Dirty or Clean Hit?

BraceFace69

As a HUGE DLS fan, that play was dirty. It was more than 20 yards behind the play.

Classless. But we have addressed it already as a program.

@BraceFace69 did you manage to get banned off NCP again? Word is you've been banned a few times in the last month. Can you confirm? This is one of your names below. By the way- we can see IPs on there. At least be smart enough to hide it! You also had @DLS_Spartan and @G61 on here. Just stop.

Capture.PNG

• Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, BraceFace69 said:

This was brought up on the other boards, but long story short, a crackback block on DLS during a pick 6.

Dirty or Clean Hit?

I remember it well 

The hit was “clean” (ie legal) but unnecessary as it was trailing a pick 6 by 10-20 yards — not that unreasonable until you consider DLS ought to hold themselves a bit to a higher standard especially against local outclassed opponents like CVC

Anderson caught a huge earful from DLS coaches in front of everyone and had his PT cut back and I thought at the time that was overkill.  He was making his first or 2nd varsity start and got slightly over enthusiastic

ive never liked Murphy (CVC coach) since that play because he ran across the field and was yelling at DLS coaches who were already overhandling it

if it was against MD in SBG, it’s a good hustle play — against CVC, it appeared to be bullying and hurting kids that couldn’t defend themselves 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Agreed. Which is exactly why it makes that hit dirty.

It doesn’t make it illegal and he was flagged and benched 

it was a block that shouldn’t have been thrown but it also shouldn’t have been flagged — the fact the guy went down with an injury on side to side contact made it appear worse than it was 

reminds me when Michael Hitchings (CA POY ‘12) was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct on a kick off tackle and looking back at the replay 10x discovered that it was actually a perfect tackle, but Hutchins got flagged because the ball carrier was disintegrated 

1 minute ago, Pops said:

I never said it was illegal. I was implying that it was dirty and unnecessary. Something that DLS probably doesn't preach.

A kid would be out of our program on the spot for that. That's just how we do things. People aren't paying to play with us. 

3 hours ago, Pops said:

I remember it well 

The hit was “clean” (ie legal) but unnecessary as it was trailing a pick 6 by 10-20 yards — not that unreasonable until you consider DLS ought to hold themselves a bit to a higher standard especially against local outclassed opponents like CVC

Anderson caught a huge earful from DLS coaches in front of everyone and had his PT cut back and I thought at the time that was overkill.  He was making his first or 2nd varsity start and got slightly over enthusiastic

ive never liked Murphy (CVC coach) since that play because he ran across the field and was yelling at DLS coaches who were already overhandling it

if it was against MD in SBG, it’s a good hustle play — against CVC, it appeared to be bullying and hurting kids that couldn’t defend themselves 

Eff that noise...Defensive player need to lay the wood...i love it when the D gets 2 or more personal fouls in the 1st quarter. rough the passer, late hit the WR and jump on top of the rb in the 1st quarter. Watch how they melt in the 4th. i would have given the kid a high five...watch MD vs BG...BG wideout were dropping all sorts of balls after the 1st.

3 hours ago, Pops said:

it was a block that shouldn’t have been thrown but it also shouldn’t have been flagged — the fact the guy went down with an injury on side to side contact made it appear worse than it was 

reminds me when Michael Hitchings (CA POY ‘12) was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct on a kick off tackle and looking back at the replay 10x discovered that it was actually a perfect tackle, but Hutchins got flagged because the ball carrier was disintegrated 

The fact that it was way behind the ball and not part of the play does make it illegal...unnecessary roughness. There have been far, far worse examples of these types of hits, particularly on returns (as this one was) and other long-gaining plays. But the hit in question here is definitely a case of unnecessary roughness, albeit not as violent as we have seen plenty of other times, and should draw a penalty. Players need to realize when they are at a spot on the filed that has absolutely nothing to do with a play, and conduct themselves accordingly. Again, this looked like little more than a nudge with the shoulder, but there was absolutely no reason for it. Just because players are on the field does not mean they can fly around and hit whoever they want, wherever and whenever they want. There are times when heads do not need to be on a swivel.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

The fact that it was way behind the ball and not part of the play does make it illegal...unnecessary roughness. There have been far, far worse examples of these types of hits, particularly on returns (as this one was) and other long-gaining plays. But the hit in question here is definitely a case of unnecessary roughness, albeit not as violent as we have seen plenty of other times, and should draw a penalty. Players need to realize when they are at a spot on the filed that has absolutely nothing to do with a play, and conduct themselves accordingly. Again, this looked like little more than a nudge with the shoulder, but there was absolutely no reason for it. Just because players are on the field does not mean they can fly around and hit whoever they want, wherever and whenever they want. There are times when heads do not need to be on a swivel.

I understand what you’re saying but even then, I think it’s very borderline whether it’s behind the play — did he know the runner was in the clear or needing to cut back?  This was a good kid that could have started as a soph but missed whole year with injury, this was start if his junior year and he basically was half benched for a few games after this — I think his lack of field awareness (ie runner being in clear vs maybe cutting back and bringing trailers into play) was a borderline unnecessary roughness Call that was overenfirced by DLS 

6 hours ago, Pops said:

I understand what you’re saying but even then, I think it’s very borderline whether it’s behind the play — did he know the runner was in the clear or needing to cut back?  This was a good kid that could have started as a soph but missed whole year with injury, this was start if his junior year and he basically was half benched for a few games after this — I think his lack of field awareness (ie runner being in clear vs maybe cutting back and bringing trailers into play) was a borderline unnecessary roughness Call that was overenfirced by DLS 

I wouldn't have disciplined the kid any more than perhaps taking him out for a play in that situation. It was not malicious at all. But it was still unnecessary. Sitting out 1 play would remind him and others of that. For someone (who is not a fan of DLS, but a fan of another NorCal school) to say such a play would have resulted in expulsion from their team is ridiculous.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fred said:

The contact didn't look bad.  I'm surprise the kid was down with an injury.  Where it was on the field was unnecessary.  I'm surprised the coach that came over and was screaming didn't get an unsportsmanlike.  That was uncalled for.

Pretty much as uncalled for as @FolsomPrisonBlues's comments to @BraceFace69.

Football is football. Contact is expected. But you dont blind side someone 20 yards away from a play. 

Football is like fighting. You fight straight up. You dont sucker punch someone while they aren't looking and run away. Period. 

• Thumbs Down 2

6 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Especially with Folsom's O-Line!.... I herd they are the best 7 v 7 team in the state!.... 7 Sacks!!!...You cant make this up!....🤣

Even worse. 

Only gaining 100 yards rushing with the veer against a tiny little suburban public school. And only 100 yards through the air! The ENTIRE game! And to think some of those yards were actually gained AFTER an erroneous call at the goal line! Lol! You make make this up!

You literally cant make this stuff up!!!!!

#200yardstotaloffense 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Thumbs Down 1