Child separation at border saved lot of kids...

NorCalRuss

3 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Admonish the bad and praise the good....You find it difficult to do the latter...Also, I tell anybody,anybody, who is not happy here, leave, start their own country..I was bithching about nobama, not our founding or the outstanding job those founders did..

I served 20 years for this country and my son is serving in south Korea right now, so you and others can run their mouths on a message board.  Horsefly has pokers in th fire.  I've earned the game ight to speak.  When you address horsefly you better leave that bs "leave the country" shit at the door we clear!  

18 minutes ago, concha said:

Generally it is industry that is what is considered to have made this country strong and great. Not agriculture, which formed the basis for slavery.

But carry on.

Keep the grievance groove going...

Wrong, cotton was the major US export at the time and the wealth created set the stage for industrialization.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Then stop bitching, clear.....When did I say "Horseshit" leave the country "

???? I said, when people bitch about America, I tell them," leave and find your own country or move to one you like more"...I vote,volunteer and read our history to learn and not make those mistakes....Who do  you think you are to try and stop my free speech....Get off your high horse and get that feather out of your hat...

I'l do whatever and say whatever I want old timer and if you dont like it you can eat shit or bring your ass over here and shut me up, I pray to God you choose the latter!  your call old man, go for it!! 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Grow up..........,Iam to old for that kid suff......You sound like a little spoiled brat who lost his baby bottle...Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Wow....

I see you quickly get off the "go to Africa" racist dog whistle talk.  You're best to stick with the baby bottle bs, it's a safer zone for you.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Source sounds legit. Half of the immigrants were criminals and child abusers. ROTFLMAO.

“Nearly half of the illegal immigrants who tried to enter the United States with children under the age of 5 in tow were either violent criminals, had no relation to the child they were with, were taken into custody for other charges, or didn’t want the child back, the Department of Homeland Security said on Thursday.”

Where did you get your info from? It doesn’t say that at all. You forgot to mention some other key issues with them, why?

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Did colonists infect blankets with small pox or is that in question too?

Shit like this with their damn Christianity.   But the Indians fought each other so us massacreing them is no big deal.  A bunch of damn ignorant hypocrites that want you to believe their sanitized history.  

In 1598 Juan de Oñate led 129 soldiers and 10 Franciscan Catholic priests plus a large number of women, children, servants, slaves, and livestock into the Rio Grande valley of New Mexico. There were at the time approximately 40,000 Pueblo Indians inhabiting the region. Oñate put down a revolt at Acoma Pueblo by killing and enslaving hundreds of the Indians and sentencing all men 25 or older to have their foot cut off. The Acoma Massacre would instill fear of the Spanish in the region for years to come, though Franciscan missionaries were assigned to several of the Pueblo towns to Christianize the natives.

Care to guess why all the Mexicans are now Catholic? 😎

White Jesus is one evil Mother fukka

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Don't forget those "fukka" Muhammad's and ""Ala Akbar"...

When you tell me to leave your country which key do you use to let me out and what port is this?  I don't give a damn about you saying fukk Muhammad.  I'm not on here juxtaposing hypocrisy daily.  I expose it.  When the Mohammads start burning up my churches and lynching me and shooting me after praying with him and get on here and act sanitized.  Best believe his ass will get the same treatment.  White Jesus is a evil bastard. And no Dammit I will not forget  and its never too long ago.  

Off topic a little but what tax payer here would be all for funding one way tickets out of the country for anyone who wants to leave? 

The condition is they have to give up citizenship and will never be allowed to step foot on American soil. If caught they will be charged with Treason. 

Wonder how many people would sign up for that? 

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Off topic a little but what tax payer here would be all for funding one way tickets out of the country for anyone who wants to leave? 

The condition is they have to give up citizenship and will never be allowed to step foot on American soil. If caught they will be charged with Treason. 

Wonder how many people would sign up for that? 

I would pay extra taxes to get those intolerant ones to leave that hate seeing their own hypocrisy exposed.  I also think every draft dodger should be tried for treason and stripped of their citizenship.  Especially if you hid behind School and more so medically.  I also think if you were drafted in excessive numbers to your population % the nation should have provided the same schooling that the privileged draft dodgers enjoyed. But what do I know.  Is this where I should just leave YOUR COUNTRY?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I would pay extra taxes to get those intolerant ones to leave that hate seeing their own hypocrisy exposed.  I also think every draft dodger should be tried for treason and stripped of their citizenship.  Especially if you hid behind School and more so medically.  

Amen brother, they are the true stain on the country.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Wrong, cotton was the major US export at the time and the wealth created set the stage for industrialization.

While spinning cotton may have started the industrial revolution, it is not what made America a world power. How many of the great Robber Barrons made their money from cotton?  Northern factories. Not Southern. Steel. Railroads. Oil.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Shit like this with their damn Christianity.   But the Indians fought each other so us massacreing them is no big deal.  A bunch of damn ignorant hypocrites that want you to believe their sanitized history.  

In 1598 Juan de Oñate led 129 soldiers and 10 Franciscan Catholic priests plus a large number of women, children, servants, slaves, and livestock into the Rio Grande valley of New Mexico. There were at the time approximately 40,000 Pueblo Indians inhabiting the region. Oñate put down a revolt at Acoma Pueblo by killing and enslaving hundreds of the Indians and sentencing all men 25 or older to have their foot cut off. The Acoma Massacre would instill fear of the Spanish in the region for years to come, though Franciscan missionaries were assigned to several of the Pueblo towns to Christianize the natives.

Care to guess why all the Mexicans are now Catholic? 😎

White Jesus is one evil Mother fukka

I don't recall anyone saying "it's no big deal". All that has been said is that the Europeans (many behaving in a very un-Christian manner) behaved like men have for millennia. They just happened to be stronger. Guns, Germs & Steel. Aztec ritual sacrifices ranged from the tens of thousands into the hundreds of thousands annually. These are the ancestors of many who want to cross our border (whose ancestors did not historically live in America's Southwest and West).  "Just keeping it 100%".

Mexicans stopped ritually slaughtering people by the tens and hundreds of thousands a year after becoming Christian.  Funny, huh?

And who exactly is "White Jesus"?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, concha said:

While spinning cotton may have started the industrial revolution, it is not what made America a world power. How many of the great Robber Barrons made their money from cotton?  Northern factories. Not Southern. Steel. Railroads. Oil.

This is an excerpt from the history channel

"With cash crops of tobacco, cotton and sugar cane, America’s southern states became the economic engine of the burgeoning nation. Their fuel of choice? Human slavery.

If the Confederacy had been a separate nation, it would have ranked as the fourth richest in the world at the start of the Civil War.

The slave economy had been very good to American prosperity. By the start of the war, the South was producing 75 percent of the world’s cotton and creating more millionaires per capita in the Mississippi River valley than anywhere in the nation. Slaves represented Southern planters’ most significant investment—and the bulk of their wealth."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This is an excerpt from the history channel

"With cash crops of tobacco, cotton and sugar cane, America’s southern states became the economic engine of the burgeoning nation. Their fuel of choice? Human slavery.

If the Confederacy had been a separate nation, it would have ranked as the fourth richest in the world at the start of the Civil War.

The slave economy had been very good to American prosperity. By the start of the war, the South was producing 75 percent of the world’s cotton and creating more millionaires per capita in the Mississippi River valley than anywhere in the nation. Slaves represented Southern planters’ most significant investment—and the bulk of their wealth."

Yes. There were lots of rich landowners.

And they fought the industrial North and lost. Why? Partially due to population, but moreso due to the fact that the North was orders of magnitude more powerful industrially. 90% of the country's industry was located in the North and the North produced over 30x more firearms than the South. Railroads? 22,000 miles in the North. Less than 10,000 in the South. Who blockaded whose ports?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, concha said:

Yes. They were lots of rich landowners.

And they fought the industrial North and lost. Why? Partially due to population, but moreso due to the fact that the North was orders of magnitude more powerful industrially. 90% of the country's industry was located in the North and the North produced over 30x more firearms than the South. Railroads? 22,000 miles in the North. Less than 10,000 in the South. Who blockaded whose ports?

What are you arguing?  The country was wealthy because of slavery and cotton.

"If the Confederacy had been a separate nation, it would have ranked as the fourth richest in the world at the start of the Civil War."

do you dispute this?

By 1850 the South produced over 2/3 of the worlds cotton supply, well over 2 billion pounds a year.

Just now, Horsefly said:

What are you arguing?  The country was wealthy because of slavery and cotton.

"If the Confederacy had been a separate nation, it would have ranked as the fourth richest in the world at the start of the Civil War."

do you dispute this?

I get castigated for pointing to economics to support the results of Trump's presidency.

So, your measure of a country becoming the greatest on earth is some really rich Southern slave owners?

How'd that Southern slave owner nation do when confronted with an industrial power? I recall them losing and their land being laid waste.

Was it cotton that fueled westward expansion?

Did cotton fuel the construction of one of the world's most powerful blue water navies?

Was the country able to step onto the world stage as a global military power in WW I due to cotton?  WW II?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, concha said:

I get castigated for pointing to economics to support the results of Trump's presidency.

So, your measure of a country becoming the greatest on earth is some really rich Southern slave owners?

How'd that Southern slave owner nation do when confronted with an industrial power? I recall them losing and their land being laid waste.

Was it cotton that fueled westward expansion?

Did cotton fuel the construction of one of the world's most powerful blue water navies?

Was the country able to step onto the world stage as a global military power in WW I due to cotton?  WW II?

It's a tiered process, one success fed into another,  the North, especially banks were also tied into slave labor along with the most powerful nation at the time GB) that relied heavily on imported cotton from the US which wealth helped fuel the industrial revolution in that country.

And, finally, New England? As Ronald Bailey shows, cotton fed the textile revolution in the United States. “In 1860, for example, New England had 52 percent of the manufacturing establishments and 75 percent of the 5.14 million spindles in operation,” he explains. The same goes for looms. In fact, Massachusetts “alone had 30 percent of all spindles, and Rhode Island another 18 percent.” Most impressively of all, “New England mills consumed 283.7 million pounds of cotton, or 67 percent of the 422.6 million pounds of cotton used by U.S. mills in 1860.” In other words, on the eve of the Civil War, New England’s economy, so fundamentally dependent upon the textile industry, was inextricably intertwined, as Bailey puts it, “to the labor of black people working as slaves in the U.S. South.”

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It's a tiered process, one success fed into another,  the North, especially banks were also tied into slave labor along with the most powerful nation at the time GB) that relied heavily on imported cotton from the US which wealth helped fuel the industrial revolution in that country.

And, finally, New England? As Ronald Bailey shows, cotton fed the textile revolution in the United States. “In 1860, for example, New England had 52 percent of the manufacturing establishments and 75 percent of the 5.14 million spindles in operation,” he explains. The same goes for looms. In fact, Massachusetts “alone had 30 percent of all spindles, and Rhode Island another 18 percent.” Most impressively of all, “New England mills consumed 283.7 million pounds of cotton, or 67 percent of the 422.6 million pounds of cotton used by U.S. mills in 1860.” In other words, on the eve of the Civil War, New England’s economy, so fundamentally dependent upon the textile industry, was inextricably intertwined, as Bailey puts it, “to the labor of black people working as slaves in the U.S. South.”

I haven't denied that cotton was important to the economy. Hell, I even pointed out that is had a major hand in getting the industrial revolution started.

Cotton did not make the US a world power though. Iron, steel, coal, oil... The North. Where did America's population explode?  The South? No. Industry. The North.

Did other major nations grow to fear American power due to cotton fields? No. Look to the aforementioned population growth, steel, oil, industrial production...And generally after the Civil War.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, concha said:

I haven't denied that cotton was important to the economy. Hell, I even pointed out that is had a major hand in getting the industrial revolution started.

Cotton did not make the US a world power though. Iron, steel, coal, oil... The North. Where did America's population explode?  The South? No. Industry. The North.

Did other major nations grow to fear American power due to cotton fields? No. Look to the aforementioned population growth, steel, oil, industrial production...And generally after the Civil War.

At the time the US was a world economic power, cotton was a major player and slave was a source.  I’ve already provided info.  Not only the US but GB relied heavily on cotton as an import for manufacturing, making them an economic world power as well.  It is what it is.  

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Do you see the word “economic” in my statement?   

If I recall, this is the statement I made that rubbed you the wrong way:

"In the end they built the strongest and arguably greatest nation on earth."

Cotton wealth did not provide strength.  And I think you'd agree the slavery that cotton required did not make America great.