New York times defends hiring a racist

HSFBfan

47 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

But it was from 2014, well in the past, similar to the arguments I've heard about trump and his past transgressions.  she did apologize.  Didn't MLB and fans pretty much forgive those white players that had racist tweets resurrected from their past? 

38 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

But it was from 2014, well in the past, similar to the arguments I've heard about trump and his past transgressions.  she did apologize.  Didn't MLB and fans pretty much forgive those white players that had racist tweets resurrected from their past? 

You are wasting your time responding to HSFB Fan with mitigating facts or a different point of view. He sees the world through a different set of lenses than we do.

As the British Colonialist, writer and racist, Rudyard Kipling said, "East is East and West is West and never the twain shall meet." 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

NEW YORK TIMES: We hired Sarah Jeong because of the exceptional work she has done … her journalism and the fact that she is a young Asian woman have made her a subject of frequent online harassment. For a period of time she responded to that harassment by imitating the rhetoric of her harassers,” The Times said in a statement. “She regrets it, and The Times does not condone it.”

....and the rest of the story. She was wrong. She should not have gone "low" against her bigoted attackers. HSFB, like Fake News, is wacked 

1 minute ago, dan in daytona said:

NEW YORK TIMES: We hired Sarah Jeong because of the exceptional work she has done … her journalism and the fact that she is a young Asian woman have made her a subject of frequent online harassment. For a period of time she responded to that harassment by imitating the rhetoric of her harassers,” The Times said in a statement. “She regrets it, and The Times does not condone it.”

....and the rest of the story. She was wrong. She should not have gone "low" against her bigoted attackers. HSFB, like Fake News, is wacked 

Right she is wrong and the NYT backed her....wonder if that was a white person saying that about Obama and other black people. Probably fired on the spot. NYT....liberal rag

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

You are wasting your time responding to HSFB Fan with mitigating facts or a different point of view. He sees the world through a different set of lenses than we do.

As the British Colonialist, writer and racist, Rudyard Kipling said, "East is East and West is West and never the twain shall meet." 

One can only imagine what $hit this young woman had to put up with from low life pest.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Right she is wrong and the NYT backed her....wonder if that was a white person saying that about Obama and other black people. Probably fired on the spot. NYT....liberal rag

Your comprehension is extremely low. Read the factors given by her and the Times.  She gave some haters what they earned. End of story. 

14 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Your comprehension is extremely low. Read the factors given by her and the Times.  She gave some haters what they earned. End of story. 

And she got rewarded for her racist views. Good to see liberals taking care of their own. I read the whole article before I posted. 

2 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

She used racist terms because "they" earned it . No wonder you get along with gator. I'm sure Devil dog earned being called the N word.

• Like 2

She's a racist piece of garbage and the NYT is complicit in her hatred. They love this type of stuff. 

The baseball players should be tossed as well.

Thats the one positive thing about current technology. There is easier ways to expose people and them expose themselves. 

Anyone who makes pedophile jokes should have their front door kicked in and their house raided. People are sticking up for James Gun. That's just as scary. 

Cajun is a self exposed racist. You have to be careful what privileges and access to give garbage like this 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

She's a racist piece of garbage and the NYT is complicit in her hatred. They love this type of stuff. 

The baseball players should be tossed as well.

Thats the one positive thing about current technology. There is easier ways to expose people and them expose themselves. 

Anyone who makes pedophile jokes should have their front door kicked in and their house raided. People are sticking up for James Gun. That's just as scary. 

Cajun is a self exposed racist. You have to be careful what privileges and access to give garbage like this 

That's a reasonable post. I agree somewhat.....can't say the same for many of your others, but that's you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Come on NY, you believe she started this garbage. Please, you ain't that naive.

Her tweets are over a period of years and are standalone, not responses to other internet trolls.  I think she really is racist / bigoted / biased (whatever descriptor you see fit), yes I do.  In my entire life living in NY and seeing other parts of the country and the world I have encountered a variety of bigots - comprised of all colors, ages, and sexes.  In this case, her bigoted statements are easy to defend, because her targets are white.  If that makes me naive in your eyes, so be it.

40 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Her tweets are over a period of years and are standalone, not responses to other internet trolls.  I think she really is racist / bigoted / biased (whatever descriptor you see fit), yes I do.  In my entire life living in NY and seeing other parts of the country and the world I have encountered a variety of bigots - comprised of all colors, ages, and sexes.  In this case, her bigoted statements are easy to defend, because her targets are white.  If that makes me naive in your eyes, so be it.

Upon further review, my initial responses may have been premature. I only know this story from this web site postings. First I've heard of this controversy. I also do know how ruthless and insulting us older white privileged individuals can cut and carve people up. I need a little more digging to make an informed opinion. Can't say I will spend the time, but the rebuttals are noted...

17 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

These tweets are disgusting

IMG_1113.JPG

Well she does express some unkindly thoughts there. It would be nice to see what set her off. Are those comments out there, my indignant white brothers? It's kind of like around here. You have to see both sides, the history, retorts, replies, accusations, hateful statements, etc.  

12 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Upon further review, my initial responses may have been premature. I only know this story from this web site postings. First I've heard of this controversy. I also do know how ruthless and insulting us older white privileged individuals can cut and curve people up. I need a little more digging to make an informed opinion. Can't say I will spend the time, but the rebuttals are noted...

In my mind, It’s really just a point of everyone should not be an asshole.  Regardless of race, gender, or age.  I’m more of a “Live and Let Live” person myself, but I certainly can’t dictate anyone else’s behavior. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Well she does express some unkindly thoughts there. It would be nice to see what set her off. Are those comments out there, my indignant white brothers? It's kind of like around here. You have to see both sides, the history, retorts, replies, accusations, hateful statements, etc.  

So it's all justified if it was found out some internet trolls were mean to her? 

So racism is all good to go as long as the person spewing it has a good enough reason 

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So it's all justified if it was found out some internet trolls were mean to her? 

So racism is all good to go as long as the person spewing it has a good enough reason 

No it's never right to say such things. But we all do it here. I'm not proud of some of the things I've said to you and others. But in the heat of the moment hurtful things can fly. There are some places I will never go, regardless of what A-hole I'm dealing with. Others have no filter. What did those brothers say to that young Asian girl ?  I got a pretty good idea, and so do you. It was horrible! 

1 hour ago, dan in daytona said:

Upon further review, my initial responses may have been premature. I only know this story from this web site postings. First I've heard of this controversy. I also do know how ruthless and insulting us older white privileged individuals can cut and carve people up. I need a little more digging to make an informed opinion. Can't say I will spend the time, but the rebuttals are noted...

Her replies were juvenile, immature, and hateful. I expect her antagonizers  were equally immature and hateful. The New York Times is a world class newspaper with a long and distinguished history. It's a privilege and honor to have the NYTimes byline above your name and article. She crossed racial lines she shouldn't have, and lost her cool. I understand the questioning of a double standard and it has merit.  #theJudge

5 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

Her replies were juvenile, immature, and hateful. I expect her antagonizers  were equally immature and hateful. The New York Times is a world class newspaper with a long and distinguished history. It's a privilege and honor to have the NYTimes byline above your name and article. She crossed racial lines she shouldn't have, and lost her cool. I understand the questioning of a double standard and it has merit.  #theJudge

But for a Korean lass she is hot, so it's all good!😅  Said totally in jest and in the spirit of immaturity of course!

America needs to get over itself where racism is concerned. When it does, this thread will have no meaning or purpose.

In Jamaica we routinely called each other: White Boy, Black Boy, Coolie, Brown Boy, China, Syrian, Blacka, Reds, etc., etc. In most instances nothing was meant by it, as it was known we are a visual people who called out to each other based on your features: Thick Roy, Bigga, Fat Man, Slim, Maga Man, Taller, Short Man, etc., etc.

It was only when the tone and context showed harmful intent that such names led to anger. And, then, it was settled one on one ... may the best man win.