Cincinnati Jealousy

BigDrop

I have a good friend who just called me from Cincinnati.  He just finished a Swiss sundae with chocolate chip ice cream at Graeter’s.  Earlier, for dinner, he had a four way and a cheese Coney at Camp Washington chili.

I would almost vote for Trump (!) to have had his dinner tonight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigDrop said:

There’s a Skyline chili on highway 19 north of Gulf to Bay in Clearwater that my wife stop at on our annual trips to Clearwater Beach.  For ice cream we go to Dunedin.

I didn't know that one was still there. I thought I heard it closed...very cool!

13 hours ago, BigDrop said:

I have a good friend who just called me from Cincinnati.  He just finished a Swiss sundae with chocolate chip ice cream at Graeter’s.  Earlier, for dinner, he had a four way and a cheese Coney at Camp Washington chili.

I would almost vote for Trump (!) to have had his dinner tonight.

4 way, you say... visualizing the scenarios now...😈😈😈

BGW

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BigDrop said:

There’s a Skyline chili on highway 19 north of Gulf to Bay in Clearwater that my wife stop at on our annual trips to Clearwater Beach.  For ice cream we go to Dunedin.

7 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

What kind of town is Dunedin ??? It's a Scottish name...

Dunedin is where old lesbians go to retire 😂

12 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

I didn't know that one was still there. I thought I heard it closed...very cool!

It’s been a couple of years but I just looked it up and there’s s Skyline chili on Gulf to Bay.

Phew!  We go back in a month or so and it will be our first stop after the Tampa airport.

10 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

What kind of town is Dunedin ??? It's a Scottish name...

Strachan’s is the name of the homemade ice cream shop-“best of Tampa Bay” and excellent. Dunedin is three or four miles north of Clearwater, on the east side of the intracoastal.  

There is also an outstanding restaurant a block or so away which is also one of the very best in the Tampa Bay Area:  The a Black Pearl.  It has actually been named as the best by Tampa magazine.

And, forty or so miles south, is a restaurant we will build our trip around getting a reservation at:  the Beach Bistro in Holmes Beach, on Anna Maria island.  Zagat 28 for food, fantastic ambience with two tables literally on the beach but we will sit inside.  We’ve probably been there 20 or more times since the ‘90’s.  A tradition for us.

7 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

That how you knew, your standards are so low, you were hitting on the blue haired lesbos.  

Regards

AllKnowingAsshole

If you were the all knowing asshole like you say you are, you would know it was a play on words. It was a joke. 

Your social justice needs to pump the breaks. 

Go scream racist, mysogonist, homophobic, islamaphobic, bigot in another thread pussy 😂

Best regards 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

If you were the all knowing asshole like you say you are, you would know it was a play on words. It was a joke. 

Your social justice needs to pump the breaks. 

Go scream racist, mysogonist, homophobic, islamaphobic, bigot in another thread pussy 😂

Best regards 

Was it?

And I’m the pussy?

Thats rich... (big grin)

Regards

AllKbowingAsshole

12 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

I live in West Palm Beach so it's about three hours away,right....??Never been there and is a worth a trip for me and the wife, ????

Our first choice would be the Beach Bistro in Holmes Beach on Anna Maria island (5 miles north of Bradenton directly on the Gulf).  Superb!  We’ve celebrated many anniversaries there.  Incredible, intimate ambience with character and a gifted chef in the kitchen.  All kinds of info on the internet about it but you need to plan in advance:  it is extremely well known on the Gulf Coast.

Alternatively, when I retired (I am old) I left a trade show in Orlando, stopped in my hotel and put on a pair of shorts and a polo shirt and drove the 100 or so miles to a fire pit on the beach behind the Sand Pearl on Clearwater Beach.  Three or so glasses of wine and I watched the sun set.  The Sand Pearl is Clearwater Beach’s best hotel and one of the best anywhere on the Gulf Coast.  (I am proud of the day I retired.)

This could be your overnight base with a short commute to Dunedin and the Black Pearl.

We go to both almost every year and have stayed almost everywhere in Clearwater Beach or Sand Key.

Over the last 30 or so years we’ve included almost everywhere from Longboat Key to Sanibel and Captiva, south to Naples, north to Tarpon Springs (great wine store B-21 on highway 19).

Beach Bistro is our choice for a special occasion.

Their fire pit and the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico is truly special.

• Like 1