Centennial 35 Chandler 13 FINAL

Tesseract

42 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Perhaps Chandler was over rated but that was a good showing by Cen10. Especially the D! And Gary Bryant is an absolute stud WR. Cen10 QB play was shaky. 

What made Chandler so good the last few years was the chemistry between Conover and those WRs... The fact that Romney could always get open and demanded a lot of attention... And it let other guys do their thing.

Romney was a stud... Hes gone... Jarick Caldwell made for a great 2nd WR... And Liebrock & Bryce Jackson were the 3rd and 4th targets.

Well... 3 of those 4 are gone. Liebrock is all thats left. And the player that was suppose to step up at WR beside Liebrock, 3* Demarcus Griffin, transferred out of Chandler this preseason... 

So they are left with far fewer options than theyve had. 

Drake Anderson, a 2000 yard rusher, is gone... DeCarlos Brooks is now the RB, but hes also a CB... Hard to do both.

Chandler simply does not have the elite explosiveness and speed theyve had the last 2 years.

4 hours ago, On2whls said:

Cen10 did not run the ball well at all.  If they are going to keep platooning at QB, Mikaele has to improve.  Retzlaf as WR was a welcome surprise.  He also made a tackle on a kickoff at the 4 yard line.  The kid just wants to ball.

O line will improve but gosh, they are pretty small.

Bryant is a stud!!

I was way off on my prediction for the game, but the result is less a validation of how good Cen10 is, than an indictment of how far Chandler has slipped.

There’s a lot of football to be played prior to the playoffs.  After 4 weeks, we’ll have a much better idea of how that might work out.

If I heard correctly, 2 of the linemen are sophomores 

1 hour ago, JCGIII said:

Bat guano? Hahaha

Favorable article though, looks rosy, one could imagine the communities reaction to losing their athletes.

Regards,

BGW

22 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Bat guano? Hahaha

Favorable article though, looks rosy, one could imagine the communities reaction to losing their athletes.

Regards,

BGW

Drop any of these AAU coaches in a traditional high school, where he'll have to play with who shows up, as opposed to who can be brought in from wherever, and all we'd hear are crickets.....regarding the coaching acumen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This team is young overall especially offensively. I believe they even have a freshman rotating at OL. With the way the defense is playing once the offense catches up it could be trouble for a lot of teams. Because for anyone who watched last night knows this game wasn’t even as close as the score shows. 

• Like 1

My observations from last night. Chandler has a good to above average running game. They also had a lot of passes dropped or went straight through the receiver’s hands. QB was whipping it, but the receivers appeared to hear footsteps.

Chandlers game plan on defense was to stop the run and they were successful. Chandlers size was impressive! Once they clean up their mistakes from the first game, they will go on to defeat whatever team the south throws at them...again. Chandler on offense wanted long sustained drives to eat up the clock and limit the huskies possessions, but they couldn’t finish those drives with scores.

centennial is centennial! There’s a reason their nickname is the “evil empire!” I felt coach Logan left at least 10 points off the board in the first half, but the game was never in doubt. Coach Logan is a man of conviction. So if he deems a two QB situation is conducive to winning, he will stick with it...sometimes to the detriment of the team, ie 2010 state championship game played in half inch hail, tornadoes and locusts, wouldn’t kick a field goal! It is what it is, you take the good with the bad. I did think the game would be closer, but I never doubted the outcome.

• Like 3

#6 seemed to anxious and impatient, it seemed like he had one read and one read only every play and wanted the ball out of his hands as fast as possible. It also seemed like he was scared to pull and run off the option, but when he did run he left alot of yards on the field being timid and scared to run.

#13 looked alot more comfortable in the pocket and took his time scanning the field. Also wasn't scared to lower the shoulder.

• Like 2