Open Letter to this Board from an American

BigDrop

I was born in Washington, DC and am proud to have grown up here.  Now retired, I have represented both European and Canadian companies in the 35+ years I was in my industry with perhaps more than 1,000 days of travel outside of America.  

I am proud of where I was born and where I live-and am retired to:  D.C.

I have voted Republican far more often than Democrat over the last 50 years.  I also sold into Atlantic City in the mid ‘80’s and later.  I know what AC thinks of Trump, of the companies bankrupted because he filed several bankruptcies abandoning them.

Today someone could have killed countless innocent people:  in a mailroom, a newsroom, the Secret Service and elsewhere.

Yet some of you, puffed up by the divisive, politically profane rhetoric of Trump, insist that a political party was responsible.  

Do you cheer at Trump rallies?  Yell lock her up when a woman has experienced an attempted rape?  Support Arabs in sheets who literally butcher and dismember an American resident?  For that matter do you support Saudis who Trump has a lifeline to?  Do you support Putin who is responsible for the murder of thousands?

You are not an American   You do not have my values.  I am suggesting go home to wherever the hell you and Trump came from.

Just fully understand who you blindly support and believe:  he is not a liberal nor a Republican. Nor is he an American who loves his country.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

You are not an American   You do not have my values.  I am suggesting go home to wherever the hell you and Trump came from.

Just fully understand who you blindly support and believe:  he is not a liberal nor a Republican. Nor is he an American who loves his country.

I think I figured out the problem....

Lifelong Republican from Washington.... meets Lifelong Democrat Trump from New York.....🤣🤣🤣

Welcome to the two party system....

giphy.gif

Go have a cocktail or two and relax.

We don't know who did the deed nor what side of the aisle they were on. I would point out that there are those on the left who immediately pointed the finger to the right.

Who was supposed to be locked up for almost being raped? Please don't say that woman who went after Justice Kavanaugh.  And who is supporting murderers? Even of an Islamist non-citizen?  Tell us, what was your reaction when pallets of stupid amounts of cash were sent to Iran?

Trump has this country prospering.  He certainly does not kiss up to Putin (and anyone paying attention and with their head positioned outside their ass can point to many examples why). He is pushing our "allies" to actually BE allies. He is negotiating better trade deals for the country.

Get your skull out of Rick Maddow's ass.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, concha said:

We don't know who did the deed nor what side of the aisle they were on...

and whoever did the deed may not even be on the same side of the aisle..... as those that precipitated it.....

It's no help for the right to get ''violent' when they have gained control, and when was the last time you saw all those gun totin righties claiming non-violence and pointing to knuckle brick brawlers like aintifa as a problem???.....

Left has everything to gain, and the attack was 'supposedly' against 'them' <<<lol

Of course the 6 o'clock news has lot's of people under stress and love to get people in a fighting mood so it really could be anything at this point...

But at this point, any REAL AMERICAN can recognize that political 'hits' are not something to be tolerated regardless of which side of the aisle starts the food fight.... 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, concha said:

We don't know who did the deed nor what side of the aisle they were on. I would point out that there are those on the left who immediately pointed the finger to the right.

Who was supposed to be locked up for almost being raped? Please don't say that woman who went after Justice Kavanaugh.  And who is supporting murderers? Even of an Islamist non-citizen?  Tell us, what was your reaction when pallets of stupid amounts of cash were sent to Iran?

Trump has this country prospering.  He certainly does not kiss up to Putin (and anyone paying attention and with their head positioned outside their ass can point to many examples why). He is pushing our "allies" to actually BE allies. He is negotiating better trade deals for the country.

Get your skull out of Rick Maddow's ass.

Respect for America is dying around the world.  So many cannot believe the blind loyalty that some in our country show Trump.  

Regardless many could have died today and some of you are claiming the probable act of a maniac was a political act.

I say it again:  you are unAmerican.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

I was born in Washington, DC and am proud to have grown up here.  Now retired, I have represented both European and Canadian companies in the 35+ years I was in my industry with perhaps more than 1,000 days of travel outside of America.  

I am proud of where I was born and where I live-and am retired to:  D.C.

I have voted Republican far more often than Democrat over the last 50 years.  I also sold into Atlantic City in the mid ‘80’s and later.  I know what AC thinks of Trump, of the companies bankrupted because he filed several bankruptcies abandoning them.

Today someone could have killed countless innocent people:  in a mailroom, a newsroom, the Secret Service and elsewhere.

Yet some of you, puffed up by the divisive, politically profane rhetoric of Trump, insist that a political party was responsible.  

Do you cheer at Trump rallies?  Yell lock her up when a woman has experienced an attempted rape?  Support Arabs in sheets who literally butcher and dismember an American resident?  For that matter do you support Saudis who Trump has a lifeline to?  Do you support Putin who is responsible for the murder of thousands?

Great article in the Washington Post that sums it all up truly......I remember seeing some book/s titles similar to this a few years ago. I'm going to have to check that out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bomb-scares-and-the-politics-of-the-apocalypse/2018/10/24/e4c8d17a-d7b7-11e8-a10f-b51546b10756_story.html?utm_term=.21bf7e9a73b0

This is a time of the politics of the apocalypse — an all-or-nothing view of the difference between winning and losing an election and of holding power or not holding it. There is no middle ground on what winning or losing means. This has been on the rise for a long time. But it has intensified of late. No one really knows how to roll it back. Politicians say that it is time for the country to come together. But on whose terms?

Political rhetoric has escalated dramatically, spurred by the ideological divisions and aided by social media. This has created two Americas, and turned those in one America against those in the other. Forces that not that long ago had been suppressed, though not eliminated, have been emboldened and unleashed. Racial antagonism, anti-Semitism and a more general fear of the opposition permeate at least a part of many political conversations.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Respect for America is dying around the world.  So many cannot believe the blind loyalty that some in our country show Trump.  

Regardless many could have died today and some of you are claiming the probable act of a maniac was a political act.

I say it again:  you are unAmerican.

America is doing great.

The only thing dying is the leftist movement.

• Like 2

These were “real devices” which now may include Joe Biden.  Someone tried to murder two American Presidents, a Secretary of State, the former head of the CIA, a member of Congress, a news organization and possibly a former Vice President.

Not to mention postal employees, office staff and countless innocents.

Attempted murder ! And some on this board unconscionably discount the act of terrorism.

And then we have the American resident and Washington Post columnist who was murdered and literally dismembered.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It was addressed to John Brennan, who doesn't even work at CNN. He's at MSNBC. The person who sent it is an uneducated, cowardly idiot, who will be caught soon enough and jailed because of their actions.  

He’s the former head of the CIA-a lifelong employee-and a terrorist attempted to murder him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Great article in the Washington Post that sums it all up truly......I remember seeing some book/s titles similar to this a few years ago. I'm going to have to check that out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bomb-scares-and-the-politics-of-the-apocalypse/2018/10/24/e4c8d17a-d7b7-11e8-a10f-b51546b10756_story.html?utm_term=.21bf7e9a73b0

This is a time of the politics of the apocalypse — an all-or-nothing view of the difference between winning and losing an election and of holding power or not holding it. There is no middle ground on what winning or losing means. This has been on the rise for a long time. But it has intensified of late. No one really knows how to roll it back. Politicians say that it is time for the country to come together. But on whose terms?

Political rhetoric has escalated dramatically, spurred by the ideological divisions and aided by social media. This has created two Americas, and turned those in one America against those in the other. Forces that not that long ago had been suppressed, though not eliminated, have been emboldened and unleashed. Racial antagonism, anti-Semitism and a more general fear of the opposition permeate at least a part of many political conversations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/10/24/cnn-trump-you-incited-this/ is superb also.  A seminal statement by CNN today.

27 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I would argue the repub/dem movement are both dying.  More people are identifying as independent.  The right way to go. 

https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

I'm willing to bet regardless of affiliation it will be one of those real Americans.

Silly Left vs. Right .  Same damn people. 

I would never claim anyone of these damn parties.  

Look at the rhetoric blaiming each other.  We all know who is doing this and they do too.

I can narrow it down without one shred of evidence. It's either an Arab or real American.  I would not place a bet in Vegas on Haji on this one.  I'm betting Bubba. 😷

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

I'm willing to bet regardless of affiliation it will be one of those real Americans.

Silly Left vs. Right .  Same damn people. 

I would never claim any of these damn parties

But to listen to both speak they are each “winning” and on the correct and only righteous path.  Talk about a train wreck. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

But to listen to both speak they are each “winning” and on the correct and only righteous path.  Talk about a train wreck. 

Malcolm has a great speech on this subject and how delusional you and I are to claim any Party.  He says fool you're not even invited to the Party 🤘.  The same people blaiming each other with serious vitriol.  So damn funny. 

I'm more worried if minorities can still vote in the South right in the middle  where all these Real Americans live unencumbered.  See Ga. And Fl. As exhibits A & B.

Funny who the bombs were sent to.  

Regardless of Party. Bubba is behind this mental illness and all.  Now you can give him to whatever party makes you feel better.  They do the same after mass shootings give him to the other Party. That's to not associate self.  Like an old game of 3 Card Monte.  Just like clockwork read the comments here.

CNN reporting parody of ISIS flag from White supremacist websites.  Now Maxine Waters been targeted.  Rule out Habib 100% now. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Each side have been winning.  Did you notice the same people generally lose regardless of Party?  Great trickery with each.  

MAGA.  

• Like 2