La Salle, OH 13 2A Lutheran North, MO 12

RedZone

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Google "st john bosco transfers football la times" and there's no shortage of material over many years.

Google "crybabies".

John Curtis scheduled the Southern version of St John Bosco > STA....and lost 27-13.........3 transfers scored all of STA's points.

Cry to trump or someone...

3 minutes ago, concha said:

Unlike in Ohio and the GCL specifically,  the Trinity League schools have happily turned their football programs into recruiting and transferring machines.  The LA Times actually tracks it.  Here's an example from 2018:  http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-high-school-sports-updates-battle-for-no-1-transfer-school-in-1526926726-htmlstory.html 

In the Trinity League, Mater Dei is No. 1 with 71 transfers listed, but there’s more because several football players who arrived this spring are not listed on the Southern Section website. Schools sometimes wait for the next school year to send in paperwork to confirm eligibility and addresses for fall athletes.Orange Lutheran has 63 transfers, followed by Santa Margarita at 51, JSerra at 49, St. John Bosco at 47 and Servite at 26.

Google "st john bosco transfers football la times" and there's no shortage of material over many years.

St. X was never going to win that game and the fact that their QB was playing hobbled and their two best linemen (one of whom is now at Clemson) were both out with ACL injuries certainly didn't help.

Chip is funny. Because he's stupid.

Concha.....very well said.  I was there. St. John Bosco was the best team in the country.  No excuses with all the starter issues, but X dropped a TD pass, fumbled inside the SJB 5, and missed 3 FG's.....all in the first half.   Young team, with key injuries, and over-matched.

Brockhorst  is at Clemson.   Qb Clifford (hurt) thru a 34 yd TD pass for Penn State this past weekend.   

13 minutes ago, prepsbill65 said:

Concha.....very well said.  I was there. St. John Bosco was the best team in the country.  No excuses with all the starter issues, but X dropped a TD pass, fumbled inside the SJB 5, and missed 3 FG's.....all in the first half.   Young team, with key injuries, and over-matched.

Brockhorst  is at Clemson.   Qb Clifford (hurt) thru a 34 yd TD pass for Penn State this past weekend.   

I was there as well.  If St. X takes advantage of all those missed points they were still going to lose that game.  They were not ready for Re-Al Mitchell ability to score from anywhere on the field.  They had to adjust their defense on the fly which opened up everything else.  

29 minutes ago, RedZone said:

St John Bosco had 500 yds total offense in 3 quarters basically

St Xavier 150 yds

I can see why St Xavier fan boys feel so "skippy" about another blowout from a different state...crying concha clearly did NOT attend that St Xavier massacre...the HORROR. xD

St. John Bosco big played them to death.  It is what it was.  Props to Bosco that day.  If they aren't breaking any rules I don't see the problems with transfers.  

12 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

St. John Bosco big played them to death.  It is what it was.  Props to Bosco that day.  If they aren't breaking any rules I don't see the problems with transfers.  

It just comes to simple recognition that one program does not operate by the same playbook as the other.

Times have changed.  It used to be that schools played with the kids who enrolled in 9th grade with minor exceptions. Now, you have the likes of STA, IMG, the Trinity League schools. the Bishop and others that are effectively little different than college programs in how they draw talent.  In places like Florida and SoCal, they actually use the term "transfer season" in high school. You can't expect normal schools to compete with these football academies.

Frankly, it's one of the reasons I've lost lots of interest in the national board.  I'm proud that the GCL has avoided doing what I just described, but also have little interest in reading posts from folks pounding their chests about "their" high school team being great when it's made up of players who have attended many different high schools and is thus a de facto all-star team.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Ha!

Yes a definite wise guy. 

Y'all always used CP like a hammer. The hammer got taken and given to the Georgia contingent. 

We have taken the opportunity to show you that what you thought was a hammer was really a screw driver all along. Now we get to use it to put the screws to you. 

ab8d74d5ea126aabd14fc9d83894e717.gif.75434b67bc8bb9baf07b2e3149e04a7b.gif

Gonna use that driver to screw Nor's pooches until he disappears into obscurity...

Again.

7 hours ago, nptb17 said:

I was there as well.  If St. X takes advantage of all those missed points they were still going to lose that game.  They were not ready for Re-Al Mitchell ability to score from anywhere on the field.  They had to adjust their defense on the fly which opened up everything else.  

Fortunately, STA did not use St. Xs game plan to stop Mitchell.