Updated CA rankings

TheRealOrangeCounty

5 hours ago, Kalven said:

MV vs Upland this week should be a good one.

You got that right.  Upland not likely to lose after this one, so their chance for undefeated season is on the line.  If Mission Viejo wins, then the next game they’ll be in the same position against OLU.  MV looking pretty solid.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, On2whls said:

You got that right.  Upland not likely to lose after this one, so their chance for undefeated season is on the line.  If Mission Viejo wins, then the next game they’ll be in the same position against OLU.  MV looking pretty solid.

Based on what?  They beat 0-4 La Habra by only 14 and Villa Park (Villa Park!) by 15.

I agree that Upland-MV should be a good game, but I see the Highlanders taking this.

5 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

I agree that Upland-MV should be a good game, but I see the Highlanders taking this.

Mission Viejo doesn’t lose to teams that they “should” beat.  Their defense should limit Upland enough that they can outscore them.  It won’t be by a lot though.  The more intriguing game to me is MV vs Orange Lutheran.  

After this season I expect Upland to be elevated back up to D1.

7 hours ago, On2whls said:

Mission Viejo doesn’t lose to teams that they “should” beat.  Their defense should limit Upland enough that they can outscore them.  It won’t be by a lot though.  The more intriguing game to me is MV vs Orange Lutheran.  

After this season I expect Upland to be elevated back up to D1.

I don't see any reason why Mission Viejo "should" win this game at all.

53 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

I don't see any reason why Mission Viejo "should" win this game at all. 

There probably isn't a great disparity in overall talent but Mission Viejo has had more experience and success in big games.   This is a team that is never ill prepared.  Not saying Upland isn't going to be prepared, but I just don't think they are there yet.  They haven't dominated their opponents to the extend that MV should be overly concerned, and I think they will have trouble scoring a lot against them.  I see this game something like 28-20 MV.

• Thumbs Down 1

14 hours ago, Kalven said:

I'm favoring MV. Upland was tied at halftime with La Mirada and they're garbage.

I was wrong, you were right. But you must be surprised how one sided it was. MV certainly impressed! I’m looking forward to seeing them against OLu next week. Should be a good game. 

One thing about Upland.... last night was first time I really focused on watching Justin Flowe.  It may be hyperbole but he is the best linebacker I have seen in a long time.