Healthcare under attack...again.

World Citizen

No matter what any of you think of the ACA, hopefully everyone can agree that to deny people care bc of a preexisting condition is a very bad thing.  Anybody remember when people were denied coverage just bc of a preexisting condition?  Pretty messed up to have an insurance company decide if you get care or not imo.  Leaving the totality of the ACA aside for a minute, many parts of the ACA were very positive and were a great help to many people. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-counts-pre-existing-condition-ahca-trump-obamacare-2017-5

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/08/health/obamacare-pre-existing-conditions-mandate.html

What are the thoughts on this topic?

20 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

No matter what any of you think of the ACA, hopefully everyone can agree that to deny people care bc of a preexisting condition is a very bad thing.  Anybody remember when people were denied coverage just bc of a preexisting condition?  Pretty messed up to have an insurance company decide if you get care or not imo.  Leaving the totality of the ACA aside for a minute, many parts of the ACA were very positive and were a great help to many people. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-counts-pre-existing-condition-ahca-trump-obamacare-2017-5

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/08/health/obamacare-pre-existing-conditions-mandate.html

Cant stand the ACA but idk about denying insurance to these people....making them pay extra sure but idk about denying just my 2 cents

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

In America, there are currently more open jobs than unemployed citizens. The majority of these available jobs offer healthcare benes. Those with pre-existing conditions should secure those jobs. If they have two arms, two legs and a heartbeat, they'll be qualified. 

Yes true. But those Benes have to be affordable my last company offered healthcare but wasnt affordable even by NYS standards. My new company I signed up for healthcare today because it was a lot more affordable

But should we deny healthcare to people with asthma and other conditions that you could be born with? 

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Healthcare should be priority #1. Pay it right after your rent. Adjust the rest of your expenses accordingly. 

Again I agree but again should someone be denied healthcare because of asthma let's say....now at the same time I dont believe it say anywhere that healthcare is a right

Bad business to accept patients with pre existing conditions. If a company knows they’re accepting a patient that will cost them $50-100k year or more but charges $500/m for insurance, they’ll never come close to getting their money back............. unless they charge the healthy people way more than they should..

18 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

Bad business to accept patients with pre existing conditions. If a company knows they’re accepting a patient that will cost them $50-100k year or more but charges $500/m for insurance, they’ll never come close to getting their money back............. unless they charge the healthy people way more than they should..

Wrong. A company does not know who is sick and who isn't. The company pays a negotiated rate premium to cover their employees. Sick or not sick. 

You are repeating far right fake news. 

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Wrong. A company does not know who is sick and who isn't. The company pays a negotiated rate premium to cover their employees. Sick or not sick. 

I’m not repeating anything from any direction except fact. You don’t have to like it but it’s true. 

20 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

Dead Pheasant life insurance

2 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Damn fool, when your company gives you a free exam. Or tells you the will check your blood pressure and sugar levels for free. (Our company calls it healthy lifestyle checks). What do you think they are really looking for? 

Just now, thc6795 said:

Damn fool, when your company gives you a free exam. Or tells you the will check your blood pressure and sugar levels for free. (Our company calls it healthy lifestyle checks). What do you think they are really looking for? 

Your company pays for health insurance. The checks are to ensure your health and to keep you informed and healthy so you may be more productive. Has nothing to do with charging you more as this is illegal. 

Idiot. 

21 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

So you're for socialized medicine ?  If one is unemployable because of pre-existing illnesses, and companies refuse to hire them, then who pays for their care ?  We do unless you're advocating they wander off and die somewhere with no coverage. Any answers ?

14 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

So you're for socialized medicine ?  If one is unemployable because of pre-existing illnesses, and companies refuse to hire them, then who pays for their care ?  We do unless you're advocating they wander off and die somewhere with no coverage. Any answers ?

No there are no answers for healthcare....too many people too many issues too much abuse of the system 

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2018 at 7:22 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

They should get a job w health benes so they can afford their inhaler. Quite simple. 

How about those that need cutting edge pharmaceuticals, at hundreds of dollars per dose, to remain alive. Sure we can't pay for all, but who draws the line on those who live or die. Flippant responses don't deal with the problem. They only reinforce stereotypes. 

On 6/11/2018 at 6:27 PM, World Citizen said:

Of all the industrialized nations, we are so far behind and backwards on this issue. 

Denial of healthcare is legal murder. Premiums are stupid expensive  

I don’t have any answers, except as wealthy of nation as we are, why we can’t figure this one out is beyond me  

Regards

BGW

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

So we just throw up our arms and wish it to go away ?

People sick and dying will never go away but how do you end the abuse of emergency rooms.....you cant force people to have health insurance but than at the same time we dont turn away anyone at our hospitals. How do you make people pay for their hospital bills when they cant afford it and so they dont pay them. There are many issues very little answers. Also I dont believe it says anywhere that healthcare is even a right. 

13 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

People sick and dying will never go away but how do you end the abuse of emergency rooms.....you cant force people to have health insurance but than at the same time we dont turn away anyone at our hospitals. How do you make people pay for their hospital bills when they cant afford it and so they dont pay them. There are many issues very little answers. Also I dont believe it says anywhere that healthcare is even a right. 

In most industrialized western democracies Health Care is a right. Why not here ?  (IMO) It's mostly a greed thing. Although seeing how the government runs the postal service so poorly and inefficient, it's not unreasonable to surmise how badly they would also oversee health care. It would lose trillions.       

7 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

In most industrialized western democracies Health Care is a right. Why not here ?  (IMO) It's mostly a greed thing. Although seeing how the government runs the postal service so poorly and inefficient, it's not unreasonable to surmise how badly they would also oversee health care. It would lose trillions.       

We dont need more government in our lives. Most industiralized countries dont have our population. Most European countries has a small percentage of our population. So let's get down to 40 million people in this country and we can compare the USA to most industrialized countries. And for now it is not a right. Idk when people started to believe that they can receive a service and not have to pay for it at the end of the day. Now you can also blame the cost of medical supplies and such for some of the high cost. But before we compare the USA to most industrialized nations we would have to lose 250 million or more people in this country. 

4 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

I never said I was for anything. I simply stated it would be bad business. Can you not agree to this? 

I’m not for paying high insurance premiums to pay for those that are constantly sick when I’m completely healthy and never use insurance unless a traumatic incident occurs. 

As to the employee issue, I wouldn’t hire anyone that had a illness or pre existing condition that prohibited them from doing their job.... I think that falls into the common sense category. 

1 hour ago, Gospeeder said:

Dan has it right. Greed... fueling corruption is rampant and is way past repair. The only solution possible imo. is when the system completely collapses.

And the collapse of work ethic and pride in  one self. We have so many lazy mfers who take advantage of system, welfare, food stamps, housing, medical, etc. Its a shame so many people take advantage of system and those of us that have worked our entire life pay for it with our taxes and all services we pay for with the price increases to cover those who scam system. 

11 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

And the collapse of work ethic and pride in  one self. We have so many lazy mfers who take advantage of system, welfare, food stamps, housing, medical, etc. Its a shame so many people take advantage of system and those of us that have worked our entire life pay for it with our taxes and all services we pay for with the price increases to cover those who scam system. 

All true, but do we let American's die in street from unwanted diseases because they are priced out of the current system. I don't have the answers either. I do know we are the most powerful country in the world and our citizens deserve, at a minimum, what other countries offer. If that's BS to you, so be it. I just think, minus the greedy bastards, we can do better.