trough. Lip service is one thing, slitting your business throat is another. They (workers) ain't going anywhere.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

Or pick oranges, fern, potatoes, cabbage, or onions in the blazing Florida heat.

Who throws sod in your area? Cleans your hotels? Washes dishes in commercial kitchens in ungodly heat.

We Americans don't want these jobs or the many, many more of similar vocation. Most all come to work and to better their lives and that of their families. Their contribution to our society is far more positive and beneficial to the American economy then it would be without them. Sign them up, check on them from time to time, if no issues, then leave them the fuck alone. Haters, never underestimate the greed of the untethered capitalist. His pockets are deep. Both Parties eat at the same trough. Lip service is one thing, slitting your business throat is another. They (workers) ain't going anywhere.

People always say illegal immigrants do all these jobs because Americans won't, but can anyone actually prove  that Americans didn't try to get these jobs at some point  before being passed over? 

I remember when I was a lot younger and in between jobs I would work day labor.  The temp service.  I remember there was always tons of white and black men  as well as Spanish waiting for jobs every day.  Sometimes you would have to wait hours  and sometime you wouldn't get a job at all. 

There were plenty of honest hard-working Americans busting ass for minimum-wage. 

Saying Americans won't work certain jobs without any statistical evidence to back it up, just stereotypes is not an excuse to have open borders 

• Like 1

Americans don’t take those jobs because the employers pay them like 8 an hour and no smart American would agree to work for that wage

15 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

People always say illegal immigrants do all these jobs because Americans won't, but can anyone actually prove  that Americans didn't try to get these jobs at some point  before being passed over? 

I remember when I was a lot younger and in between jobs I would work day labor.  The temp service.  I remember there was always tons of white and black men  as well as Spanish waiting for jobs every day.  Sometimes you would have to wait hours  and sometime you wouldn't get a job at all. 

There were plenty of honest hard-working Americans busting ass for minimum-wage. 

Saying Americans won't work certain jobs without any statistical evidence to back it up, just stereotypes is not an excuse to have open borders 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Americans don’t take those jobs because the employers pay them like 8 an hour and no smart American would agree to work for that wage

100 percent spot on. 

You don't need statistics to back this up. It is common sense. Put an add up on Craigslist, listed for manual labor jobs at 8 bucks an hour. See how many American citizens call you. Lol. 

2 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

True.

That said, they pay $8/hr (usually cash) because they know there are plenty of people who are willing to accept it. Without those people, they'd be forced to raise wages to an acceptable level. Hence, no "smart American" would have to work the job for 8 bucks...as the company would be forced to pay $12-15.

Pretty much Econ 101. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

True.

That said, they pay $8/hr (usually cash) because they know there are plenty of people who are willing to accept it. Without those people, they'd be forced to raise wages to an acceptable level. Hence, no "smart American" would have to work the job for 8 bucks...as the company would be forced to pay $12-15.

Pretty much Econ 101. 

I finally agree with you. 

An honest take. 

34 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

True.

Pretty much Econ 101. 

All true, but business owners always claim they can't afford it without layoffs. The  Republican Party very rarely endorses minimum wage hikes. And that way of thinking isn't going to change anytime soon. 

9 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

That's bull.......there are Americans who do everything you asked.....my brother went to school for landscaping and works with a lot of Americans. He plantsthe plants puts the sod etc etc etc. There are thousands of kids that graduate from schools like suny cobleskill who get you ready for these types of jobs. 

42 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

True.

Pretty much Econ 101. 

One of the few times we are in agreement!

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

That's bull.......there are Americans who do everything you asked.....my brother went to school for landscaping and works with a lot of Americans. He plantsthe plants puts the sod etc etc etc. There are thousands of kids that graduate from schools like suny cobleskill who get you ready for these types of jobs. 

Then why don't you support the party that wants minimum wage hikes so employers can't undercut American's with cheap foreign labor ? 

10 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Then why don't you support the party that wants minimum wage hikes so employers can't undercut American's with cheap foreign labor ? 

If you get rid of the "cheap foreign labor," the market will adjust the wages upward to where they need to be to fill the jobs. 

As long as they're here, they'll continue to drive wages below market regardless where the "minimum wage" is set. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zulu1128 said:

If you get rid of the "cheap foreign labor," the market will adjust the wages upward to where they need to be to fill the jobs. 

As long as they're here, they'll continue to drive wages below market regardless where the "minimum wage" is set. 

This.  Fail to see how a minimum wage protects workers when illegals are being paid off-the-books at low wages (but which are still more than they might make back home).

It’s an immigration issue not an economics issue.

13 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Agree, but employers are never held responsible for giving them work beyond token fines. The "right" doesn't want the government in business decisions. If Orange pickers made $12 hr. they'd rot on the tree and we'd be importing them all from South America.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

I support the locking up of illegals...I support fining companies that hire illegals. There are plenty of American kids that graduate colleges that are willing to do the work you guys are talking about. Like I said I worked for 3 years for 8 dollars an hour. I worked another 2 for 12 dollars an hour. You take a job because you have bills to pay until a better paying job comes along

1 hour ago, zulu1128 said:

True.

Pretty much Econ 101. 

Ohhh hell no ...  Landscaping causes heart attacks to much labor ... I don’t start my lawn mower for atleast $60/ an hour...... absolutely not ...  don’t get me wrong if I finish in 30 mins I’ll charge 30 ...but shit if I gotta haul away the grass edge trim weedwack mulch ,,, I’m charging 100/ an hour

Good thing there was no ice back in the 80's. 

"President Donald Trump hired hundreds of undocumented Polish immigrants to demolish a New York City building in 1980 and paid them as little as $4 an hour without providing proper safety equipment to do the job, court documents show"

Similar to trump dragging out this russian scandal. Everyone and their mother knows he's guilty as shit.

Oh, well. Ice Ice baby!

Sometime between 1979 and 1980, Trump hired a contractor to demolish an old building in midtown Manhattan to make way for Trump Tower. The contractor signed on workers from a local union and, to meet Trump’s tight deadline, also brought on 200 undocumented laborers from Poland dubbed the "Polish Brigade."

The Polish employees were off-the-books, working 12-hour shifts seven days a week for $4 to $5 an hour, with no overtime. Some workers were never paid what they were owed.

In 1983, union members sued a union boss, Trump and his contractor for cheating the union out of pension and welfare funds by hiring the Polish Brigade. Trump owed the union pension fund $1 million, the plaintiffs said.

Appearing in court in 1990, Trump blamed the violations on the contractor and denied knowing that the Polish workers were undocumented.

"Nobody’s proven to me that they were were illegal," Trump said, according to a Newsday report from the time.

Nonetheless, Manhattan Judge Charles Stewart ruled against Trump a year later, saying that his representative "knew that the Polish workers were doing demolition work" and that his company participated in a "conspiracy" to cheat the union.

Trump owed the workers a little more than $325,000 plus interest and attorney’s fees and costs, Stewart ruled.

That wasn’t the end of it. Trump appealed and it would drag on for another decade.

In 1998, several members of the Polish Brigade told the New York Times about their horrid working conditions. But Trump repeated that he didn’t know about the legal status of the Polish Brigade and said he would not settle the case out of court "on principle," according to the New York Times.

If the case was retried and Trump lost again, he would have had to pay about $4 million, the Times calculated.

A year later, Trump quietly settled, according to the New York Daily News, but the agreement was placed under seal.