Mens Varsity 4x200 Relay

Finals
1. Louisiana -   1:25.91a
2. Illinois -   1:26.48a
3. Missouri -   1:26.53a
4. Utah -   1:28.19a
5. Missouri -   1:30.04a
6. Illinois -   1:30.34a

Yes, it was the last hand off ...the announcer didn’t say that when it happened 

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

2EADDC3C-43E6-46A7-8C2F-E9571C477937.png

4D21FF4D-078E-419E-9447-BA7F830EE018.png

Don't understand why the top Texas kids didn't go this year.   I Guess many were tired.  Barnes should have been there for Schwartz.  Only the Bishop Dunne kid who would get smoked in the UIL ran as the fastest Texas kid.  And they didn't run in the 4x100 or 4x400 and the Girls sent youngsters. The girl that finished 2nd in the 200 to the Florida girl finished 7th in the 5A Championships.  The fastest Girls didn't run either.  

9 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Schwartz 10.09 (+0.9),   Taylor Banks lane 2 (Miramar)  10.26   

Sean Burrell from LA (16 and finishing soph season) won the 400 in 46.13 and ripped a nice  (-0.7) 20.83  200 for 2nd (Schwartz 20.49)

No drive phase for Schwartz and still runs 10.09.  

On 6/3/2018 at 3:45 AM, DevilDog said:

Don't understand why the top Texas kids didn't go this year.   I Guess many were tired.  Barnes should have been there for Schwartz.  Only the Bishop Dunne kid who would get smoked in the UIL ran as the fastest Texas kid.  And they didn't run in the 4x100 or 4x400 and the Girls sent youngsters. The girl that finished 2nd in the 200 to the Florida girl finished 7th in the 5A Championships.  The fastest Girls didn't run either.  

I'd guess that also... nice to see CO and MO rip some nice times.   Was a nice showing for the elites from what I saw.  Too bad the burner from CO didn't race the 200 vs. Briana Williams... was bummed to see a DNS for the CO sprinter.  

Cooper ran an AAU qualifier in Miramar and won his 100/200/400 with pedestrian times this past weekend.  

I watched the Diamond League 100 in Rome last night on DVR and once again Coleman had a good start but American Ronnie Baker took him down again (beat him in OR) for a pr 9.93  (-0.4). Coleman injured himself for sure at the end of the race and let it go early and lost 2nd place.  A fast Italian kid, just 19 years old last name Tortu ripped a 10.04  (10.03 I think is his pr) for 3rd.  He turns 20 in 11 days and I'm assuming this is the best U20 time this season.  

2 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I'd guess that also... nice to see CO and MO rip some nice times.   Was a nice showing for the elites from what I saw.  Too bad the burner from CO didn't race the 200 vs. Briana Williams... was bummed to see a DNS for the CO sprinter.  

Cooper ran an AAU qualifier in Miramar and won his 100/200/400 with pedestrian times this past weekend.  

I watched the Diamond League 100 in Rome last night on DVR and once again Coleman had a good start but American Ronnie Baker took him down again (beat him in OR) for a pr 9.93   Coleman injured himself for sure at the end of the race and let it go early and lost 2nd place a fast Italian kid, just 19 years old last name Tortu ripped a 10.04  (10.03 I think is his pr).  He turns 20 in 11 days and I'm assuming this is the best U20 time this season.  

Yeah, Coleman definitely did something at the end of that 100.  I can't wait to watch the NCAA's this week.  Some records are going to fall on both the men and women sides.  Kentucky is going to upset LSU in the 4 x 100 women.  Calling it now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Yeah, Coleman definitely did something at the end of that 100.  I can't wait to watch the NCAA's this week.  Some records are going to fall on both the men and women sides.  Kentucky is going to upset LSU in the 4 x 100 women.  Calling it now.

Oh yea, got the DVR set already...  Sydney and Kentucky will be fast for sure.  LSU, Oregon, USC... murderers row.   4x400 will be sick also.   Michael Norman and USC,  Florida's wicked talent Grant Hollaway... the relays for the men in the 4x100 and 4x400 should be low also.  Kendall Ellis from STA, her last rodeo with USC and collegiate career.  

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

Oh yea, got the DVR set already...  Sydney and Kentucky will be fast for sure.  LSU, Oregon, USC... murderers row.   4x400 will be sick also.   Michael Norman and USC,  Florida's wicked talent Grant Hollaway... the relays for the men in the 4x100 and 4x400 should be low also.  Kendall Ellis from STA, her last rodeo with USC and collegiate career.  

I'm going to try and find a stream through my firestick.  I expect two teams to go under 3 mins in the 4x400.  Anyone can win the 4x100  on the mens side.

11 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

All the hoopla about Texas all track season and their big guns were M.I.A. I think all of the big guns that are seniors will probably shut it down to get ready for football in college.

Good point.  It's a long outdoor season and I'm sure most were anxious to call it a season and start doing football reps for hs season or ready to move in to college and focus on football.  

14 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I'm going to try and find a stream through my firestick.  I expect two teams to go under 3 mins in the 4x400.  Anyone can win the 4x100  on the mens side.

Since I updated Kodi/Covenant option, movies have been coming in nicely again like in the past.   We used to use Exodus, but something happened.    I'd like to be able view Eurosport at some point, but it's not a biggie.  If anyone knows how, I'm all ears.  I got frustrated looking at live sports options (either I missed the boat or there's really nothing there of interest... or that we can already see via our current provider).  

With the apps for Fox and ESPN, the firestick helps me at times with Soccer to get an English broadcast option.  They also show different camera angles with various sports vs. the regular tv provider channel... some coof stuff at times and I'm assuming they will have some nice options to view the World Cup.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nptb17 said:

All the hoopla about Texas all track season and their big guns were M.I.A. I think all of the big guns that are seniors will probably shut it down to get ready for football in college.

Yea pretty disappointing.  But CO and MO did well and in the Meet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I watched the Diamond League 100 in Rome last night on DVR and once again Coleman had a good start but American Ronnie Baker took him down again (beat him in OR) for a pr 9.93  (-0.4). Coleman injured himself for sure at the end of the race and let it go early and lost 2nd place.  A fast Italian kid, just 19 years old last name Tortu ripped a 10.04  (10.03 I think is his pr) for 3rd.  He turns 20 in 11 days and I'm assuming this is the best U20 time this season.  

Who were the kids that ran on the USA 4x100 that ran the 40.00 flat.  The year the 4 Texas Kids ran the 39.3  they were called the USA squad as well.  Any idea what 4 made up the list and La. ran a 40.03.  That is probably the fastest time ever ran by 4 La. Kids.

19 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Who were the kids that ran on the USA 4x100 that ran the 40.00 flat.  The year the 4 Texas Kids ran the 39.3  they were called the USA squad as well.  Any idea what 4 made up the list and La. ran a 40.03.  That is probably the fastest time ever ran by 4 La. Kids.

Not sure who ran the USA relay.  

LA squad 40.03 was Sean Burrell  (20.83 -0.7 200) , Kam Jackson (won the non elite 100 in 10.61 -0.6), Kynon Hayes (10.79 +1.2) and Zachaeus Sumlin (11.14 +0.9)  those times were at the GSW event

CO's 40.04 and their 100 times at the GSW

Lucas Andrada (10.71 -0.6), Devin Cadena (10.76 +1.5), Zion Gordon (10.82 +1.5) and Tyrese Vanhorne  (10.90 +0.6).   

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=7898085#!/L0

Kenneth Bednarek from Wisconsin ripped a 20.43 last weekend!   That's the best wind legal 200 in HS this year.   He also ran a 10.42 100 and 46.74 400 over the weekend at his state final.   

Going to a Juco initially  http://www.leadertelegram.com/Sports/2018/04/11/div-class-libPageBodyLinebreak-Bednarek-signs-LOI-div.html

• Like 2

10 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

http://ca.milesplit.com/articles/242183/kazmier-allen-stuns-asani-hampton-in-100-meter-final

UCLA bound rb and sprinter Kazmier Allen takes down CA’s top sprinter Hampton.  

VARSITY BOYS 4X400 METER RELAY FINALS 
PLACE TEAM RESULT H#
1 Murrieta Mesa (SS) 3:10.86   That's moving right there. 
2 Clayton Valley Charter High (NC) 3:12.31   

3 Wilson Long Beach (SS) 3:12.88
4 Rancho Verde High (SS)  3:14.37
5 Aliso Niguel High School (SS) 3:14.75 
6 Eleanor Roosevelt (SS) 3:14.95
Valencia (SS) 3:16.39 
8 Junipero Serra (CC) 3:19.39

• Like 1

19 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=7898085#!/L0

Kenneth Bednarek from Wisconsin ripped a 20.43 last weekend!   That's the best wind legal 200 in HS this year.   He also ran a 10.42 100 and 46.74 400 over the weekend at his state final.   

Going to a Juco initially  http://www.leadertelegram.com/Sports/2018/04/11/div-class-libPageBodyLinebreak-Bednarek-signs-LOI-div.html

His has that Michael Norman range.  

24 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

NCAA's start tonight :) and Norman should be lighting it up as he's clearly peaking right now.   Fred Kerley won in Rome with a 44.33  

Norman pr'd in May with 44.40  and recently anchored 43.06 split as well.   

Kerley is a homie from the Lone Star State