USC being out muscled against finesse Stanford

FolsomPrisonBlues

12 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Seriously, he’s starting at a program that has a lot of holes to fill and you’re gonna jump him after two games?  What about Fields and Lawrence?  They aren’t even starting so I suppose that everyone should start trashing them?  

Hes was mediocre against two teams that have zero chance of winning anything worth talking about. What more do you need to see?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

I did no such thing.

I was just referring to how he was highly publicized and has not lived up to his billing.

PERIOD

No reason to trash the others.

They have not failed as yet.

He has so far.

Plain and simple.

He has failed???? Hes a freshman and played a top 10 Stanford team

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

No argument there.

But Stanford's defense is a far cry from most SEC defenses. 

Dude posts a QB QB rating of 20 against a likely 2nd or 3rd place PAC12 team? After ALL that hype in HS?

Dude that not fair to compare most defenses against a SEC defense. Sec still builds their teams for defense. Pac 12 and big 12 is all offense. Big 10 is more balanced 

42 minutes ago, Ararar said:

How exactly has he failed?

I think you both have points.   I agree with Sportsnut and Folsom in that not enough people on here acknowledge performance at the next level.  They say s*** like "well, he was a great HS player and that's all that matters"  WTF lol.  That said, way to early judge him  but I get pissed because I simply asked who was  the best defense MD played last year (because I honestly didn't know and wanted to watch the game film) and all of these nuts jumped all over me about how MD was far & away the best HS team ever and that can't be debated.  Not that I would argue that as again I have no idea nor do i give a damn - although if you have a brain you can make the connection that if a guy could just sit in the pocket with a great oline throwing to WR's getting separation every play things might change coming up against a higher level defense.   

Best quote (because of the honesty and integrity) was Reggie Bush saying  "My game as a TB was notched down significantly in the NFL because I lost 1 step that I had in college to hit the hole at top speed due the superior oline play I had at at USC.  One step could be enough to make you an entirely different player yet you'll never know until you get to that level of competition.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Dude that not fair to compare most defenses against a SEC defense. Sec still builds their teams for defense. Pac 12 and big 12 is all offense. Big 10 is more balanced 

This.  And it's what makes regional matchups in college so fun.  It's also part of why the SEC leads in NFL output - the style of play is closest to that of the NFL.  Well, that and the fact the southern states have more guys with size & speed than anywhere else

• Like 1

Just now, GrecoRoman said:

This.  And it's what makes regional matchups in college so fun.  It's also part of why the SEC leads in NFL output - the style of play is closest to that of the NFL.  Well, that and the fact the southern states have more guys with size & speed than anywhere else

SEC has proved for the last 10 years or so how dominant they are. Yes they are top heavy but those top teams are very good. Ole miss who is rebuilding beat Texas tech last week. Florida lost to Kentucky last night. LSU man handled Miami. On and on. The defenses of the sec are very good. Now the offense can catch up a bit but dont mess with a system that works 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

SEC has proved for the last 10 years or so how dominant they are. Yes they are top heavy but those top teams are very good. Ole miss who is rebuilding beat Texas tech last week. Florida lost to Kentucky last night. LSU man handled Miami. On and on. The defenses of the sec are very good. Now the offense can catch up a bit but dont mess with a system that works 

No doubt.  What makes the SEC to me is the week in - week out comp you will have (when compared to other conferences).  No doubt, some of the other conferences can produce teams that will beat top SEC teams or might even beat the SEC head to head in a random year.  However, anyone that gets the progression of football (meaning NFL as the ultimate goal) knows the SEC is a step above.  Plus, most of the times when the other conferences have a great team it's because they have an out of this world QB or some type of stupid ass trickery offense that would only work in college anyway.  (so many of the players on these type of teams (ala Oregon) just dissapear after college because it was the system they were in that made them.  The top SEC teams can outmuscle you if your faster or outrun you if your stonger = highest level athletes

• Like 1

Just now, GrecoRoman said:

No doubt.  What makes the SEC to me is the week in - week out comp you will have (when compared to other conferences).  No doubt, some of the other conferences can produce teams that will beat top SEC teams or might even beat the SEC head to head in a random year.  However, anyone that gets the progression of football (meaning NFL as the ultimate goal) knows the SEC is a step above.  Plus, most of the times when the other conferences have a great team it's because they have an out of this world QB or some type of stupid ass trickery offense that would only work in college anyway.  (so many of the players on these type of teams (ala Oregon) just dissapear after college because it was the system they were in that made them.  The top SEC teams can outmuscle you if your faster or outrun you if your stonger = highest level athletes

I agree......and they are touting up another Oregon QB in herbert or whatever. UCLA wont do shit with that gimmick chip Kelly offense. Team that throw  the ball 50 times or more dont tend to do anything when it matters. College football is all about pounding the ball and grinding it out until the other team quits. Offensive lineman in college means a lot. Coaching also means a lot. You can see the difference in coaching at the college level. The top are amazing coaches and the drop off that happens after that. TAMU lost by 2 to clemson whose #2 in the country why because of better coaching. The athletes in the SEC are just better 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bestcoast said:

He must be an over achiever. He is surpassing that goal bigly.

Stanford has 24 SoCal players on its roster and 4 Nocals and the rest from out of state. Yet, he thinks that is a victory for NoCal.. the struggle not getting easier for Block/Chris. 

When Centennial QB Tanner McKee returns from his mission, he'll be starting at QB for Stanford as well....

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

And now we start to get out of hand.