Looking at Trinity Catholic MO (@ Colquitt Co. GA)

ECHS05

So I was browsing http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/ ... and came across an article that listed the teams with the Longest Win Streaks from Each State heading into the 2018 HSFB Season.

Specifically... It was this article --- http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/longest-active-win-streaks-state-by-state-heading-into-2018/

The team with the longest win streak in America right now is Kimberly WI ... The "Papermakers" have won 70 games in a row.... & 5 State Titles in a row to go with that. Next ... Soldotna, Alaska, with 59 in a row. 

3rd after Kimberly & Soldotna... is a D2 Missouri team by the name of Lamar. They have won 49 in a row... But have won 7 straight State Championships. Their last loss was October 17th, 2014... But theyve won State every single year since 2011.

Trinity Catholic happens to be in the same Class/Division as Lamar. I noticed last year TC blasted most everyone they played except for Lutheran North. They met in the Quarterfinals, and Lutheran North won 48-46. Both teams ran over everyone else and were coming in undefeated... Between the 2 of them, they scored over 50 points 15 times... 

Lutheran North outscored teams 673-140 in their 11 games before playing Lamar...  An average of 61.2 - 12.7 ...

Trinity Catholic outscored teams 461-73... (46.1 - 7.3).. Although 48 of the 73 was vs Lutheran North ... 

After Lutheran North beat Trinity Catholic by 2 (48-46) ... Lutheran beat Caruthersville 64-7 in the Semis, and then the whole point I was getting to... Lutheran North lost to 7 time defending State Champ Lamar 7-6. 

I realize Trinity Catholic was not highly ranked at CalPreps, thats because of the way CP works... TCs schedule was awful, so they had a very low ceiling no matter how badly they beat their opponents. This year, because of the talent they bring back... TC is currently at #139 in CPs Preseason poll nationally, and #2 in Missouri. And IF their HC can make them play disciplined football, given their talent they can easily be a Top 100 team. 

Its pretty clear Trinity Catholic knows they have a very big opportunity, as this sort of talent doesnt come around all the time at a Missouri school .... and theyve scheduled OOS games @ Colquitt Co., @ East St. Louis IL, and @ Elder OH...

Colquitt has been verbally pummeled for playing Trinity Catholic... Yet this team has quite a bit of potential. Everyone is going on the fact they were ranked #40-something in Missouri last year at CalPreps ... But that was simply because of the teams they played, their opponents Ratings didnt allow for a very good rating... They have a better schedule this year so obviously we can get a better idea of where they really stand... Their talent is the best in Missouri by far. 

Colquitt Co. will play McEachern at Mercedes-Benz Stadium Saturday August 18th... And the next Saturday will welcome Trinity Catholic to the Hawg Pen.

Trinity Catholics D will be the wildcard... It played very well until they went up against Lutheran Norths WingT... TCs personnel are better suited to defend Colquitt than they are Lutheran Norths, as it takes better skill players to defend Colquitt. 

Ok, Ive ranted enough...

Just wanted to bring this game up.

Trinity Catholics talent....

4* ATH Isaiah Williams - #3 ATH Nationally ;  Illinois Commit

4* WR Marcus Washington - #9 WR Nationally

4* ILB Shammond Cooper - #8 ILB Nationally

4* RB Mookie Cooper - #11 RB Nationally

4* WR James Frenchie - #23 WR Nationally

3* OT Ira Henry - #78 OT

3* CB Bryce Childress - #99 CB ;  Illinois Commit

3* OG Jalen St. John - #16 OG

3* S TJ Rush - #23 S

3* RB Reggie Love - #43 RB

3* WDE Martez Poynter - #26 WDE

3* APB Alphonzo Andrews Jr. - #16 APB 

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

So I was browsing http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/ ... and came across an article that listed the teams with the Longest Win Streaks from Each State heading into the 2018 HSFB Season.

Specifically... It was this article --- http://highschoolfootballamerica.com/longest-active-win-streaks-state-by-state-heading-into-2018/

The team with the longest win streak in America right now is Kimberly WI ... The "Papermakers" have won 70 games in a row.... & 5 State Titles in a row to go with that. Next ... Soldotna, Alaska, with 59 in a row. 

3rd after Kimberly & Soldotna... is a D2 Missouri team by the name of Lamar. They have won 49 in a row... But have won 7 straight State Championships. Their last loss was October 17th, 2014... But theyve won State every single year since 2011.

Trinity Catholic happens to be in the same Class/Division as Lamar. I noticed last year TC blasted most everyone they played except for Lutheran North. They met in the Quarterfinals, and Lutheran North won 48-46. Both teams ran over everyone else and were coming in undefeated... Between the 2 of them, they scored over 50 points 15 times... 

Lutheran North outscored teams 673-140 in their 11 games before playing Lamar...  An average of 61.2 - 12.7 ...

Trinity Catholic outscored teams 461-73... (46.1 - 7.3).. Although 48 of the 73 was vs Lutheran North ... 

After Lutheran North beat Trinity Catholic by 2 (48-46) ... Lutheran beat Caruthersville 64-7 in the Semis, and then the whole point I was getting to... Lutheran North lost to 7 time defending State Champ Lamar 7-6. 

I realize Trinity Catholic was not highly ranked at CalPreps, thats because of the way CP works... TCs schedule was awful, so they had a very low ceiling no matter how badly they beat their opponents. This year, because of the talent they bring back... TC is currently at #139 in CPs Preseason poll nationally, and #2 in Missouri. And IF their HC can make them play disciplined football, given their talent they can easily be a Top 100 team. 

Its pretty clear Trinity Catholic knows they have a very big opportunity, as this sort of talent doesnt come around all the time at a Missouri school .... and theyve scheduled OOS games @ Colquitt Co., @ East St. Louis IL, and @ Elder OH...

Colquitt has been verbally pummeled for playing Trinity Catholic... Yet this team has quite a bit of potential. Everyone is going on the fact they were ranked #40-something in Missouri last year at CalPreps ... But that was simply because of the teams they played, their opponents Ratings didnt allow for a very good rating... They have a better schedule this year so obviously we can get a better idea of where they really stand... Their talent is the best in Missouri by far. 

Colquitt Co. will play McEachern at Mercedes-Benz Stadium Saturday August 18th... And the next Saturday will welcome Trinity Catholic to the Hawg Pen.

Trinity Catholics D will be the wildcard... It played very well until they went up against Lutheran Norths WingT... TCs personnel are better suited to defend Colquitt than they are Lutheran Norths, as it takes better skill players to defend Colquitt. 

Ok, Ive ranted enough...

Just wanted to bring this game up.

YOU went through this a couple months back 

Spare us Skippy 

Colquitt blows them out😩

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

Now you're using cal preps to vindicate Colquitt for playing something Catholic 😂

Na'te'tall ...

Im saying people are basing everything they know about TC on a CalPreps National Ranking from last season.

I doubt theres 25 teams in the country total with more 3*-4* players ... Their ceiling is high.

And the good thing is, they play East St. Louis IL & Elder OH after they play Colquitt.

They also play Lutheran North in the regular season, and Lutheran North plays Nazareth Academy IL (IL #11) , Homewood-Flossmoor IL (IL #13), and LaSalle OH (OH #5).

Clearly these schools think they are bringing SOMETHING to the table this season. 

The TC game will be interesting for sure.  But honestly...the McEachern game is way more important.  We really need to play well against the Powdered Springs Gang.  If you go back and look at our history with Big Mac....we've done OK.  But all those games have nothing to do with 2018.  It will be a challenge for Jaycee and the Sunshine Hawgs.

Back to Trinity Catholic....Rush has said they're loaded with talent and that they're a hungry team.  It should be a fun environment for the Missouri Boys.  Hopefully...we'll play up to our standards.  One thing that's in the front of my mind...I don't expect any penalties for too many players on the field.  No sir...I do not....

Rufus>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1