Newton football

Horsefly

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

You never know what the mind set of the players will be at game time...Will Allen respect them is a threat to beat them is the key.

Allen is now like 5-0 in OOS games

vs SC, FL, AL, LA, LA

What do ALL of Allens OOS games have in common ...

East UT AT Allen

Allen 28, Evangel Christian LA 7 ... at Allen

Allen 25, Hoover AL 7 ... at Allen 

Allen 45, Evangel Christian LA 10 ... at Allen 

Allen 56, Viera FL 20 ... at Allen

Allen 58, Dutch Fork SC 53 ... at Allen

Does Allen have the gumption to travel atleast ONE time?

18 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

East UT AT Allen

When you own a Rolls Royce, why would you rent a Toyota? 😉

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

East UT AT Allen

Not when they make 100k+ at home. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

East UT AT Allen

Eagerness to come and play in the Best HS Stadium In America against the Allen By God EAGLES in TEXAS. 

The common thread is they want to come play Allen a helluva lot more than Allen wanting to go play them.

Another commonality is after Allen Kicks your ass you win State or go to State back home 80% of the time.

Look for East In the UTAH finals.

Some comments from Gilmer Coaching staff on the game against Newton and how it came to be:

"I really commend newton tho, they aren’t afraid to schedule tough opponents it’s crazy we had to play them because teams around here didn’t want to play us. We tried to schedule Tatum but they don’t want them problems anymore "

When asked why are they playing a 3A DII team 2 classes below them:

"Naw they called and we answered, but I wish we could of played halfway because that drive is ridiculous" 

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

"I really commend newton tho, they aren’t afraid to schedule tough opponents it’s crazy we had to play them because teams around here didn’t want to play us. We tried to schedule Tatum but they don’t want them problems anymore "

And this is the Gilmer coach?

Belly Laugh â Stock Vector

11 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Same reason we pay those willing to travel to Moultrie.

Like Allen, we prefer pesos over pleasing a couple hundred people on the internet.

Yeah and i have no problem with colquitt playing every game at home

What i have a problem with is morons like rab who like to pretend that FL is a weak state because AHP had a close game in hostile territory with every advantage in colquitt back pocket to keep it close 

12 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

East UT AT Allen

Funny because i don't see lowndes traveling these days

Hell i would respect lowndes if they would play home games with these teams,  but they too busy facing FORMER FL powerhouses and scrubs

If they got money why not pay one of those Miami schools to drive up there,  I'm sure they would find someone willing to drive up there

Hell if they get Miami Northwestern they might make some money from the crowd they bring because MNW has a solid fan base that travels well,  might be best overall fan base in Miami Dade 

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Back to the Topic @Horsefly . When you want to get the feel of bEast Texas just go to the source. Nice topic on Newton vs. the 4A Guys. Good stuff and some trash talking to boot..  @Texasball and @Frosty4024

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?/topic/165405-dave-campbell-3a-d2-preseason-rankings/

Geez that Gilmer guy is pretty cocky considering they don't exactly have a "stud" QB supposedly...

Guess he knows something we don't?

26 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Geez that Gilmer guy is pretty cocky considering they don't exactly have a "stud" QB supposedly...

Guess he knows something we don't?

I loved all the Gilmer is gonna smoke Newton and depth is gonna take over.  It only takes 22 kids to play HS football.  They better worry about Barlow gashing them for 4 quarters.  You are correct on the QB.  But they are saying this is a more athletic kid than Poppy was which isn't much since Poppy was like a Bowling ball.  The Webb kid is a baller and Gilmer will always have some athletic kids.   I'm going with Newton over the Buckeyes and that is hard to say because North bEast Texas owns South bEast Texas head up ask WOS. 

36 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I was thinking the same thing

Sir this is why I am going with Newton over these bigger 4A top teams.  Remember 2014 when Gilmer was loaded with the Boyd boys and Blake Lynch they beat a very talented WOS Team.  Well Newton was a very good 3A team that lost to that talented Waskom team for State. That year Newton also played the big boys and this team is much improved over that 2014 state runner up. They are 3A DII but played 3 classes up against 4A DI Power Henderson and lost 41-32 Henderson went 4 rds deep in the DI playoff's.  Newton beat 4A DII Runner up West Orange Stark 19 -7.  And they also split with 2 other 4A teams.

They have done well against bigger teams and this team is loaded for their class and believed by most to be the most talented team in bEast Texas regardless of Class.  So Gilmer better strap up because that Newton Defense is scrappy, fast with good size. 

They are gonna beat those 4A powers IMHO.

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Sir this is why I am going with Newton over these bigger 4A top teams.  Remember 2014 when Gilmer was loaded with the Boyd boys and Blake Lynch they beat a very talented WOS Team.  Well Newton was a very good 3A team that lost to that talented Waskom team for State. That year Newton also played the big boys and this team is much improved over that 2014 state runner up. They are 3A DII but played 3 classes up against 4A DI Power Henderson and lost 41-32 Henderson went 4 rds deep in the DI playoff's.  Newton beat 4A DII Runner up West Orange Stark 19 -7.  And they also split with 2 other 4A teams.

They have done well against bigger teams and this team is loaded for their class and believed by most to be the most talented team in bEast Texas regardless of Class.  So Gilmer better strap up because that Newton Defense is scrappy, fast with good size. 

They are gonna beat those 4A powers IMHO.

They are playing 3 top 5 4A teams, I'm gonna go 2-1 based on nothing more than depth being a factor with that gauntlet.

• Like 1