Folsom defeats Cathedral for 2nd Straight State Title- 4th in 8 years!

TheHotisBlock

7 hours ago, TheHotisBlock said:

Anyone have anything to offer on the match up?

They are the reciprocal of Fresno Central.  The offense is less capable than the defense.

They are well coached, disciplined, and well conditioned. The linemen don’t have guts and look more like tight ends.

Offensively they run the most complex run blocking scheme I have seen.  Operate from behind center usually with single setback. The passing plays are not as frequent as most teams and slow developing. They don’t have a lot in in the way of downfield threats.

Defensively they defend the run well and the dink and duck stuff.  They are vulnerable up top.  It’s like getting attacked by piranhas, instead of a school of sharks.

This team has not played anyone near the level of Folsom and is not equipped to play from behind.

Once Folsom goes up 14-0, the floodgates could open and it could get as ugly as the Folsom Oceanside game. 

More competitively appropriate opponents might be Pitt, Liberty, Fresno from NorCal.  

The other games will be more compelling for those that prefer not to see blowouts.

• Like 2

Just now, On2whls said:

They are the reciprocal of Fresno Central.  The offense is less capable than the defense.

They are well coached, disciplined, and well conditioned. The linemen don’t have guts and look more like tight ends.

Offensively they run the most complex run blocking scheme I have seen.  Operate from behind center usually with single setback. The passing plays are not as frequent as most teams and slow developing. They don’t have a lot in in the way of downfield threats.

Defensively they defend the run well and the dink and duck stuff.  They are vulnerable up top.  It’s like getting attacked by piranhas, instead of a school of sharks.

This team has not played anyone near the level of Folsom and is not equipped to play from behind.

Once Folsom goes up 14-0, the floodgates could open and it could get as ugly as the Folsom Oceanside game. 

More competitively appropriate opponents might be Pitt, Liberty, Fresno from NorCal.  

The other games will be more compelling for those that prefer not to see blowouts.

I sincerely thank you for this post.

This is honestly the best and only break down I have gotten since I put up this thread.

Again- thank you. 

2 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

sincerely thank you for this post.

This is honestly the best and only break down I have gotten since I put up this thread.

Again- thank you. 

Forgot to mention, they have a kicker with a big leg.  Name is Janikowski, but no relation to Seabass.   Also, for those who prefer humility, these guys won’t dance around like a bunch of turkeys.  They’ll smack you as best they can on the field, but would probably lose the trash talk game.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

This was already posted on another thread previously.

Do you have anything to offer on this game or no?

And I am re-posting it. According to you, you seem to have the power to make fantasy games become reality, so it's just a reminder for you to make it happen so your boys can either: 

*Win and shut people up about your constant ducking

Or

*Lose and show that you just aren't good enough to beat the big dawgs quite yet

Either way, it would be a fun game to watch, so go talk your boys into it. #noexcuses

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TownBiz24 said:

And I am re-posting it. According to you, you seem to have the power to make fantasy games become reality, so it's just a reminder for you to make it happen so your boys can either: 

*Win and shut people up about your constant ducking

Or

*Lose and show that you just aren't good enough to beat the big dawgs quite yet

Either way, it would be a fun game to watch, so go talk your boys into it. #noexcuses

That is a lot of hot air, that frankly nobody cares about.

It was already posted and discussed. If you would like to troll, please revisit the original thread where it was posted. 

This thread is about the 1AA title game. Do you have anything to offer on the game?

14 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

That is a lot of hot air, that frankly nobody cares about.

It was already posted and discussed. If you would like to troll, please revisit the original thread where it was posted. 

This thread is about the 1AA title game. Do you have anything to offer on the game?

I Can Offer that watching Folsom Blow out another Unimpressive Lower Division 1-AA Team, is Something Nobody Cares About...

San Diego in an Upset by 17....

2 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I am not Surprised.... Nobody Cares about Lower Level Division 1-AA So Cal Football... Even So Cal Doesn't Care.... :) 

There’s very little if any participation from SD folks in general on this forum.  Now, on the tuna fishing forums, totally different story.  San Diego offshore destroys anywhere else in CA.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

There’s very little if any participation from SD folks in general on this forum.  Now, on the tuna fishing forums, totally different story.  San Diego offshore destroys anywhere else in CA.

Ha!!!.... Forsure!!... I Luv San Diego, I lived down there and will be down for X-Mas!....

Great Local HSFB scene and vibe down there, but no super teams coming anytime soon!!!.... Lots of talent over the years kids tend to stay at their schools not a lot of Transfers.... 

Oceanside used to be the gold standard, private’s like Madison and CC have done very well and Helix, Torry Pines and Mission San Marcos are Consistant  teams... All public’s though... The private’s really don’t care down there....😁

That is why I don’t see them being SS D1 Types of teams ever though...  The private’s don’t care about Football on that level... For the public’s, Helix Has good coaching and good program but doesn’t care about transfers so they go up and down....

Ocenside used to be the team that could compete year in and year out... But ever since their legendary Coach John Carrol Retired the program has not been the same.... I think that has to do with the change in Oceanside which used to have a heavy Polonysian population.... Who can’t forget the great #55 Junior Seau!!!

Unfortunatly Now that population is shrinking due to the gentrification of the area and maybe there is a correlation to the decline of the Local Football program.....

I know you didn’t ask for all that but I figured I would give my take on 619 or 760 HSFB anyway!....🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Ha!!!.... Forsure!!... I Luv San Diego, I lived down there and will be down for X-Mas!....

Great Local HSFB scene and vibe down there, but no super teams coming anytime soon!!!.... Lots of talent over the years kids tend to stay at their schools not a lot of Transfers.... 

Oceanside used to be the gold standard, private’s like Madison and CC have done very well and Helix, Torry Pines and Mission San Marcos are Consistant  teams... All public’s though... The private’s really don’t care down there....😁

That is why I don’t see them being SS D1 Types of teams ever though...  The private’s don’t care about Football on that level... For the public’s, Helix Has good coaching and good program but doesn’t care about transfers so they go up and down....

Ocenside used to be the team that could compete year in and year out... But ever since their legendary Coach John Carrol Retired the program has not been the same.... I think that has to do with the change in Oceanside which used to have a heavy Polonysian population.... Who can’t forget the great #55 Junior Seau!!!

Unfortunatly Now that population is shrinking due to the gentrification of the area and maybe there is a correlation to the decline of the Local Football program.....

I know you didn’t ask for all that but I figured I would give my take on 619 or 760 HSFB anyway!....🤣🤣

SD Highs Schools play some good baseball.

I’m with you though, SD is a great city. Love it down there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bestcoast said:

SD knows it’s a participation game

Ha!!!!.... And they Really Don’t care!!!!...🤣🤣🤣...

Best team ever down there was the Helix Team with Alex Smith and Reggie Bush!!!... That team and those dudes are so revered that they are in the San Diego Sports HOF... It’s pretty cool to see!!