La Salle, OH 13 2A Lutheran North, MO 12

RedZone

5 minutes ago, Bones said:

I won't argue against any of that. I tried to explain to people once I saw Phillips getting all that attention that they weren't that great even in Illinois regardless of what even local pollsters say. But there's aspects of Picks offense that I think are simply good. Obviously it's not going to look as good when you step up the competition but that goes for everyone.

When I was in line for the game this weekend I happened to be standing next to an Atlanta transplant from Chicago. We got to talk some Grayson and Colquitt for a few mins. 

I hear ya buddy.

It's a shame how often these details are overlooked by the pollsters.

This was covered in the Ohio and Illinois threads. Just gotta browse around for the info you seek.

As you'll read in those threads, it was pointed out prior to the game that La Salle's Offense is terrible......they are all Defense. I came very close to predicting the score at 21-14....not a surprise

Moeller also is only Defense.....no Offense.

3 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

This was covered in the Ohio and Illinois threads. Just gotta browse around for the info you seek.

As you'll read in those threads, it was pointed out prior to the game that La Salle's Offense is terrible......they are all Defense. I came very close to predicting the score at 21-14....not a surprise

That's a pretty common theme for Ohio.

41 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Most people don't click on those "state threads". I seldom do.

Why click on a thread you have to spend 30 minutes trying to find honest context, if any.

I watch a lot of streams and post most of the streams from La for those interested. I probably would have watched some of that La Salle/LN stream had I remembered about it.

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

That's a further testament to the GCL being mediocre.

St. X is not a threat to many good teams in the country either.

Ohio trending down.

Hoban and Pick Central are overrated as well.

The troll is strong with you today.  Since you want to go there.  Who you want to send up from Georgia to Ohio?  20 for 20 or 50 for 50, it isn't going to go well for Georgia.  Your head coach lost his only game in Ohio to a first year head coach.  Let that sink in. I will tell you whoever gets would lose.

4 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

The troll is strong with you today.  Since you want to go there.  Who you want to send up from Georgia to Ohio?  20 for 20 or 50 for 50, it isn't going to go well for Georgia.  Your head coach lost his only game in Ohio to a first year head coach.  Let that sink in. I will tell you whoever gets would lose.

Hardly trolling when you can offer supporting evidence.

A game played over a decade doesn't mean squat now.

Ohio would not fair well, bud. Only those from Ohio would disagree.

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

There is a whole thread about Georgia.  It's on page 1 of this forum.  Try again.  You think y'all play good defense in Georgia and then you would see what that looks like along with coaching.  Don't hear of kids crying about practice being too hard in Ohio.  

Wow....cannot believe the thoughts here about Ohio.

In Cincinnati, Colerain and StX are heads above everyone else.  Those two can play with most anyone in the country.  What people do not realize is that the 4 GCL teams, and Colerain are in the same city.  Pick  your two or five teams (from the same city) and come to Ohio.

Same city......    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

GA has been invited to play 4 times in 7 years...and failed to sack up every time. So yeah...it's kinda trolling. 

Uncle Rush has flashed the vag twice himself...so that "game played a decade ago" obviously still means something to him. 

Pretty funny watching you guys try and thump your chests while letting the phone ring. 

Probably best to let someone NOT from GA do the shit talking. xD

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:

This is stupid, Ohio has been trending down faster than any state in th country

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:

There is a whole thread about Georgia.  It's on page 1 of this forum.  Try again.  You think y'all play good defense in Georgia and then you would see what that looks like along with coaching.  Don't hear of kids crying about practice being too hard in Ohio.  

I am not a fan of GA by any means, but GA football is far and above better than Ohio. 

46 minutes ago, TheRealOrangeCounty said:

I am not a fan of GA by any means, but GA football is far and above better than Ohio. 

I don't doubt that Ohio can assemble a couple teams to match up with the Top 4 power states from time to time.

They are a lot like NJ. Just not enough athletes to compete with GA, TX, FL, and CA after their Top 5 teams.

Even 1v1-5v5 they would be underdogs.

Can one of you Ohio gurus give us the current Top 10 in the state? Let's compare them in hypothetical matchups against each of the Top 4 power states' Top 10, with some explanations for each. It will make for a nice discussion.

GA Top 10:

Colquitt

Milton

Grayson

Archer

North Gwinnett

Walton

Rome

Buford

McEachern

Blessed Trinity

That's how I would rank them thru 4 games.

I believe any of the top 8 teams would be competitive against the nation's Top 10-50 even if they played their worst games (this was evident a couple weeks ago).

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

Most people don't click on those "state threads". I seldom do.

Why click on a thread you have to spend 30 minutes trying to find honest context, if any.

I watch a lot of streams and post most of the streams from La for those interested. I probably would have watched some of that La Salle/LN stream had I remembered about it.

The Ohio threads are usually only a page or 2 long. Quite easy to go through and read......I try to give an absolute honest take on everyone..that's the only reason I give score predictions

I too watch a lot of streams, and appreciate all your stream links. Good Stuff.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, zulu1128 said:

GA has been invited to play 4 times in 7 years...and failed to sack up every time. So yeah...it's kinda trolling. 

Uncle Rush has flashed the vag twice himself...so that "game played a decade ago" obviously still means something to him. 

Pretty funny watching you guys try and thump your chests while letting the phone ring. 

Probably best to let someone NOT from GA do the shit talking. xD

Marietta is all I'm going to say.  You initially though Phillips could beat PC and don't say you didn't because you were intrigued by the game. No top 25 Ohio team would allow what South Point did to Buford.  Who's your top 10 in Georgia now?  After next week you should be safe because there aren't anymore OOS games.