Newton football

Horsefly

Gonna be very interesting.  I think their 11 will be a handful for those 4A schools.  Intriguied how that defense matchup with finesse Gilmer offense and the physical brand that WOS.  Brings.  They damn sure are trying to prove they are a special 3A.  Not many lining up to play Gilmer and WOS.  I'm rolling with them.  Barlow will gash Gilmer but can they shut down elite 4A.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Let’s road trip to the Newton vs Gilmer game Sept 28th at Newton

I'm all in.   I can make that 600 mile trip.  Hell that is over 330 miles round trip for Gilmer.  For me it depends what they do with WOS and Silsbee in wks 2 and 3. If they get them it's a no brainer.   Gilmer is week 4 so no excuses about it was the 1st game for either. The week before travelling to Newton Gilmer will be tangling with some lil scrawny team named Carthage. :D  Weird that Carthage would go to Gilmer in back to back years.  And prior to Gilmer Carthage will have played #9 5A Marshall on the road. 

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I'm all in.   I can make that 600 mile trip.  Hell that is over 330 miles round trip for Gilmer.  For me it depends what they do with WOS and Silsbee in wks 2 and 3. If they get them it's a no brainer.   Gilmer is week 4 so no excuses about it was the 1st game for either. The week before travelling to Newton Gilmer will be tangling with some lil scrawny team named Carthage. :D  Weird that Carthage would go to Gilmer in back to back years.  And prior to Gilmer Carthage will have played #9 5A Marshall on the road. 

From my house to Newton is 313 miles

5 hours ago, Texasball said:

Even if Newton gets beat by WOS and Gilmer - I will still be impressed by their brand of football.  They have great mixture of talent on this team...They have good athletic kids beyond the star players.   

Yes they do.  There were other kids making things happen in that sc game last year and most return.  I was very impressed

31 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Will this be another dominating game for Allen?  I hear they look very impressive and are very physical.  

You never know what the mind set of the players will be at game time...Will Allen respect them is a threat to beat them is the key.

Allen is now like 5-0 in OOS games

vs SC, FL, AL, LA, LA

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Will this be another dominating game for Allen?  I hear they look very impressive and are very physical.  

East better load up on transfers or they will get bitch slapped back to Utah.

Their claim to fame was beating an always overrated DLS team in 2016.

This one will be UGLY!!

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Are u going to the Allen vs Utah East game?

There are so many.  I am gonna call you when these games get closer and we can coordinate and hit them up.  It's right up the road so I would like to see it and more likely will.  The AD from Allen hooked me up last year a couple of times.  Good guy.  

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

You never know what the mind set of the players will be at game time...Will Allen respect them is a threat to beat them is the key.

Allen is now like 5-0 in OOS games

vs SC, FL, AL, LA, LA

Those teams just like coming to the Mecca and play in front of a big crowd in a great Stadium.  Get their butts kicked and go back home and either win their State or battle like hell for it.  I wanna see East keep slamming into that Allen D.  If you cant throw and those big Corners come up and start hitting it could be a serious beatdown.  I am glad we get the Mountain West.  I got tired of seeing the SEC brand of HS football  Dominate against that  no Defense Big 12 Texas HS team. Wink Wink

I had @Horsefly and #1AllenFan laughing at the Viera game when I said Allen made their Punter 1st team All State in the 1st Half.  It was like practice he punted so much.