Serena Williams disgraces herself and then cries sexism

Bormio

3 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

You guys have been digging the hole for the MSM for years and it is still going strong and that is because there is nothing wrong except your point of view.  Why is it still around? Because they bring the truth to the people. I have heard so many times the resident say this org. or that one is failing but yet we see none of the floundering. 

How stupid can you get? 

Have the coal jobs come back?

How about all those companies coming back to the U.S. with their business?

Repatriation of millions of dollars in those companies?

What about the infrastructure in the country that he promised?

Lying all the way to the WH.

NYT - still there

CNN - busy, busy, busy.

Every single company or organization he has buried, is still above water.

" Good people on both sides",  Racist vs. Anti-hate?

Spin?  "good people on both sides" ?

Following like sheep.

If your argument is that MSM is entirely truthful and not influenced, you are sadly mistaken and have earned the ridicule.

If your only evidence or 'proof' is that of existence, then you have also shown you don't comprehend what proof is either.

"Following like sheep" here is appropriate for you tho, willful ignorance of true wrongdoing (to appease your prejudices) is par for the course with you. And your belief that we all need to now discuss 'Sexism'  and accept that Serena's own meltdown was not her own fault as the 'real' truth is too stupid to even laugh at...…

Get help for that if you can...

• Thanks 1

Williams acted like this has never happened before.  John McEnroe got DQ’d from the Australian Open for umpire abuse (not a game penalty, but a match penalty). And last I checked he was a man.  After the point penalty for smashing her racquet, she knew another violation would mean a game.  But she lacked self-control and called the ump a thief.  She asked for it - dared the umpire to do it.  She could not handle losing another final (is that now her last 3 Grand Slam finals?) and acted like just another 4 year-old.  As Martina said, she deserved what she got.  And she apparently does not have the stamina to win 7 matches in 2 weeks anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bormio said:

Williams acted like this has never happened before.  John McEnroe got DQ’d from the Australian Open for umpire abuse (not a game penalty, but a match penalty). And last I checked he was a man.  After the point penalty for smashing her racquet, she knew another violation would mean a game.  But she lacked self-control and called the ump a thief.  She asked for it - dared the umpire to do it.  She could not handle losing another final (is that now her last 3 Grand Slam finals?) and acted like just another 4 year-old.  As Martina said, she deserved what she got.  And she apparently does not have the stamina to win 7 matches in 2 weeks anymore.

“Fun Fact”

In 1981 after Winning Wimbledon, John McEnroe was the only Wimbledon Champion ever TO NOT BE OFFERED membership to the ultra-exclusive “All-England Tennis and Croquet Club”. Why? Because his behavior was to offensive during his matches that the Club was like....meh. We do t want you. 

McEnroe...white male. If the Club passed on Serena after her titles, heads would fucking explode. 

Is THAT what she’s “fighting” for? She should be ashamed of herself. GTFOH with that ****.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

“Fun Fact”

In 1981 after Winning Wimbledon, John McEnroe was the only Wimbledon Champion ever TO NOT BE OFFERED membership to the ultra-exclusive “All-England Tennis and Croquet Club”. Why? Because his behavior was to offensive during his matches that the Club was like....meh. We do t want you. 

McEnroe...white male. If the Club passed on Serena after her titles, heads would fucking explode. 

Is THAT what she’s “fighting” for? She should be ashamed of herself. GTFOH with that ****.

Don't care about this topic.  

You should have lmk you were up in the PNW.  Would have took you to a bday lunch.  Safeco field is pretty nice isn't it?  Not a bad seat anywhere.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Troll said:

If your argument is that MSM is entirely truthful and not influenced, you are sadly mistaken and have earned the ridicule.

If your only evidence or 'proof' is that of existence, then you have also shown you don't comprehend what proof is either.

"Following like sheep" here is appropriate for you tho, willful ignorance of true wrongdoing (to appease your prejudices) is par for the course with you. And your belief that we all need to now discuss 'Sexism'  and accept that Serena's own meltdown was not her own fault as the 'real' truth is too stupid to even laugh at...…

Get help for that if you can...

I understand the bias and that they are left leaning but I have not seen an instance where they make a mistake and not correct it quickly.  If you have seen this maybe you can provide a link to it.  

I've asked those on here for some evidence of any fake news and untrue reporting from the media and nobody has shown me any.  Maybe you will be the first.  

17 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

You guys have been digging the hole for the MSM for years and it is still going strong and that is because there is nothing wrong except your point of view.  Why is it still around? Because they bring the truth to the people. I have heard so many times the resident say this org. or that one is failing but yet we see none of the floundering. 

How stupid can you get? 

Have the coal jobs come back?

How about all those companies coming back to the U.S. with their business?

Repatriation of millions of dollars in those companies?

What about the infrastructure in the country that he promised?

Lying all the way to the WH.

NYT - still there

CNN - busy, busy, busy.

Every single company or organization he has buried, is still above water.

" Good people on both sides",  Racist vs. Anti-hate?

Spin?  "good people on both sides" ?

Following like sheep.

F574633E-E330-4C84-AFAE-FCB5C61B4399.jpeg

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Don't care about this topic.  

You should have lmk you were up in the PNW.  Would have took you to a bday lunch.  Safeco field is pretty nice isn't it?  Not a bad seat anywhere.  

Good morning, my man! Sorry. I got a burr regarding this topic. But I understand your stance as well. I honestly try not to post over here too much anymore. 

But Yes...SafeCo is an absolutely phenomenal facility. And it’s on the same site as CentryLink Field. And the booming area around it really cool. Can’t believe I’m saying this , but I like the whole setup a little better than Att Park. Love the people there, and with the Yankees in town mage for a pretty special time. Very memorable. Well next time for sure! 

Bishop Gorman this week! C’mon down!😎

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2018 at 6:51 PM, Sportsnut said:

After watching the replay

I do side with her.

She did not receive any coaching and if she did it was no more than any other action by a coach and his charge.

The tennis world is also behind her on this.

The coaching issue is now taking a back seat to the double standard now active in tennis where a man can do far worse and not get penalized.

If you think otherwise,

you are as bad as the umpire who overreacted.

She has never had to cheat and more than likely did not in this instance. 

Another day that gave the haters ammo because of stupidity on the part of the umpire.

Don't take my word for it.

The people of tennis know better than you do.

The coach ADMITTED "coaching from the stands." For someone who tells EVERYBODY "go read,"  reading for you must not be fun-duh-mental. "Coaching from the stands" is a BIG no-no in tennis. They were caught and punished accordingly. But to swear on your child's life?????? I guess "coach" didn't tell her that he'd already confessed. LOL

Why did you even jump in this thread. Kinda' like someone sitting in a Calculus class who only took General Math in high school.

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

No more than any other time or player.

He was caught, not her.

He committed the infraction, not her.

understand?

Under the rules she is responsible for her coach.  She answers for whatever he does.  She should have shut up and played tennis.  She quite likely was trying to rattle her opponent with her antics - as McEnroe and Connors were famous for.

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Under the rules she is responsible for her coach.  She answers for whatever he does.  She should have shut up and played tennis.  She quite likely was trying to rattle her opponent with her antics - as McEnroe and Connors were famous for.

Yep.

John McEnroe used that tactic all the time, to psych out his opponents when he was losing.

2 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

No more than any other time or player.

He was caught, not her.

He committed the infraction, not her.

understand?

What I do understand IS that there ARE rules in place for these professional tennis players. I've been watching professional tennis since the 70's. I've seen a heap of bad behavior. From your first sentence in this thread, you've exposed yourself. You care NOTHING about rules regarding a player and their coach. When she looked up into the stands at her coach, ALL bets were off.

The ONLY thing that you've gleaned from this thread is that an African American was penalized in a sporting event and there MUST be a racist agenda. The ONLY reason why you are still grasping at straws is to excuse BAD BEHAVIOR. Which happens to be politically correct these days. Bad behavior is constantly being defended. 

I did feel sorry for the young lady who WON. She really didn't know what to say. She couldn't enjoy the moment thanks to an on-court temper tantrum from a player who made this tournament about HER.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I understand the bias and that they are left leaning but I have not seen an instance where they make a mistake and not correct it quickly.  If you have seen this maybe you can provide a link to it.  

I've asked those on here for some evidence of any fake news and untrue reporting from the media and nobody has shown me any.  Maybe you will be the first.  

Sorry but you were already given enough evidence....

At this point you would need to provide evidence of 'causation by Sexism' in this case to prove that the news is not false...

I'll anxiously await your proof that this 'news' is truthful...

10 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

Point by point.

I never said that nor did I express that was my point.

My point is that one organization attached to the resident, Fox, is in the minority. 

Existence? What they hell are you referring to with that?

Sheep follow blindly, no matter what.

Chump has lied to you and will do it again and you know it and you still follow him without reservations. 

I never said we all should do anything.

I never said it was not her fault.

You are just typing to be typing. 

You have made a fool of yourself when I have not made one comment remotely connected to anything your dumb ass posted. 

Go away and try again when you have a game.

Oh....now I get it...

This must be the ole'....If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit, response.....

Were you coherent when you wrote this? Sure hope your mind is not exploding...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Troll said:

Oh....now I get it...

This must be the ole'....If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit, response.....

Were you coherent when you wrote this? Sure hope your mind is not exploding...

giphy.gif

I definitely believe that "you are what you eat." The "sheep" are eating everything that they are fed. Wide-eyed and waiting on more.

25 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

So should Mac and Jim should have just shut up and played also or was it just tennis players being passionate about their chosen profession?

Acting like a child is not to be confused with being passionate.  McEnroe often acted like a total ass - and it has remained a big part of his legacy to this day.

4 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Not the topic of the day.

That would be that it is widely recognized that there is a double standard.

Since I started the thread, the topic of the day is pretty much whatever I say.

Go ahead, keep using racism and sexism to justify boorish behavior.  She acted the fool, got penalized and totally deserved it.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 6:56 AM, Mjd33 said:

Yes, ONE of the greatest in women’s tennis. Absolutely. Greatest athlete of all time? Laughable. 

Plus, women before her had much tougher competition. Who’s Serena’s rival over the years? Sharapova .... overrated looks wise and on the court. Venus? What when they were throwing matches against each other years back predetermining outcome? She’s had no rivals the best before her had.... that’s not her fault but it’s true. 

Absolutely spot on. It's all about context. And while what Serena has accomplished is tremendous, it's not necessarily greater than say what Martina Navratilova accomplished. She only has 18 GS singles titles, but also had to compete with some of the greatest of all time in Chris Evert (18), Steffi Graf (22) and Monica Seles (9). W/O those three in the mix (yes, I know there were a few others too), Martina may have won quite a few more. And people forget when you add in women's & mixed doubles into equation, Martina's career is unparalleled.

I've also made this same argument against Roger Federer. Forget for a moment that Nadal has the same amount of GS titles (17) by the same age, Roger won quite a few of his titles during a period when Sampras & Agassi were past their prime and before Nadal & Djokovic really arrived on the scene. He had little to no competition. Lleyton Hewitt and Andy Roddick aren't exactly all time greats. Once Rafa and Novak hit their stride, Roger wasn't winning so much anymore. Even when 5 years between GS titles. Meanwhile, Rafa and Novak have always had to compete for titles against each other and Roger Federer, Andy Murray, etc. They've had the more difficult road.

• Like 1

I don't know how I missed this thread, but I'm glad I found it. I'm an avid tennis fan and used to be a big Serena fan. But her boorish, diva-ish, and entitled behavior has worn on me  in recent years. And her gender or color has zero to do with that! ;)

IMO, she's a very poor loser and typically finds a passive aggressive method to direct the attention and blame elsewhere.  To me, that's what happened on Saturday. She knew she was getting her ass kicked by Naomi Osaka -- who was beating her at her own power game -- she didn't like it and was completely on tilt. The chair umpire's warning was just what she needed to get the fans focused on something besides the fact that she wasn't gonna be the center of attention by winning #24. So she made herself center of attention in another way.

This isn't the first time either. She has a history of this type of behavior. She berated and threatened a female line judge in 2009 for calling a foot fault at a stage in the match when it was becoming clear she was going to lose to Kim Clijsters. Since the line judge was a minority woman, she couldn't play the gender card.

Another incident occurred in the 2011 US Open Final against Eva Asderaki, who was also in the midst of a convincing victory over Serena for her 1st GS title. She clearly screams "C'Mon" before Asderaki make her attempt at the ball yet accuses the chair umpire -- who also is a woman -- of being out to get her. Williams mistakenly thought she was the same umpire from the 2009 Clijsters match, which of course she was not.

In short, when the going gets too tough -- Serena likes to blame and bully others for her own shortcomings. She immediately finds some way to attack the individual to try to get the NY crowd on her side.

What bothers me most about those defending Serena and her latest childish antics is that they either don't know or are flat out refusing to acknowledge the obvious pattern of behavior.

Regarding Saturday's incident, my biggest issue with Serena -- aside from her inability to handle adversity like a seasoned pro and like a champion that's been there before in winning 23 GS titles -- was quickly playing gender inequality card when it didn't apply. That's nearly as bad as gender inequality itself.

When she had issues at the US Open in the past, the line person and chair umpire were women. Gender obviously didn't apply there. In this case, the opponent on the other side of the net was a female -- not a male. Even a woman of color too. And Naomi Osaka didn't receive any penalties despite being also being a woman. While the chair umpire was a man, he's also been accused of being a tight ass towards Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic. So he's clearly equally tight towards all players.

Serena was penalized because the 3 infractions actually happened. Patrick Mouratoglou did try to coach her. Serena did voluntarily break a racquet. And she did verbally abuse the chair umpire -- on multiple occasions. There's no debating any of that.

Lastly, I've grown far past tired of her playing the 'Mom card' when it has zero relevance to what's going on (yet another obvious pattern of behavior). Also, comparing the officiating in the match she was currently playing to past matches involving men (or women) is simply grasping at straws. Anyone that follows sports knows that balls/strikes are called differently in every baseball game, fouls are whistled differently in every basketball game, flags are thrown differently in every football game and violations in tennis are judged differently in every single match. Those facts have nothing to do with sexism or racism. It's merely the human element.

When you get pulled over for speeding, it doesn't matter that other speeders got away with it. It's still an infraction. When an NBA player gets called for push off foul, it doesn't matter that Michael Jordan got away with the same thing in a game 20 years ago. What's happening in the moment and how the game is being officiated in the here and now is all that matters. And Serena wasn't treated differently than her opponent -- who didn't break a racquet or throw a tantrum. If Osaka's coach got away with coaching her, that's not favoritism --- unless someone can prove the chair umpire saw it and didn't do anything about it.

To summarize, the real issue is with Serena Williams and the way she deals with adversity. And this passive aggressive approach she has to try to appear as the good guy doesn't mask the truth. She tried to appear as the savior by congratulating Naomi Osaka and asking the boo'ers to get off here back when in reality she was the cause of it all.  How the Serena lovers out there can't see it is beyond me.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

So should Mac and Jim should have just shut up and played also or was it just tennis players being passionate about their chosen profession?

If it's going to cost them points or games, they need to shut up if they don't want to deal with the ramifications of the penalty of not doing so. I think you'll discover that McEnroe and Connors were often penalized for their childish behavior too.

But as I stated in my other reply, you can't make apples to apples comparisons of how the rules are applied from match to match. The rules are interpreted and applied differently in all sports by various officials. It's up to a player to adapt to the relevant happenings of the here and now. I'll bet you anything that if Naomi Osaka's coach was doing the same thing as Patrick Mouratoglou, he stopped doing it the rest of the match. He adapted.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2018 at 9:30 AM, Mjd33 said:

I’m around tons of people who use all sorts of PEDs .... I know when to call bullshit when they claim they are clean. 

Serena doesn’t pass the eye test at what 36!?!? 

Funny you mention this, because I've been highly skeptical of all these men and women playing at elite levels well into their 30's in a sport where historically a player is over the hill by 30. More so than most professional sports, tennis has always been a young person's sport.

I get that nutrition, body science, weight conditioning, etc. has grown leaps and bounds in the past 2 decades ... but still. I can see it extending careers by a few years, but to still be playing better than anyone else in the sport over the age of 35?

I just feel these players consistently remain 1 step ahead in knowing how to avoid detection. I hope I'm wrong and that they're all legit and clean ..... but I'm skeptical.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

I don't know how I missed this thread, but I'm glad I found it. I'm an avid tennis fan …..

I

WELL HOT DAMN....It's a ThunderRam…

Laying it down with some serious thunder to boot....

giphy.gif

SPOT ON and nicely done!!!!

I'm not the biggest tennis fan but you nailed everything from aFederer to zPED...

Dropping tennis knowledge that makes some of these other posts look like...

well.. 

giphy.gif

😄