Newton football

Horsefly

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They are playing 3 top 5 4A teams, I'm gonna go 2-1 based on nothing more than depth being a factor with that gauntlet.

Can't argue against it.  Who do you think is the lost WOS.  Gilmer has one of the best offenses in Texas and will scheme against anyone with those slip screens and reverses.  But I don't think they can stop Barlow especially after me seeing what Young for Melissa did in the Playoffs against them. Barlow is much better top 5 @ RB in State.  I think them and WOS will be some pads popping for sure in that one. I think they beat Silsbee again.

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Can't argue against it.  Who do you think is the lost WOS.  Gilmer has one of the best offenses in Texas and will scheme against anyone with those slip screens and reverses.  But I don't think they can stop Barlow especially after me seeing what Young for Melissa did in the Playoffs against them. Barlow is much better top 5 @ RB in State.  I think them and WOS will be some pads popping for sure in that one. I think they beat Silsbee again.

I predict wins at home  (silsbee and gilmer) 

6 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Funny because i don't see lowndes traveling these days

Hell i would respect lowndes if they would play home games with these teams,  but they too busy facing FORMER FL powerhouses and scrubs

If they got money why not pay one of those Miami schools to drive up there,  I'm sure they would find someone willing to drive up there

Hell if they get Miami Northwestern they might make some money from the crowd they bring because MNW has a solid fan base that travels well,  might be best overall fan base in Miami Dade 

Lowndes doesn't want to play those type games bro. They just don't. You will notice something else about them too... They don't have a presence here on the national discussions. You know why? They don't care. 

They have a different philosophy imo. They want to cruise into region play undefeated and unscathed. They are often very talented and pretty well coached. They just don't care about the mess you spew about them. They don't. 

They can climb rankings ladders by playing teams that do play tougher more national type schedules. That's likely ok by them for the most part. 

Anyway, that's my take on them. Play easy and soft until region. Pretty sure their coaches and most of their fans apparently could give a shit less about how they get ranked nationally. 

9 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

@steeler01and @Guccifer should have their own thread running and just post latest current events of hsfb and switching subjects on the fly.  That would lead in nicely to the start of the season.  

Dropped in suggestion 📦  lol.  

Add Redzone.... call it the three stooges. 

Watch a lot of classic footage and claim evaluation astuteness. 

Regards

BGW

40 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Lowndes doesn't want to play those type games bro. They just don't. You will notice something else about them too... They don't have a presence here on the national discussions. You know why? They don't care. 

They have a different philosophy imo. They want to cruise into region play undefeated and unscathed. They are often very talented and pretty well coached. They just don't care about the mess you spew about them. They don't. 

They can climb rankings ladders by playing teams that do play tougher more national type schedules. That's likely ok by them for the most part. 

Anyway, that's my take on them. Play easy and soft until region. Pretty sure their coaches and most of their fans apparently could give a shit less about how they get ranked nationally. 

Seeing quite a few programs like that, Texas publics seemingly so.... but the culture in Texas is more ingrained. 

BGW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Then why do they even bother playing oos at all

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Because the little schools around here say "Not No but HELL NO!" 

They're left little choice maybe. I honestly don't know. Could be coaching connections to those programs, or other reasons. 

If they want to pay us 10k to drive to valdosta we will play them

We would be second best oos game in their programs history 

9 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Funny because i don't see lowndes traveling these days

Hell i would respect lowndes if they would play home games with these teams,  but they too busy facing FORMER FL powerhouses and scrubs

If they got money why not pay one of those Miami schools to drive up there,  I'm sure they would find someone willing to drive up there

Hell if they get Miami Northwestern they might make some money from the crowd they bring because MNW has a solid fan base that travels well,  might be best overall fan base in Miami Dade 

Are you kidding me with this Lowndes stuff.

What does Lowndes have to do with Allen...

I dont see Bishop Hendrickson RI traveling OOS... But wtf does that have to do with Allen... Im hoping you are catching the randomness of you bringing up Lowndes.

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

I don’t see this being big blow out.  These guys hung with IMG for the most part

They lost to IMG by 24. 43-19 ... The 2nd half was a beating.

Youll notice the also lost by 31 & 13 to Bingham... Who was then hammered by SFA.

I say Allen 35, East 14

Hell MNW halfway hung with IMG... Then got hammered by Chandler.

Allen should handle them, but we'll see.

13 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Are you kidding me with this Lowndes stuff.

What does Lowndes have to do with Allen...

I dont see Bishop Hendrickson RI traveling OOS... But wtf does that have to do with Allen... Im hoping you are catching the randomness of you bringing up Lowndes.

Bc you criticizing Allen for only playing oos games at home 

Since you criticize them for it I'm assuming you have same stance for lowndes, even though Allen plays much better oos competition even if they are all played in TX 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Bc you criticizing Allen for only playing oos games at home 

Since you criticize them for it I'm assuming you have same stance for lowndes, even though Allen plays much better oos competition even if they are all played in TX 

By your logic, you can name any team, any where and ask the same question and it mean the same thing.

Lowndes hasnt made it a habit to play OOS every year ... Allen has the past 5-6 years, against pretty good competition for the most part. The question is, why do they always, every single season, play all their OOS games at home? Why not play a single OOS game away?

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

By your logic, you can name any team, any where and ask the same question and it mean the same thing.

Lowndes hasnt made it a habit to play OOS every year ... Allen has the past 5-6 years, against pretty good competition for the most part. The question is, why do they always, every single season, play all their OOS games at home? Why not play a single OOS game away?

Well considering how much Allen makes in a single game they realize it's cheaper to pay teams to come to them 

They could probably pay a powerhouse 30k to travel to them and still make 60k to keep

4 hours ago, Texasball said:

I don’t see this being big blow out.  These guys hung with IMG for the most part

You’re kidding right? You call 43-19  hanging with a team?  East is always physically big but they can’t hang with speed.  A team like Allen should wallop them.