trump’s controversial steel tariffs are already taking a major toll on one of the last remaining nail producers in the United States.

RedZone

Just now, Horsefly said:

I just provided the chart to show the 10 year trend.  I don’t need to deny anything.

We were damn near 10% in 2010 and before Obama left office he brought it to under 5%, but yet I’m to cream myself like those on the right bc trump took the baton n brought it to 3.8%?   Get real! 

I don't expect you to "cream yourself" over anything, but have at it.

Obama was in office for 8 years. Much of the reduction in his unemployment rates ties to the lowering in the labor participation rate. Fact.

And in the last 12-18 months of his presidency the improvement in the unemployment rate had effectively stalled. Again, a fact.

Trump inherited a stalled unemployment situation. Fact.

It's now the lowest it's been since April of 2000 (also 3.8%). Fact.

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I just provided the chart to show the 10 year trend.  I don’t need to deny anything.

We were damn near 10% in 2010 and before Obama left office he brought it to under 5%, but yet I’m to cream myself like those on the right bc trump took the baton n brought it to 3.8%?   Get real! 

He did say he could shoot one of these damn knucklehead's of his and they would still vote for him.  At the time I thought it was a joke but in retrospect he was correct they are bat shitt crazy acolytes.   I thought this was going to be the day he proved it. :D  He is at Port Arms need to work on the right forearm being parallel to the deck.  But it is a good position to assume a firing one. xD

Image result for THE RIGHT AND TRUMP

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

7.8 when I left....

Do you deny this figure?

images.jpg

Tranch debacle on Wall Street and the banking industry, precipitated that. REI up until that point was crash proof, no more.

Consider picking up a book, you getting to be as bad as SportsNut with the incendiary bullshit posts. 

I’m really amazed at the level of participation in this stew of effluent. 

Now F.O.,

All Knowing Asshole 

13 minutes ago, concha said:

I don't expect you to "cream yourself" over anything, but have at it.

Obama was in office for 8 years. Much of the reduction in his unemployment rates ties to the lowering in the labor participation rate. Fact.

And in the last 12-18 months of his presidency the improvement in the unemployment rate had effectively stalled. Again, a fact.

Trump inherited a stalled unemployment situation. Fact.

It's now the lowest it's been since April of 2000 (also 3.8%). Fact.

A labor force that is decreasing due to an aging population and baby boomers that RETIRED.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

A labor force that is decreasing due to an aging population and baby boomers that RETIRED.

Not entirely true.  Lots of folks in younger demographics bailed. 

The labor force (the denominator) shrunk. That is the point. Doing nothing, the unemployment rate would still have declined.

10 minutes ago, concha said:

Not entirely true.  Lots of folks in younger demographics bailed. 

The labor force (the denominator) shrunk. That is the point. Doing nothing, the unemployment rate would still have declined.

It's significantly true.  This is from the wapo 2013:

1) The aging of America. One big reason the participation rate dropped involves long-run demographic trends that have nothing to do with the current economy. Baby boomers are starting to retire en masse, which means that there are fewer eligible American workers.

This is from the wapo 2013:

1) The aging of America. One big reason the participation rate dropped involves long-run demographic trends that have nothing to do with the current economy. Baby boomers are starting to retire en masse, which means that there are fewer eligible American workers.

And?

"ONE big reason". Which means there are more.

For example:

131017151037-youth-jobs-data-1024x576.pn

7 minutes ago, concha said:

And?

"ONE big reason". Which means there are more.

For example:

131017151037-youth-jobs-data-1024x576.pn

You were a few lines above diminishing the significance of retirees, it was then and still is a significant factor, which is the only claim I made.

now you can get back to your GOP spinning and Trump worshipping.

Just now, Horsefly said:

You were a few lines above diminishing the significance of retirees, it was then and still is a significant factor, which is the only claim I made.

now you can get back to your GOP spinning.

My spinning? 🤣

What a laughable comment.

How is the retirement of Baby Boomers a defense of Obama's unemployment numbers? WHOOOOPEEEE!!!! Unemployment went down under Barry down because folks retired! Yay!!!!

Damn, man. Buy a clue.

Just now, concha said:

My spinning? 🤣

What a laughable comment.

How is the retirement of Baby Boomers a defense of Obama's unemployment numbers? WHOOOOPEEEE!!!! Unemployment went down under Barry down because folks retired! Yay!!!!

Damn, man. Buy a clue.

Obama's ending numbers, representative of several factors,  are the source of trumps "historic" success.  You can't triumph the one achievement while downplaying the precedent.

Obama's ending numbers, representative of several factors,  are the source of trumps "historic" success.  You can't triumph the one achievement while downplaying the precedent.

The precedent was 12-18 months of the unemployment rate remaining materially unchanged until Trump took over. Fact.

Thanks for playing.

I factor in the whole body of work, not be deceptively selective in the period I review.  

cheers

Laughable.

Trump inherited what Obama gave him.  That was an unemployment situation that had been stagnant for well over a year and an economy that hadn't seen 3% growth since Q1 of 2015. Fact.

13 minutes ago, concha said:

Laughable.

Trump inherited what Obama gave him.  That was an unemployment situation that had been stagnant for well over a year and an economy that hadn't seen 3% growth since Q1 of 2015. Fact.

Laughable.

Trump inherited an economy on the up swing and capitalized.

The fact that you are on here all day defending Trump is also laughable.

What a loser.

24 minutes ago, concha said:

Laughable.

Yep, he didn't inherit a recession like others and unemployment that was already reatively low.  Fact.

Just now, Horsefly said:

Yep, he didn't inherit a recession like others and unemployment that was already reatively low.  Fact.

Correct.

He inherited the most tepid tepid recovery in living memory, a stalled employment situation and low growth.

I'm glad we can agree on what is reality.

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Correct.

He inherited the most tepid tepid recovery in living memory, a stalled employment situation and low growth.

I'm glad we can agree on what is reality.

At the end of the day, Obama left it BETTER than what he received.

Trump's legacy has not been created yet, regardless of how hard you all want to try to write it in stone in year 2.

At the end of the day, Obama left it BETTER than what he received.

Trump's legacy has not been created yet, regardless of how hard you all want to try to write it in stone in year 2.

I'm not attempting to write anything in stone. But please have fun making shit up.

I am simply pointing you to facts, as you folks bend over backwards daily to try to paint an overall pretty damned good situation as hell.

Carry on.