Congrats to DLS

FolsomPrisonBlues

Dear DLS Fans,

I will eat crow when warranted, and it was warranted. You played a better game tonight and earned a tough win. I apologize for my amount of trolling in the lead up to this game. It was nothing personal. 

I will say that DLS is still the gold standard of football in Northern California. I have been saying that the gap is closing, yet I think it is rather slowly. I think this was a great step for Folsom and the future of their program. I am proud to be part of Bulldog nation.

I look forward to the banter for the rest of the year. I sincerely hope you go down to SoCal and shock the world for everyone. I am tired of seeing and hearing about the transfer train teams. Take it to em!

Congrats again to Spartan nation. You earned it. Feel free to let the trolling commenced. I have given it, so I shall take it. 

Sincerely,

FPB

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

It's always hard to know what's real after only 1 game -- the first game at that. But based off this one game and also upon Folsom having 15 players returning from a team that went 16-0 last season while averaging over 48 pts per game, winning a D1 CA State title, and having several highly recruited offensive weapons --- I'd say that the hype surrounding the Spartans defensive potential is legit.

IDK if this defense can end up being better than the 2015 team that held JJ Taylor and Centennial to 21 at the end of the season, but they got off to a great start. They gave Folsom absolutely nothing and let them beat themselves with a couple unforced turnovers and penalties. Gotta respect a defense that can basically play vanilla (with little to no stunting) assignment based football and just rally to the ball and tackle. They do it as consistently well as any team I've ever seen.

The Folsom doubters can troll all they want -- but the Bulldogs had a lot of offensive talent on the field tonight and DLS defended them as well as you can. Enough said.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Dear DLS Fans,

I will eat crow when warranted, and it was warranted. You played a better game tonight and earned a tough win. I apologize for my amount of trolling in the lead up to this game. It was nothing personal. 

I will say that DLS is still the gold standard of football in Northern California. I have been saying that the gap is closing, yet I think it is rather slowly. I think this was a great step for Folsom and the future of their program. I am proud to be part of Bulldog nation.

I look forward to the banter for the rest of the year. I sincerely hope you go down to SoCal and shock the world for everyone. I am tired of seeing and hearing about the transfer train teams. Take it to em!

Congrats again to Spartan nation. You earned it. Feel free to let the trolling commenced. I have given it, so I shall take it. 

Sincerely,

FPB

Classy post but....

I don't ever recall this part "I have been saying that the gap is closing", all I heard was ....

You know.

Regards,

BGW

• Haha 1