Folsom defeats Cathedral for 2nd Straight State Title- 4th in 8 years!

TheHotisBlock

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Do you mean that some losses are better or worse than others?

Keep those bullshit value judgments to yourself. 

No that’s not what I mean

anyone who has ever played a competitive sport doesn’t need an explanation to what that meaning is.

all losses are not equal 

6 minutes ago, Exocet 98 said:

Somehow the CIF Norcal continues to allows Folsom to hide for years in D2 after mulitply D1AA  Championships. The CIF SS moved Mission Viejo to D1 Open after one SBG D1AA win.  Why cannot the clear #2 ranked team not be in the same Open Playoffs as DLS ?!

I Agree with you 100% On this, Our Nor Cal System is Broken... Except for 1 Team and that is Folsom... You are watching the "Folsom Rule" working to perfection.... Folsom Does not ever have to Play DLS to go to a Bowl Game, instead they get to pick and choose when they play DLS in the regular season in a 'No Lose" game for Folsom... If Folsom wins, they go to the Open, If they Lose, they still play for 1-AA... It is a Joke...

Nor Cal Needs to bring Back the Open Regional...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

I disagree that the NorCal CIF bring back the Open Qualifying game UNLESS they allow the loser to continue to compete in a D1 Bowl with the loss, IF they are still the second best team.  SoCal has the ludicrous rule: Bosco, Cen10 etc. being done after the Open elimination, and then having to send a lesser team (Cathedral, Helix, Oside, etc.) to the D1AA Bowl.  I'm a Bulldog fan, and a change in SoCal certainly would not work to the Devil's favor, but we'd all be able to see a better brand of football.

2 minutes ago, DogPile said:

I disagree that the NorCal CIF bring back the Open Qualifying game UNLESS they allow the loser to continue to compete in a D1 Bowl with the loss, IF they are still the second best team.  SoCal has the ludicrous rule: Bosco, Cen10 etc. being done after the Open elimination, and then having to send a lesser team (Cathedral, Helix, Oside, etc.) to the D1AA Bowl.  I'm a Bulldog fan, and a change in SoCal certainly would not work to the Devil's favor, but we'd all be able to see a better brand of football.

I hear what you're saying. I don't know how realistic it is, but why not have a Pac-5 type playoff in both the south and the north, and then have the winners play each other for the Open and the runner-ups play for the D1. Something like that. 

15 minutes ago, DogPile said:

Why does the Loser have to Move on?... Shouldn’t the Best Teams play for the top spot?....  

The D1-AA bowl is for the teams that do not compete for the Open Like San Diego Teams...

It works for Folsom though, Brcause Folsom’s worst nightmare is playing DLS to get to a bowl game.....

Your Coach wants none of that.... 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I hear what you're saying. I don't know how realistic it is, but why not have a Pac-5 type playoff in both the south and the north, and then have the winners play each other for the Open and the runner-ups play for the D1. Something like that. 

The problem is with the sections, you can’t do it in Nor Cal the Same way, that is why you have to have an Open Regional....

If we are all Honest up here in Nor Cal the reason we wont do it because No One Especially Folsom, wants their shot at a Bowl game to go through DLS....

Nor Cal Coaches Know, Especially Folsom, that the 1-AA team we send will Struggle with the San Diego team... San Diego Teams hold Several Lower Division Bowl types of titles and have no desire to compete for the open....

Folsom is the only Nor Cal team who cares about the open, but that is only once every 5 years when they have a loaded team.... It is mainly the “Carnival Barker” and the the other Folsom  Spin Dudes on this site who have a way over inflated opinion of Folsom that try to make them Open worthy.... Folsom’s Coach never talks about the Open being a goal so I don’t think they care enogh to play a “win or go home” game with DLS...

My guess is Folsom’s Coach is perfectly happy where he is at... He never has to put one of his “Loaded Teams” bowl births on the line against DLS... it is a perfect situation.....

“The Folsom Rule” is working to perfection and The Coach gets to wave to everyone in the Parade....Life couldn’t be better on the Blue Turf..... 

I am using Folsom as an example, but I would bet the Other Section Coaches feel the same way....

I know you didn’t ask for all that, but I am buzzed after the office x-mas party so there’s that....🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

The problem is with the sections, you can’t do it in Nor Cal the Same way, that is why you have to have an Open Regional....

If we are all Honest up here in Nor Cal the reason we wont do it because No One Especially Folsom, wants their shot at a Bowl game to go through DLS....

Nor Cal Coaches Know, Especially Folsom, that the 1-AA team we send will Struggle with the San Diego team... San Diego Teams hold Several Lower Division Bowl types of titles and have no desire to compete for the open....

Folsom is the only Nor Cal team who cares about the open, but that is only once every 5 years when they have a loaded team.... It is mainly the “Carnival Barker” and the the other Folsom  Spin Dudes on this site who have a way over inflated opinion of Folsom that try to make them Open worthy.... Folsom’s Coach never talks about the Open being a goal so I don’t think they care enogh to play a “win or go home” game with DLS...

My guess is Folsom’s Coach is perfectly happy where he is at... He never has to put one of his “Loaded Teams” bowl births on the line against DLS... it is a perfect situation.....

“The Folsom Rule” is working to perfection and The Coach gets to wave to everyone in the Parade....Life couldn’t be better on the Blue Turf..... 

I am using Folsom as an example, but I would bet the Other Section Coaches feel the same way....

I know you didn’t ask for all that, but I am buzzed after the office x-mas party so there’s that....🤣🤣🤣

after-my-fourth-whiskey-i-heard-it-whisper-now-is-3565844.png

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, DogPile said:

The expectation is that the best team play in the Open, 2nd best in D1AA and 3rd in D1A.  It just makes sense to me.  Truthfully, I don't think that Coach Rich. has any desire to play IMG style football factories.  I know that I wouldn't.

Hmmm, maybe So Ca can realign to have Orange Co, LA county, and Riverside County as sections.  MD vs DLS, SJB vs Folsom, Cen10 vs Liberty.  I guess that would have been an equitable arrangement.

3 hours ago, DogPile said:

Nope.com/thisisnttheEU

this is football...there is no 3rd place games...this ain’t soccer

#gobacktofrancewiththatish

49 minutes ago, DogPile said:

The expectation is that the best team play in the Open, 2nd best in D1AA and 3rd in D1A.  It just makes sense to me.  Truthfully, I don't think that Coach Rich. has any desire to play IMG style football factories.  I know that I wouldn't.

And If I were Coach Richardson I wouldn't Change a thing either... I would keep my 'No Lose" Path to a Lower Level Bowl game and not have to beat the Top Team in My Region to move on... 

"But I will continue to run up the score on teams that have no chance of beating my team".... Pretty Weak Dude, I thought you would be able to bring a better conversation about your team...

We have all been dealing with "That Dude Block" and could use a better voice for the Folsom program on this board... Folsom is fortunate to have  @Extremely Humble, @Pops, and @ThunderRam who are doing their best to make respectable argument's for their team, but no one who is legitimately close to the program... 

I have an honest question for you, what do you think of "That Dude Block" that comes on every message board and "Carnival Barks" about Folsom?... Do you agree with him?... Is that The Image that Folsom is trying to put out there?... Is he actually as close to the program as he claims?....

I am asking you all of this, because you have said you are a Coach or Former Coach and are close to the program... So what is the real deal with Folsom Dude??... Help us all Out Brother!.... :) 

51 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

And If I were Coach Richardson I wouldn't Change a thing either... I would keep my 'No Lose" Path to a Lower Level Bowl game and not have to beat the Top Team in My Region to move on... 

"But I will continue to run up the score on teams that have no chance of beating my team".... Pretty Weak Dude, I thought you would be able to bring a better conversation about your team...

We have all been dealing with "That Dude Block" and could use a better voice for the Folsom program on this board... Folsom is fortunate to have  @Extremely Humble, @Pops, and @ThunderRam who are doing their best to make respectable argument's for their team, but no one who is legitimately close to the program... 

I have an honest question for you, what do you think of "That Dude Block" that comes on every message board and "Carnival Barks" about Folsom?... Do you agree with him?... Is that The Image that Folsom is trying to put out there?... Is he actually as close to the program as he claims?....

I am asking you all of this, because you have said you are a Coach or Former Coach and are close to the program... So what is the real deal with Folsom Dude??... Help us all Out Brother!.... :) 

Bro. Be advised that block is a sneaky little bastard. That’s why I’m always skeptical of any new Folsom posters. I’m pretty confident that I have identified most of his personalities. He’s got literally 6-7 profiles. And not all are “Folsom fans”. I think it’s funny that he calls others out for creating multiple profiles to troll🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

Bro. Be advised that block is a sneaky little bastard. That’s why I’m always skeptical of any new Folsom posters. I’m pretty confident that I have identified most of his personalities. He’s got literally 6-7 profiles. And not all are “Folsom fans”. I think it’s funny that he calls others out for creating multiple profiles to troll🤣

Do you remember this one?

C9074698-18C5-438E-8295-E045A8E5613E.thumb.jpeg.2f629ce8e81044b87ff5cf6fae326c67.jpeg

Pretending to be someone someone’s father is just sick

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

Hmmm, maybe So Ca can realign to have Orange Co, LA county, and Riverside County as sections.  MD vs DLS, SJB vs Folsom, Cen10 vs Liberty.  I guess that would have been an equitable arrangement.

You have 2 NCS teams and only one SJS 

you’re missing CCS — ie Palo Alto 

10 hours ago, On2whls said:

They can play in the shame bowls

Well, CC has actually played in 5 SBGs so you may not be in much of a position to be empathetic 

CC made a lot more SBGs from socal than they would have made as an NCS team (1)

and, no offense, but unless something changes you’re not making another anytime soon (could say same thing about DLS and winning open)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pops said:

and, no offense, but unless something changes you’re not making another anytime soon (could say same thing about DLS and winning open)

No offense taken.  I understand the challenges Cen10 faces.  Winning the open title is no small thing in a state the size of CA with the number of good teams there are, but can’t look backwards.  The impact of the changes to transfer rules hasn’t been fully felt yet.  Everyone will have to adapt.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...