Child separation at border saved lot of kids...

NorCalRuss

Just now, Horsefly said:

So, let's get this straight. I point out northern banks made wealth off of cotton and the slave trade and you believe then they ran off with the wealth and made no investments into coal, steel, manufacturing, etc...they financed none of it? Is that what you believe?  Sure, clearly capitalism was lost on them.

Good night

No. Wrong. What a shocker.

I point out that the Founders and colonists set the foundation for the greatest and most powerful nation on earth and you have to leap to slavery as its basis. Because apparently all the white folks North and South did nothing. They all sat around and watched the 12% or 13% of the population with dark skin do all the work.  And all the money for everything came from Southern white guys, which is weird because if they had all the money and capital, they'd have owned and run everything.

And apparently these rich Southern guys weren't ruined by their loss in the Civil War and they continued to have all the capital which financed the explosive growth post the war when more and more evil Europeans showed up to get a piece of the action watching the 13% of the population that was black do all the work which eventually made America the wealthiest and most most powerful nation on earth.

Just now, concha said:

No. Wrong. What a shocker.

I point out that the Founders and colonists set the foundation for the greatest and most powerful nation on earth and you have to leap to slavery as its basis. Because apparently all the white folks North and South did nothing. They all sat around and watched the 12% or 13% of the population with dark skin do all the work.  And all the money for everything came from Southern white guys, which is weird because if they had all the money and capital, they'd have owned and run everything.

And apparently these rich Southern guys weren't ruined by their loss in the Civil War and they continued to have all the capital which financed the explosive growth post the war when more and more evil Europeans showed up to get a piece of the action watching the 13% of the population that was black do all the work which eventually made America the wealthiest and most most powerful nation on earth.

Sounds like you're having a meltdown, take a break from the keyboard.

• Haha 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

Sounds like you're having a meltdown, take a break from the keyboard.

Nope.

I'm enjoying myself. The creative writing about how slavery was the basis of American world supremacy - which didn't happen until the first half of the 20th century - is fascinating.

Please tell me more.

Just now, concha said:

Nope.

I'm enjoying myself. The creative writing about how slavery was the basis of American world supremacy - which didn't happen until the first half of the 20th century - is fascinating.

Please tell me more.

You obviously don't listen very well, but I'll repeat:  the NORTH benefited from the cotton and slavery trade and the banks made big $$,  those banks helped finance other northern industries.  I even posted the articles supporting this.

so, did slavery/cotton help bankroll what this nation was to become?  Absolutely.  

Just now, Horsefly said:

You obviously don't listen very well, but I'll repeat:  the NORTH benefited from the cotton and slavery trade and the banks made big $$,  those banks helped finance other northern industries.  I even posted the articles supporting this.

so, did slavery/cotton help bankroll what this nation was to become?  Absolutely.  

Was it the only thing?

No.

Did America become the world's greatest nation in terms of power and wealth in the age of King Cotton?

No. Not until many decades later, in fact. 

7 minutes ago, concha said:

Was it the only thing?

No.

Did America become the world's greatest nation in terms of power and wealth in the age of King Cotton?

No. Not until many decades later, in fact. 

Here's what I Stated::   "so, did slavery/cotton help bankroll what this nation was to become?  Absolutely"

no where did I say cotton/slavery wealth was the sole source for america's future economic growth.  

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Here's what I Stated::   "so, did slavery/cotton help bankroll what this nation was to become?  Absolutely"

no where did I say it was the sole source for america's future economic growth

Of course they built the greatest country,  on the backs on one of their other shortcomings according to you...slavery.  

- You

I don't see anything else mentioned. 

Just now, concha said:

Of course they built the greatest country,  on the backs on one of their other shortcomings according to you...slavery.  

- You

I don't see anything else mentioned. 

There were lots of posts I've made tonight, and to summarize AGAIN, the wealth the nation created from slavery/cotton helped advance this nation where we are today.  

Just now, Horsefly said:

There were lots of posts I've made tonight, and to summarize AGAIN, the wealth the nation created from slavery/cotton helped advance this nation where we are today.  

Never been denied.

Conversations and debates have a basis. Your reply to me was the basis for this night's back and forth:

- You

4 minutes ago, concha said:

Never been denied.

Conversations and debates have a basis. Your reply to me was the basis for this night's back and forth:

- You

Of course it's correct, your statement was in reference to the founding fathers, whose constitution was the backbone for this country's greatness,  you were attributing their actions to FUTURE success,  and I did the same with slavery as I outline several times.  

7 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Of course it's correct, your statement was in reference to the founding fathers, whose constitution was the backbone for this country's greatness,  you were attributing their actions to FUTURE success,  and I did the same with slavery as I outline several times.  

Pretty clear you hold cotton and slavery above all. Incorrect, but we're not going to convince one another.

Getting back to my original point to DD...  The white Europeans who founded the country did nothing that people of all colors all over the world haven't done.  You'll recall DD going after whites and defending Mexicans illegally crossing our borders as if the land was theirs to begin with (wrong, the American Southwest belonged to tribes generally not found in Mexico) and also after Jesus (though the Mesoamerican ancestors of these illegals were a people known for bloodthirsty religions and sickening brutality).

Imagine Aztecs with Guns, Germs and Steel on their side, conquering like crazy, enslaving and then moving up to sacrificing by the hundreds of thousands and millions per year... Perhaps their skin-tone would make that OK in DD's eyes?  Brown Queztalcoatl better than this White Jesus he seems to obsess over?

46 minutes ago, concha said:

Pretty clear you hold cotton and slavery above all. Incorrect, but we're not going to convince one another.

Getting back to my original point to DD...  The white Europeans who founded the country did nothing that people of all colors all over the world haven't done.  You'll recall DD going after whites and defending Mexicans illegally crossing our borders as if the land was theirs to begin with (wrong, the American Southwest belonged to tribes generally not found in Mexico) and also after Jesus (though the Mesoamerican ancestors of these illegals were a people known for bloodthirsty religions and sickening brutality).

Imagine Aztecs with Guns, Germs and Steel on their side, conquering like crazy, enslaving and then moving up to sacrificing by the hundreds of thousands and millions per year... Perhaps their skin-tone would make that OK in DD's eyes?  Brown Queztalcoatl better than this White Jesus he seems to obsess over?

No I don’t hold cotton and slavery above all but it’s important:  maybe sometime I’ll share my educational experience with you about what was taught about slavery and slaves contributions.  

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No I don’t hold cotton and slavery above all but it’s important:  maybe sometime I’ll share my educational experience with you about what was taught about slavery and slaves contributions.  

Important enough to inject it into a completely unrelated discussion.

2 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

So, how did the last 4 pages about cotton picking, slavery, civil war, I’m smarter than you, white people are the devil, small pox, Thanksgiving is bad, etc tie  into US saving  kids by seperating them at the border? 

I think Horsefly believes the kids are being taken, enslaved and put in Trump's cotton fields.

6 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

So, how did the last 4 pages about cotton picking, slavery, civil war, I’m smarter than you, white people are the devil, small pox, Thanksgiving is bad, etc tie  into US saving  kids by seperating them at the border? 

I just answered that question for you in the post above.  Thanks for following along so diligently.

15 hours ago, concha said:

I don't recall anyone saying "it's no big deal". All that has been said is that the Europeans (many behaving in a very un-Christian manner) behaved like men have for millennia. They just happened to be stronger. Guns, Germs & Steel. Aztec ritual sacrifices ranged from the tens of thousands into the hundreds of thousands annually. These are the ancestors of many who want to cross our border (whose ancestors did not historically live in America's Southwest and West).  "Just keeping it 100%".

Mexicans stopped ritually slaughtering people by the tens and hundreds of thousands a year after becoming Christian.  Funny, huh?

And who exactly is "White Jesus"?

My man, please research before you post. Especially when it comes to attempting to rationalize why immigrants should be treated less than human. Google is your friend. Find out how far the Aztec Nation stretched to at their peak.

14 hours ago, concha said:

Yes. There were lots of rich landowners.

And they fought the industrial North and lost. Why? Partially due to population, but moreso due to the fact that the North was orders of magnitude more powerful industrially. 90% of the country's industry was located in the North and the North produced over 30x more firearms than the South. Railroads? 22,000 miles in the North. Less than 10,000 in the South. Who blockaded whose ports?

Watch the documentary on the civil war by Ken Burns. You will learn how many times the south had a chance to win if not for some lucky breaks by the north.

20 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

My man, please research before you post. Especially when it comes to attempting to rationalize why immigrants should be treated less than human. Google is your friend. Find out how far the Aztec Nation stretched to at their peak.

Central Mexico.

Nobody being treated less than human.

2560px-Territorial_Organization_of_the_A

21 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Watch the documentary on the civil war by Ken Burns. You will learn how many times the south had a chance to win if not for some lucky breaks by the north.

They lost.

They had to win quickly and they failed.

Once Northern population, industrial and logistical (RR, sea) advantages were mobilized, it was a matter of time.

5 minutes ago, concha said:

Central Mexico.

Nobody being treated less than human.

2560px-Territorial_Organization_of_the_A

The Aztec Nation at one time reached as far north as Minnesota. Just stop homie. No offense, but a white guy trying to explain Mexican/Aztec history to A Mexican from Aztec blood who studied his culture in college as a hobby is a losing one vato. Just saying. Carry on.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

The Aztec Nation at one time reached as far north as Minnesota. Just stop homie. No offense, but a white guy trying to explain Mexican/Aztec history to A Mexican from Aztec blood who studied his culture in college as a hobby is a losing one vato. Just saying. Carry on.

From Aztec-History.com:

Estimated area of Aztec power

xaztec-empire-map.png.pagespeed.ic.38zbV

Did Minnesota move?