GA HSFB schedules slowly coming out.

Rome, Buford, Stockbridge, & Carrollton will without a doubt be the Top 4 teams in 5A. 

Rome brings back their QB Knox Kadum, along with their starting RB, TE, and 3 top WRs...  they bring back their Center and Right Tackle on the OL... for a total of 8/11 starters returning on O from their State Championship team that beat Buford 16-7. They also had wins over Stockbridge 28-21, Carrollton 45-28, Ware Co. 42-13, & Bainbridge 45-0. All 4 defensive linemen return and will be SRs, 1 of 3 LBs(a 4* committed to UGA) , & 1 of 4 DBs return for a total of 6/11.

Returning 14 of 22 will definitely have Rome preseason #1 in 5A. Buford #2, especially with their new HC and QB. 

Bufords only losses laat year were to 7A runner up Roswell 24-7, and Rome 16-7.

Stockbridges only loss was to Rome 28-21 in the Semifinals.

And Carrolltons only losses were to Rome 45-28, and Buford 34-27 in the semis. Carrollton under Sean Calhoun is going to be nastay.

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Found out who  the other player was....

Jake Fromms Relative. IDK if it was his brother or cousin or whoever. But he left Houston HS and apparently he was ranked along side Jake. 

Tyler Fromm... hes a WR. A rising Junior.

He left for Northside WR with Trey Hill? You sure it was 4* OT Trey Hill?

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Tyler Fromm... hes a WR. A rising Junior.

He left for Northside WR with Trey Hill? You sure it was 4* OT Trey Hill?

I had to go back and look and now Im not sure it was Trey Hill but Tyler Fromm and some other important player(Im assuming its Trey Hill) left. 

And they are gone to Warner Robins not Northside WR. 

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I had to go back and look and now Im not sure it was Trey Hill but Tyler Fromm and some other important player(Im assuming its Trey Hill) left. 

And they are gone to Warner Robins not Northside WR. 

Well if the fromm brothers and trey hill transferred to my alma mater (WRHS), then that's great! 

If Dylan Fromm is the starter at QB this season, he'll have someone to throw it to (Tyler Fromm) and two Division 1 offensive tackles (Trey Hill and Christian Armstrong) protecting him on the edges. 

Wasnt Warner Robins HC the OC at Houston Co. in 2015? Houston Co. did seem to be a little better in 2015 than 2016... maybe Chastain had a lot to do with that.

I guess I was looking at it as, NWR is an actual contender... I dont see Warner Robins contending even with the addition of those players. But we'll see.

25 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Wasnt Warner Robins HC the OC at Houston Co. in 2015? Houston Co. did seem to be a little better in 2015 than 2016... maybe Chastain had a lot to do with that.

I guess I was looking at it as, NWR is an actual contender... I dont see Warner Robins contending even with the addition of those players. But we'll see.

Usually Northside is always good, but they're somewhat in the rebuilding stage.

I know Newnan got Sandy Creeks HC Chip Walker... does anyone know if his son, Bryant Walker, is following him to Newnan?

If so, Newnan will be a force in 2017... they already have the talent, its just raw. Newnan has been known to pop up every so often for a year or 2 and have a  very good team. I see them as a constant player in 7A now with Chip Walker at the helm.

One of the more interesting HCing moves of the offseason. Really wish EC wouldve gotten him instead of John Small. Not sure what South Gwinnet ever did under small to warrant hiring their HC. They were decent last year, but nothing special.... especially relevant to their talent.

14 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I know Newnan got Sandy Creeks HC Chip Walker... does anyone know if his son, Bryant Walker, is following him to Newnan?

If so, Newnan will be a force in 2017... they already have the talent, its just raw. Newnan has been known to pop up every so often for a year or 2 and have a  very good team. I see them as a constant player in 7A now with Chip Walker at the helm.

One of the more interesting HCing moves of the offseason. Really wish EC wouldve gotten him instead of John Small. Not sure what South Gwinnet ever did under small to warrant hiring their HC. They were decent last year, but nothing special.... especially relevant to their talent.

who do you think woulda won: mill creek or roswell?

36 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

who do you think woulda won: mill creek or roswell?

I think there was a pretty clear order in the Top 4 in GA, and who would beat who...

Grayson > Roswell > Mill Creek > McEachern

You can argue 4 or 5 diff. teams after them

Roswells defense absolutely manhandled Graysons O for most of the game. Still cant believe Grayson won honestly bc for 3 quarters, Roswells D was doing what they wanted.

On 3/3/2017 at 7:20 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

What are the question marks with Colquitt? We'll see if we can help render some exclamatory marks to replace them question marks with!

I know, lot's of kids needing replaced. 

Lowndes is certainly the top of the mountain. They earned that spot the last couple of seasons for sure. Colquitt will be lucky to get by Camden with their new super-coach and Tift with their, whatever they have going on annually up there. 

:D

Rufus, is that you?  You left out the woe is me!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I think there was a pretty clear order in the Top 4 in GA, and who would beat who...

Grayson > Roswell > Mill Creek > McEachern

You can argue 4 or 5 diff. teams after them

Roswells defense absolutely manhandled Graysons O for most of the game. Still cant believe Grayson won honestly bc for 3 quarters, Roswells D was doing what they wanted.

I know right? I was just watching that game and was very impressed with Roswell's defense. 

One team that I think that they would match up well with is St. John Bosco. Roswell would win that game because they'd only have to key in on Re-al Mitchell, and he's primarily a runner. 

Mill Creek has a very good D-Line, so them vs Roswell would be a toss up in my opinion.

59 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I think Valdosta had to replace 1 or 2 games. 

Wayne County was a quick add on because Fitzgerald Dropped Wayne and they needed a game. 

And Central has been playing them for 6 years now. I believe that contract is up.... 

So any word on the replacement games? 

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Nope... thats speculation.... Id like to hope Wayne and Central got dropped..... but this is Valdosta we're talking about

Yeah I would like to see a marquee non region game or two on their schedule. 

And why in the hell are they scrimmaging Lowndes for their spring game? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2017 at 9:58 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

After what happened last year I wouldve ditched columbia...

The weather was bad.... ok I get that.... 

Hut if you where g9nna cancel then you shouldve canceled and stayed home. But you canceled and went to Jacksonville to play TCA.... if you can go to Jacksonville you might as well go to Camden.... 

I feel like that was a low blow....

We not playing Camden this year

17 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

And take shots at us all you want even though I've seen teams do worse and get a free pass 

Anytime Columbia does something good it gets undermined 

Anytime we do something questionable we get crucified for it 

I dont understand something I have nothing against you and honestly Im not mad. More Baffled.... you cancel the game with Camden because of the weather Perfectly Understandable no argument there.... but then you go to Jacksonville the next day to play TCA? 

If you're going to Jacksonville you might as well play Camden.