GA an NJ Long Snappers Chosen for Army All American Game

94Packer

Buford High School(Georgia) Quinten Skinner (LSU Comit)

Wall High School (New Jersey) Joe Shimko  (NC State Comit)

The two were the long snapping competition winners at FBU Top Gun in Rock Hill South Carolina and will be the long snappers for the Army All American Bowl

The field consisted of the top 25 long snappers in the nation

Simon Samarzich of CA, ( Washington St  Comit) and Jack Landherr  of CA (Holds offers from Air Force and West Point)  were chosen for the Polynesian Bowl

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 94Packer said:

Buford High School(Georgia) Quinten Skinner (LSU Comit)

Wall High School (New Jersey) Joe Shimko  (NC State Comit)

The two were the long snapping competition winners at FBU Top Gun in Rock Hill South Carolina and will be the long snappers for the Army All American Bowl

The field consisted of the top 25 long snappers in the nation

Simon Samarzich of CA, ( Washington St  Comit) and Jack Landherr  of CA (Holds offers from Air Force and West Point)  were chosen for the Polynesian Bowl

Quite a bit of science in this long snapping business. 

I remember the video you posted a while back, this whole thing is getting pretty serious. What’s that, four? Four scholarships going to LSU. 

BGW

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Quite a bit of science in this long snapping business. 

I remember the video you posted a while back, this whole thing is getting pretty serious. What’s that, four? Four scholarships going to LSU. 

BGW

I think so, even Alabama keeps a LS on Scholarship now.... the times they are a changin. The tale is told that a head coach wants to speak to a LS his first day on campus and on his graduation day and no time in between. As a LS if you are never mentioned never have to answer to the coach and can remain anonymous for the most part..... you doing your job perfectly

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

The scouts might wanna keep an eye on the No.69 at Colquitt.  He's a Long Snapper.  And no sir....you shouldn't hold his dad against him....if you wanna talk about characters

(Smile)

Rufus>>

@Rufus69 There is still a competition going on for the starting position but I feel good with the depth that we have regardless of who gets the initial nod. One will be a senior the other a Sophmore. I’m partial myself but we have two good LS ready to go. #69 has changed to #55 now at his moms request lol. 

32 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

@Rufus69 There is still a competition going on for the starting position but I feel good with the depth that we have regardless of who gets the initial nod. One will be a senior the other a Sophmore. I’m partial myself but we have two good LS ready to go. #69 has changed to #55 now at his moms request lol. 

No.55 ???????

I'm hurt.

Rufus>>

42 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

It's between Max  and Kaleb right?

Anyway, I was hoping Kaleb could make it back into the starting O-line rotation but a few injuries keep holding him back I think. Knee surgery and rehab last year and then like a shoulder or something in spring this season already. 

Tough being a big heavy for the Pack. 

I'm like 94 though, we are blessed to have kids that are actually in competition on many positions. Including longsnapper. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

They are just not what anyone will call relevant in the football landscape but good for that kid. He worked hard has a d1 scholarship. Seems he is doing quite well

Agreed Shimko is a great talent. Anytime a LS gets a full ride at a D1 power5 school it is a red letter day

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

Agreed Shimko is a great talent. Anytime a LS gets a full ride at a D1 power5 school it is a red letter day

22 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

They are just not what anyone will call relevant in the football landscape but good for that kid. He worked hard has a d1 scholarship. Seems he is doing quite well

On 7/13/2018 at 10:27 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

Anyway, I was hoping Kaleb could make it back into the starting O-line rotation but a few injuries keep holding him back I think. Knee surgery and rehab last year and then like a shoulder or something in spring this season already. 

Tough being a big heavy for the Pack. 

I'm like 94 though, we are blessed to have kids that are actually in competition on many positions. Including longsnapper. 

0BF63196-A6CC-4594-AD35-E14691B7C1D5.jpeg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Yes I mean if your team actually punts yeah that be a problem 

but but you don’t need to worry about that when ur team always has good field position 

Field goals and punts. Both pretty important when you play in Georgia against REAL defenses like Lovejoy. 

xD

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Field goals and punts. Both pretty important when you play in Georgia against REAL defenses like Lovejoy. 

xD

2 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Yes I mean if your team actually punts yeah that be a problem 

but but you don’t need to worry about that when ur team always has good field position 

Especially with all that 4.3 speed.

Gotta snap the damn ball... quickly.

Happy to help,

AllKnowingAsshole

• Like 1