La Salle, OH 13 2A Lutheran North, MO 12

RedZone

Nazarath Academy IL. beat Lutheran North 20-6 despite their starting RB being kicked off the team several days before the game. The following week Homewood-Flossmoor IL. beat Lutheran North 34-14. Lutheran North is better coached than Trinity Catholic according to an article in the St.Louis dispatch.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Looks like Cincy power La Salle struggled vs Trinity Catholic's 2A buddy in MO, Lutheran North....Friday Night.

http://stats.stlhighschoolsports.com/sports/football/stats/boxscore.php?s=735&e=596068

Had this been Colquitt struggling there would be 15 threads on it.

Lasalle was picked to finsh 4th in the GCL South. There are only 4 teams in the GCL South.  Lasalle has came back to earth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

Lasalle was picked to finsh 4th in the GCL South. There are only 4 teams in the GCL South.  Lasalle has came back to earth.

Cajun has to deflect from the face plant Lousiana has sustained since the beginning of the season. His State ranked Rummel team just lost to a Florida panhandle team who hasn't been good since Emmitt Smith was their running back. 

Football season isn't that great of a time of year when your from Lousiana 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Cajun has to deflect from the face plant Lousiana has sustained since the beginning of the season. His State ranked Rummel team just lost to a Florida panhandle team who hasn't been good since Emmitt Smith was their running back. 

Football season isn't that great of a time of year when your from Lousiana 

I was wondering where this was coming from.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

That's a further testament to the GCL being mediocre.

St. X is not a threat to many good teams in the country either.

Ohio trending down.

Hoban and Pick Central are overrated as well.

I don't know overall about Pick C, but I openly wondered how in week 1 they were letting Phillips March down the field using the simple handoff on the read option. There's teams I don't think Phillips could score against outside of a lucky hail Mary.

But Picks offense looked legit.

6 minutes ago, Bones said:

I don't know overall about Pick C, but I openly wondered how in week 1 they were letting Phillips March down the field using the simple handoff on the read option. There's teams I don't think Phillips could score against outside of a lucky hail Mary.

But Picks offense looked legit.

Pick C's offense looked legit against a boneheaded DC and their defense was more than suspect. Those are not qualities of a Top 25 national team.

Phillips would be run out of the stadium against a good number of teams across the country. They lacked discipline and poorly coached. That's a recipe for disaster when playing great teams.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Pick C's offense looked legit against a boneheaded DC and their defense was more than suspect. Those are not qualities of a Top 25 national team.

Phillips would be run out of the stadium against a good number of teams across the country. They lacked discipline and poorly coached. That's a recipe for disaster when playing great teams.

I won't argue against any of that. I tried to explain to people once I saw Phillips getting all that attention that they weren't that great even in Illinois regardless of what even local pollsters say. But there's aspects of Picks offense that I think are simply good. Obviously it's not going to look as good when you step up the competition but that goes for everyone.

When I was in line for the game this weekend I happened to be standing next to an Atlanta transplant from Chicago. We got to talk some Grayson and Colquitt for a few mins.