Georgias 1st Round Matchups

ECHS05

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Tift got the at large bid will be @ Roswell 

This will be the 5th meeting between the 2 teams... 

This will be a great matchup for a normally fairly pedestrian rd. 1. 

Both teams have shown flashes of being good when they play their best game and everything is clicking. 

Good luck to our region 1 bretheren. 

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Cartersville beat FLs 7A Runner Up... You can't call them crap without calling 7A crap... Wasnt STA in that class? 🤣

I didn't call Cartersville crap. I laughed at your claim that the Georgia 4A champ would win the majority of state championships in Florida.

You seeming came to that conclusion based on some kind of hocus pocus.

I don't have to equivocate on this. I said 7A was down big last year. I said it at the time. I said Bartram Trail wasn't that good. I said their defense was historically bad. They're not even going to make the playoffs this year.

On the other hand Cartersville has won 51 of their last 52 games and yet them beating a marginal Bartram Trail team somehow means that the Georgia 4A champion (a completely separate team) would win a majority of the Florida state championships.

That is retarded.

11 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

I didn't call Cartersville crap. I laughed at your claim that the Georgia 4A champ would win the majority of state championships in Florida.

You seeming came to that conclusion based on some kind of hocus pocus.

I don't have to equivocate on this. I said 7A was down big last year. I said it at the time. I said Bartram Trail wasn't that good. I said their defense was historically bad. They're not even going to make the playoffs this year.

On the other hand Cartersville has won 51 of their last 52 games and yet them beating a marginal Bartram Trail team somehow means that the Georgia 4A champion (a completely separate team) would win a majority of the Florida state championships.

That is retarded.

It makes sense. To steal a line from you... Most of your teams just arent very good, and the classes are watered down.... It all sucks.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

To steal a line from you... Most of your teams just arent very good, and the classes are watered down.... It all sucks.

But when I say it about Georgia it has the added benefit of being true.

Florida's top 3 classes are actually quite balanced.

In Georgia, 80% of the top teams are in 7A and the quality drops precipitously down the line.

6 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

But when I say it about Georgia it has the added benefit of being true.

Florida's top 3 classes are actually quite balanced.

In Georgia, 80% of the top teams are in 7A and the quality drops precipitously down the line.

Meaning GAs best teams play each other... Not avoid each other via different brackets.

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Cartersville beat FLs 7A Runner Up... You can't call them crap without calling 7A crap... Wasnt STA in that class? 🤣

7a was crap last year 

Both 7a north reps in 2015 were better teams then bartram 

Both 7a north reps in 2016 were better

Why?  Because all 4 of them actually had a defense with some talent,  I've seen middle schools with a better secondary then bartram secondary had, the simple facts are Bartram Trail would have just been another team had they not had the 2 qbs in a very weak year in 7a, that bartram team last year didn't look much better than the one Columbia beat by 37 points 2 years earlier in the playoffs, only difference was bartram trail's competition in 7a was weaker and the only good 7a team they played last year beat them

In Fact it appears highly likely that in at least 3 out of 4 regions in 7a this year will have a better team in final 4 then last year 

7a 1 and 2 will have a better team this year 

7a 3 still a question mark as I'm thinking Venice isn't as good as last year 

7a 4 is better this year, whether it's sta or Dwyer it will be a upgrade over last year sta team 

44 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Possible Colquitt/Grayson Part 2?

Certainly looks like Grayson should make the semis.

I'm not totally sure on the bracket below them. Maybe Hillgrove or Walton vs. Grayson in the semis from that half. Hard to say which Grayson shows up week to week. They could get popped if they come half stepping. 

Colquitt vs. McEachern in the quarters on their bracket probably. 

The top bracket on the right side looks to be the messiest. A lot of solid teams in that one. Really tough to call who would come out of that bracket. 

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Certainly looks like Grayson should make the semis.

I'm not totally sure on the bracket below them. Maybe Hillgrove or Walton vs. Grayson in the semis from that half. Hard to say which Grayson shows up week to week. They could get popped if they come half stepping. 

Colquitt vs. McEachern in the quarters on their bracket probably. 

The top bracket on the right side looks to be the messiest. A lot of solid teams in that one. Really tough to call who would come out of that bracket. 

I think Milton or Hillgrove has the best chance to beat Grayson in the Semis. Despite what the OOSers will say, Grayson appears to have got it together a little bit... Since they barely beat Marietta & Westlake, theyve done well since those games.

And Graysons path is very easy until the Semis.

I see Colquitts path as follows... And its a tough one for them as always.

2nd round vs. McEachern

Qfinals vs. North Gwinnett

Semis vs. Parkview OR Archer

Finals vs. Grayson or Hillgrove or Milton... Maybe Walton but I doubt it

41 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I think Milton or Hillgrove has the best chance to beat Grayson in the Semis. Despite what the OOSers will say, Grayson appears to have got it together a little bit... Since they barely beat Marietta & Westlake, theyve done well since those games.

And Graysons path is very easy until the Semis.

I see Colquitts path as follows... And its a tough one for them as always.

2nd round vs. McEachern

Qfinals vs. North Gwinnett

Semis vs. Parkview OR Archer

Finals vs. Grayson or Hillgrove or Milton... Maybe Walton but I doubt it

If everything goes like it's "supposed to," it probably is a Colquitt/Grayson final. There are some teams in there that could get up on any given night and knock either one off if they come in half steppin'. 

I think Hillgrove is strong and Grayson had me nervous a little with a slow start offensively against South on Friday night as I was checking the statewide score board. They eventually pulled away, but it was a little concerning imo. 

I'd bet that Milton knocks off South Gwinnett by a similar score this week. 

Hillgrove could certainly stop Grayson from making the big show if Grayson has a stale start like they did this past week.