OT: HS track

golfaddict1

50 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

By the way I can talk track with you all day because we always talk like man with out that silly name calling, that a lot on here resort to.

I was thinking the same thing.  It's good to disagree with nptb17 on track and Field every now and then :D. Always good discourse and good points.  Much respect sir.  Disagreeing and respecting is a lost art for many.   But I am 100% correct ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.iaaf.org/records/by-category/world-u20-leading-2018

When you’re a HS relay squad and you’ve got 2 names in the U20 world lead (they’re both 18 yrs of age, see 200 and 110 hurdles)  you’re gunna likely have a pretty quick time... and neither was their fastest  100 sprinter :).  

Notice 10.11 as the current world leader at age 19 (but ran 10.11 at late age 18).  Schwartz is still 17 and at 10.13 best currently.  

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Cooper is not listed on today’s heat sheets list for FL states this weekend.   Hopefully he can reconcile w his longtime coach and get his life and career goals back on “track”.   

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/tyrese-cooper-one-of-the-nations-fastest-sprinters-arrested-and-likely-wont-run-in-state-tournament-10312367

image.png.ee29251a52736b127bfd8e009bb13ed3.png

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

He can boogie and is having a superb season.... currently #4 100 and #2 200  (wind legal).    

image.png.8b6f285e0243a3e7d32aa05c3c26eef2.png

image.thumb.png.b73c2ea5ce8137244fc3ead773606557.png

New balance indoor nationals results from NY,  won the 200 and finished 3rd in the 60  

image.png.3e9e9f127ce5f5a8a012330213457085.pngimage.png.a658066f45d567f1337dd49131e46178.png

Kid is fast and dare I say the Fastest Mennonite in History. :P

Oh to be a young Mennonite. .   Clearly he is the fastest one ever.

Image result for mennonite men

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Nobody going to respond to Tyrese Cooper getting arrested?   New article. 

http://www.milesplit.com/articles/239828/report-tyrese-cooper-released-ahead-of-states

I shared the initial article with WTF and :(.   @DevilDog replied on that article.   Not much really to add other than TMZ details as he's out of states and not likely 100% healthy either.   Hopefully he heals in various ways and starts the reconciliation process with his long time coach and father figure.   If he stays on the right path from here through his senior season I'm sure a D1 track power will give him a shot.  

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I shared the initial article with WTF and :(.   @DevilDog replied on that article.   Not much really to add other than TMZ details as he's out of states and not likely 100% healthy either.   Hopefully he heals in various ways and starts the reconciliation process with his long time coach and father figure.   If he stays on the right path from here through his senior season I'm sure a D1 track power will give him a shot.  

Man I went back a page to see if anyone posted, of course you guys posted 2 pages ago.   Damnit, always late to the party!  

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Hopefully  you guys have seen this ESPN doc.   It used to be online for free, but doubtful now.  

If there’s anyone who thinks Carl Lewis was clean, then for sure they should watch this doc. in full.   

I saw it.  Carl was dirty too.

20 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Cardinal Gibbons removed from double top secret probation and eliminated from preseason football rankings consideration.    :)