OT: HS track

golfaddict1

The summer will be hot when the 17-18s get together from Southerrn Dallas County... DeSoto, Lancaster, Bishop Dunne, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, and Mansfield for the JO’s.

And of course Track Houston will be ready as well.

With the USTF JO’s in North Carolina we should see both Florida and Texas.  The question is will we see a 38.XX.xx s time? 

16 year olds from last summer...

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/meet/291778/results/m/5/4x100m

Under 16 Boys 4*100 from last years Junior Olympics.  3 Dallas Bishop Dunne Kids, first leg from Lancaster High School (WEBO)

4x100 m Relay 40.56 Eagles Elite:
D. Washington
J. Drayden
J. Khepera
M, Beason
Lawrence, KS 2017-Jul-29
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, G0LD$tandard said:

The summer will be hot when the 17-18s get together from Southerrn Dallas County... DeSoto, Lancaster, Bishop Dunne, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, and Mansfield for the JO’s.

And of course Track Houston will be ready as well.

With the USTF JO’s in North Carolina we should see both Florida and Texas.  The question is will we see a 38.XX.xx s time? 

16 year olds from last summer...

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/meet/291778/results/m/5/4x100m

Under 16 Boys 4*100 from last years Junior Olympics.  3 Dallas Bishop Dunne Kids, first leg from Lancaster High School (WEBO)

4x100 m Relay 40.56 Eagles Elite:
D. Washington
J. Drayden
J. Khepera
M, Beason
Lawrence, KS 2017-Jul-29

They set the national Record for THE 4X100 in that age Group.

4 kids from Texas 15-16 years old ran a 40.56 in KS.   Again the fastest State hands down.  That was the A.W. Brown TC and a group of kids from Houston was 2nd followed by some NC kids in 3rd.  

1. A.W. Brown Track video16h.png 40.56a
   DeKedrick Washington, Jalen Drayden, Jabari Khepera, Marquez Beason
2. Track Houston Youth Track video16h.png 40.86a
   Chidera Agim, Ja'Den Johnson, Ian Gilmore, Genson Hooper Price
3. Charlotte Flights video16h.png 41.32a
   Marlin Davis, Alexander Chapman, Isaiah Gadson, Khafre Brown

Some non Texas heroics from the weekend... :)

Grant Holloway  VA/UF 13.15 #2 110m hurdles collegiate history  (current world lead)

Sydney McLaughlin  NJ/Kentucky 52.75 400m hurdles, lowers U20 world record, US collegiate record  (current world lead)

Kendall Ellis FL(STA)/USC  49.99 #2 400 collegiate history (current world lead)

Tori Franklin  (IL)  US triple jump record  14.84m (current world lead)

9 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Some non Texas heroics from the weekend... :)

Grant Holloway  VA/UF 13.15 #2 110m hurdles collegiate history  (current world lead)

Sydney McLaughlin  NJ/Kentucky 52.75 400m hurdles, lowers U20 world record, US collegiate record  (current world lead)

Kendall Ellis FL(STA)/USC  49.99 #2 400 collegiate history (current world lead)

Tori Franklin  (IL)  US triple jump record  14.84m (current world lead)

Kid is special.   He also owns the NCAA world indoor 60m hurdles record @7.42    He won the SEC in the long jump also at 8.32m (2.9).     He's also a freak in the 4x4 relay and also runs the 4x1 at FL.   He's just a soph.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 954gator said:

Kid is special.   He also owns the NCAA world indoor 60m hurdles record @7.42    He won the SEC in the long jump also at 8.32m (2.9).     He's also a freak in the 4x4 relay and also runs the 4x1 at FL.   He's just a soph.  

He'll probably turn pro after the NCAA Championships.  He's in world record range in the 110.  Or he might just stay another year because he's got great coaches down at UF and a bunch of athletes to push him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Where can you find the info on relay splits?

I tend to recall article mentions or tweets of memorable times and just check back to recall accurately.   I remember him having an epic 2017 finish.  

Do you remember this guy?  He was set to play varsity his senior year for STA (basketball to football convert) after learning the OL spot for a few years and waiting.  He ended up transferring to Cali but didn’t qualify academically and went juco.   He has 3 years of eligibility left.  I was bummed as i wanted to see a 6’9” OT up close... just committted to OU a few days ago.  

https://247sports.com/Player/David-Swaby-86051

STA has Jake Pope at 6’7” and two jv’s  moving to varsity Gilliland 6’7” and Alperi 6’10” :).  I hope the weather holds up for tomorrow.   

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I tend to recall article mentions or tweets of memorable times and just check back to recall accurately.   I remember him having an epic 2017 finish.  

Do you remember this guy?  He was set to play varsity his senior year for STA (basketball to football convert) after learning the OL spot for a few years and waiting.  He ended up transferring to Cali but didn’t qualify academically and went juco.   He has 3 years of eligibility left.  I was bummed as i wanted to see a 6’9” OT up close... just committted to OU a few days ago.  

STA has Jake Pope at 6’7” and two jv’s  moving to varsity Gilliland 6’7” and Alperi 6’10” :).  I hope the weather holds up for tomorrow.   

Yeah I remember him.  David Swaby.   Does Jake Pope have a brother John Pope or did they list his name twice on 247?

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Pope actually verbaled today.  He’s joining the Gibbons QB Scalzo to Kentucky (if verbals hold), who just verbaled recently.   

https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/Article/Jake-Pope-commits-to-Kentucky-football-118287705

Same guy Gator.  It’s a mistake.  

• Like 1

AHP's best for the year 40.14

Anthony Schwartz (WR Auburn commit, dual sports) 10.13 (+2.0), 10.16 (+1.7),  Tyson Campbell  (DB Georgia commit)10.42 (+1.7), Pat Surtain (DB  Bama commit) 10.98 (+0.9) and Jaden McBurrows (DB FBS recruit, will be a soph, Baylor offer recently)  no 100 times listed,  22.60 200 (nwi).  

Sub 40's from TX wickedly fast 6A final

39.80  Katy Seven Lakes 

Thomas Pratt (not listed on '17 roster, hudl film 2016 though, small kid  10.95 nwi ), Lance Broome (WR, jr don't see 247 profile or offers -  track verbal future 10.86 (+2.0)   ),   Chris Williams (RB, Houston track commit 10.67 (+2.0) ) ,  Jahquan Bloomfield  10.87 nwi (WR Louisiana Monroe commit)

39.98  Conroe The Woodlands  

DeAngelo Alexander  (DB Blinn College commit  10.98 nwi),  Jake Lanier (WR/TE  Texas Tech track commit) 6'7" 225 lb lists 4.29 on recruiting profile  11.00 nwi, 21.02 (-0.6))  Ethan  Bonner  (DB Stanford commit 11.35 nwi, 21.98 (0.6))   KeSean Carter  (WR Texas Tech commit, dual sports  10.22 (0.4)) add him to my 4.4 HS club from other thread.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Anthony Schwartz (WR Auburn commit, dual sports) 10.13 (+2.0), 10.16 (+1.7),  Tyson Campbell  (DB Georgia commit)10.42 (+1.7), Pat Surtain (DB  Bama commit) 10.98 (+0.9) and Jaden McBurrows (DB FBS recruit, will be a soph, Baylor offer recently)  no 100 times listed,  22.60 200 (nwi).  

Sub 40's from TX wickedly fast 6A final

39.80  Katy Seven Lakes 

Thomas Pratt (not listed on '17 roster, hudl film 2016 though, small kid  10.95 nwi ), Lance Broome (WR, jr don't see 247 profile or offers -  track verbal future 10.86 (+2.0)   ),   Chris Williams (RB, Houston track commit 10.67 (+2.0) ) ,  Jahquan Bloomfield  10.87 nwi (WR Louisiana Monroe commit)

39.98  Conroe The Woodlands  

DeAngelo Alexander  (DB Blinn College commit  10.98 nwi),  Jake Lanier (WR/TE  Texas Tech track commit) 6'7" 225 lb lists 4.29 on recruiting profile  11.00 nwi, 21.02 (-0.6))  Ethan  Bonner  (DB Stanford commit 11.35 nwi, 21.98 (0.6))   KeSean Carter  (WR Texas Tech commit, dual sports  10.22 (0.4)) add him to my 4.4 HS club from other thread.  

To add the other team from the blazing 6A Bunch that finished above AHP

40.08 Cedar Hill

Vincent Young WR/ 10,.81 (No Offers), Quinshone Bright (WR/APB Baylor) 10.99 100 21.78 200 ran 21.49 (+4.9), Cameron Fleming APB/CB 4.40 40 (Memphis Commit) 10.36+4.6), Josh Fleeks RB (Baylor Commit) 10.46(+4.6)

• Thanks 1

East St. Louis High barred from Competing the rest of the year in IL. T&F

On May 8, a scuffle took place in the stands that allegedly included three athletes on East St. Louis's boys' team. Officials with the Flyers program on Monday said "only three members were involved in the brawl" and said they believed it was unfair to punish the entire team for the altercation. 

East St. Louis Boys Team Loses Appeal To Keep Season Alive

http://www.milesplit.com/articles/240804

43 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

East St. Louis High barred from Competing the rest of the year in IL. T&F

On May 8, a scuffle took place in the stands that allegedly included three athletes on East St. Louis's boys' team. Officials with the Flyers program on Monday said "only three members were involved in the brawl" and said they believed it was unfair to punish the entire team for the altercation. 

East St. Louis Boys Team Loses Appeal To Keep Season Alive

http://www.milesplit.com/articles/240804

Yeah that's garbage. No team should ever be punished for the actions of three kids. Just suspend those guys.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Sorry meant to quote this above.

25 minutes ago, 954gator said:

@golfaddict1  Jaden Mcburrows is going to be a stud.  Kid was amazing as an 8th grader.   

Yea he stood out of the young offers and I’ve seen some others getting attention w offers.   Didn’t see power 5 offers unless they are recent.   

I hope they do well.  Gibbons seems prime to take over 5A this season, but let’s see what happens.    Wonder how long Cogdell’s 3 year run on STA would have lasted?  He helped ‘16 Carol City for sure.  He’s at USF now.  

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Yea he stood out of the young offers and I’ve seen some others getting attention w offers.   Didn’t see power 5 offers unless they are recent.   

I hope they do well.  Gibbons seems prime to take over 5A this season, but let’s see what happens.    Wonder how long Cogdell’s 3 year run on STA would have lasted?  He helped ‘16 Carol City for sure.  He’s at USF now.  

You know the Tx vs Fl rivalry.  Now I gotta post one of our track guys.  3rd leg from Cedar Hill's 4x100  Josh Fleeks RB (Baylor Commit) 10.46(+4.6)

Not one of those Lil Track guys running around an Oval like those non Track guys think about Texas. These are Stud Kids. 

• Like 3