I called it

Columbiafan

25 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

LSU's offense sputtered because their QB was not equipped to go up against the Bama defense. His release was not quick enough and he lacked both the speed and physicality to get things done with his legs. 

A kid like UCF's QB, McKenzie M, undersized and all, with the right offensive line, would be better equipped to give Bama's defense problems. 

Drew Lock, who might be the first QB drafted this year looked like a high school QB vs Alabama.

LSU's QB stats were just as good as a future NFL 1st rounder...just sayin'.

Better have a great OL and RB's who are not scared to block.

47 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Sure have been hearing Dylan Moses' name being called in these Bama games. I remember seeing your posts of him running track when he was in 8th grade there in Louisiana. He looked much bigger and older than the other kids, kinda like an Uncle Drew character. 

You can't keep 'em all, but he would look good in the hometown colors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Drew Lock, who might be the first QB drafted this year looked like a high school QB vs Alabama.

He's also not working with equal talent to compete against that Bama defense. Burrow is working with 3 star to 5 star WR's and skill guys.

Mizzou skill guys and LSU skill guys are much different. LSU gets 3, 4 and 5 star recruits. Sometimes the 3 star recruit is better, but most of the time they're not. Mizzou has to hope their 3 star guys are great. LSU, Bama, Florida etc....... Don't.

Mizzou skill guys

NR Jonathan Johnson

3 star Jalen Knox

3 star Richaud Floyd

3 star Larry Rountree(Only offered by BC and Mizzou from Power 5 schools)

How do you think Tua would do with that talent playing against the Bama defense?

35 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Sure have been hearing Dylan Moses' name being called in these Bama games. I remember seeing your posts of him running track when he was in 8th grade there in Louisiana. He looked much bigger and older than the other kids, kinda like an Uncle Drew character. 

You can't keep 'em all, but he would look good in the hometown colors.

Alabama has 5 starters from Louisiana and all 5 would start at LSU this year..

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

He's also not working with equal talent to compete against that Bama defense. Burrow is working with 3 star to 5 star WR's and skill guys.

Mizzou skill guys and LSU skill guys are much different. LSU gets 3, 4 and 5 star recruits. Sometimes the 3 star recruit is better, but most of the time they're not. Mizzou has to hope their 3 star guys are great. LSU, Bama, Florida etc....... Don't.

Mizzou skill guys

NR Jonathan Johnson

3 star Jalen Knox

3 star Richaud Floyd

3 star Larry Rountree(Only offered by BC and Mizzou from Power 5 schools)

How do you think Tua would do with that talent playing against the Bama defense?

You make it sound like Landry and Beckham are starting at LSU.

LSU's 2 5* WRs are true freshman this year. Names for next year possibly.

LSU's to go guy this year is a low 3*.

...and it doesn't matter truly.

gumps on a different level.

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You make it sound like Landry and Beckham are starting at LSU.

LSU's 2 5* WRs are true freshman this year. Names for next year possibly.

LSU's to go guy this was a low 3*.

...and it doesn't matter truly.

gumps on a different level.

That's not what I said clown. I said that LSU gets 3, 4 and 5 star guys, and unlike Mizzou who has to hope for their 3 star guys to turn out(Cause that's all they really get) as great college players, LSU doesn't. LSU gets to lean on 4 and 5 star guys throughout their line up

6 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

That's not what I said clown. I said that LSU gets 3, 4 and 5 star guys, and unlike Mizzou who has to hope for their 3 star guys to turn out(Cause that's all they really get) as great college players, LSU doesn't. LSU gets to lean on 4 and 5 star guys throughout their line up

Not much difference in 3* and 4* stars truthfully. Both normally have great offers.

Now you are making Missouri into Tulane...

Just stop...

Lock, looked like a high school QB vs Alabama.....most will.

Mizzou would have 3 star guys where LSU has 4 star guys and 2 star guys where LSU has 3 star guys. That's the difference. Something HSFBfan doesn't take into account when talking about players and beating teams with a lot more talent. Number 1 factor in College football is the recruiting than the coaching. 70-80 percent is gathering talent in College football, and the other 20-30 percent is coaching. The NFL has a higher percentage of coaching needed, that 's why Saban had to go back to college football. He doesn't have a huge talent edge like he does at Bama because of his recruiting. Good coach, but not some great scheming coach.

LSU WR's

3 Stars

Jonathan Giles

Justin Jefferson

4 stars

Anderson Dee

Stephen Sullivan

Dillon Derrick

Jemarr Chase(4 star Starting frosh)

Kenan Jones

5 Stars

Terrance Marshall(Frosh)

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Not much difference in 3* and 4* stars truthfully. Both normally have great offers.

Now you are making Missouri into Tulane...

Just stop...

Lock, looked like a high school QB vs Alabama.....most will.

There's huge differences on average. Most 3 star guys are bench warmers at power 5 schools(Power schools like Bama, USC etc), and the 4 star guys are the starters.  There's a reason for that

If there's no difference, LSU, Bama, USC etc..... should all get the 3 star guys and let the Kentucky's of the world get the 4 star guys.

• Haha 1

I guarantee you if College football had a draft selection for incoming high school football players, the same coaches wouldn't win every year, because the talent would be spread out evenly. You wouldn't have Bama, LSU, Ohio State etc...... dominating. We'd actually see who the real coaches are, and not the best recruiters at top schools.

Same goes for H.S. football currently. Jason Negro isn't the best coach in Cali, nor is Rollinson IMO(I'd take Logan in a heart beat over those two), but Negro and Rollinson have much better talent. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

LSU's offense sputtered because their QB was not equipped to go up against the Bama defense. His release was not quick enough and he lacked both the speed and physicality to get things done with his legs. 

A kid like UCF's QB, McKenzie M, undersized and all, with the right offensive line, would be better equipped to give Bama's defense problems. 

Spot on.  Like I said on another thread a while ago, I do not get the love for Burrows.  I get that he is all heart and what not, but mosdef not a great QB.  Give me Jalen  Hurts any day of the week over him. 

• Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, steeler01 said:

I guarantee you if College football had a draft selection for incoming high school football players, the same coaches wouldn't win every year, because the talent would be spread out evenly. You wouldn't have Bama, LSU, Ohio State etc...... dominating. We'd actually see who the real coaches are, and not the best recruiters at top schools.

Same goes for H.S. football currently. Jason Negro isn't the best coach in Cali, nor is Rollinson IMO(I'd take Logan in a heart beat over those two), but Negro and Rollinson have much better talent. 

Now that would be cool to see.  A NCAAF Draft.  Would take weeks to complete, but would mosdef would allow for some parity for the first time ever.  

• Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, RedZone said:

RZ, to be honest, and this is the first time I ever saw LSU's QB play, as I am not a huge College football fan, he just looked flat out outmatched against Bama. Now maybe this was because Bama is that good, or to some degree because the line was not buying him enough time. However, from this one game, he did not look NFL caliber to me. 

19 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Spot on.  Like I said on another thread a while ago, I do not get the love for Burrows.  I get that he is all heart and what not, but mosdef not a great QB.  Give me Jalen  Hurts any day of the week over him. 

The real issue is Bama completely bent over LSU's running game.   That hadn't happened this year by anyone, so it was a surprise IMO.   Burrows is a game manager, not a guy who can lead a comeback with no running game.  LSU had to keep it within a score to have a chance, and they didn't lol. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steeler01 said:

There's huge differences on average. Most 3 star guys are bench warmers at power 5 schools(Power schools like Bama, USC etc), and the 4 star guys are the starters.  There's a reason for that

If there's no difference, LSU, Bama, USC etc..... should all get the 3 star guys and let the Kentucky's of the world get the 4 star guys.

Lately the star ratings have been a bit off in the South E IMO.  There is a lot of lazy evals going on.   That's the one thing that Bama is incredible at....their player evaluation.   Whenever I find a gem 3*ish player in FL or SE,  I'll check to see their offers and often I see Alabama offering with the likes of the FAU's and UCF's of the world.    THEN the ratings and offers adjust.    Their support staff is crazy.  

8 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

You would take Burrows over Hurts?

Yes, But neither would have success against bama’s d. Hurts CANNOT throw.

Look how Bama opened up against Lsu .... I feel like first 10–12 plays were passing plays. You Can’t do that w Jalen. Tua makes Bama almost unstoppable. This is Saban’s best/well rounded Alabama team. 

Saban was a scumbag though this past offseason. He knew tua would start and didn’t let Jalen really look at better options if he wanted to play this year by transferring so nick said competition was open even though it wasn’t.

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

Yes, But neither would have success against bama’s d. Hurts CANNOT throw.

Look how Bama opened up against Lsu .... I feel like first 10–12 plays were passing plays. You Can’t do that w Jalen. Tua makes Bama almost unstoppable. This is Saban’s best/well rounded Alabama team. 

Saban was a scumbag though this past offseason. He knew tua would start and didn’t let Jalen really look at better options if he wanted to play this year by transferring so nick said competition was open even though it wasn’t.

Jalen has to have done something right over the last couple years.  Dude only lost I think 1 or 2 games as a starter.  I would take Jalen.

• Thumbs Down 1