College football recruiting: 2018 Early Signing Period Thread

RedZone

Im happy with Dean. I wanted Sanders too but we just got in on him too late.

If we (UGA) can get CB Tyrique Stevenson, Ill be happy with this class & thatll lock up the #2 class behind Bama.

We really needed another RB besides Kenny McIntosh... Hopefully Elijah Holyfield sticks around 1 more year.  Because who knows if Zamir White will ever be the same tearing his right & left ACLs in back to back years.... Youth is on his side though.

Our defensive front 7 got much better landing the #1 DE & #1 overall player Nolan Smith, the #1 JuCo player WDE Jermaine Johnson, the #1 ILB Nakobe Dean, the #2 DT Travon Walker, #4 OLB Rian Davis, #7 ILB Trezman Marshall, & the #10 SDE Bill Norton.

21 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Im happy with Dean. I wanted Sanders too but we just got in on him too late.

If we (UGA) can get CB Tyrique Stevenson, Ill be happy with this class & thatll lock up the #2 class behind Bama.

We really needed another RB besides Kenny McIntosh... Hopefully Elijah Holyfield sticks around 1 more year.  Because who knows if Zamir White will ever be the same tearing his right & left ACLs in back to back years.... Youth is on his side though.

Our defensive front 7 got much better landing the #1 DE & #1 overall player Nolan Smith, the #1 JuCo player WDE Jermaine Johnson, the #1 ILB Nakobe Dean, the #2 DT Travon Walker, #4 OLB Rian Davis, #7 ILB Trezman Marshall, & the #10 SDE Bill Norton.

Chester graves #2 wde has alabama on his list. 

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Sospher will be huge get for one of us

We have to get these two......

Devonta Lee, Amite, Wide Receiver - 247Sports.com

Ishmael Sopsher, Amite, Defensive Tackle - 247Sports

You know Alabama signed an Amite kid last year, DeVonta Smith who is doing big things for gump. That may hurt us with one of these guys.  Hopefully we get one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RedZone said:

Huge LSU news. LSU picks up a commitment from Utah's #1 prospect. DT Siaki Ika from East High School....

https://247sports.com/Player/Siaki-Ika-46040395/

Fear the Tiger!

LSU lands 4-star defensive tackle Siaki Ika

https://www.nola.com/lsu/2018/12/lsu-lands-4-star-defensive-tackle-siaki-ika.html

Big!

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

We have to get these two......

Devonta Lee, Amite, Wide Receiver - 247Sports.com

Ishmael Sopsher, Amite, Defensive Tackle - 247Sports

You know Alabama signed an Amite kid last year, DeVonta Smith who is doing big things for gump. That may hurt us with one of these guys.  Hopefully we get one.

Thankfully we have that barber on our side!

4 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

So much for your Harbaugh will never get it done at Michigan because he can't beat OSU narrative. Seems like his top 5 recruiting class begs to differ. 😊

Means nothing. Until he does anything on the field his recruiting classes mean nothing. His road got easier with meyer retiring. That was the only way hell ever win anything if he actually does win anything. 

Michigan recruiting class ranks 8th according to 247

20 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I mean, he hasn’t gotten it done so far. 

He's done a lot since he's gotten to Ann Arbor. 3 out of 4 10 wins seasons is not nothing. The program had toiled in mediocrity for several years before he got there. If he wins the bowl game then that will be 3 Top 10 finishes in his 4 tears there. Pretty impressive.

These numbers all clearly show that he's put Michigan back among the elites. Has he won a natty title or beat OSU yet? No. But neither has almost any school not named Alabama since he's been there. I guess it depends on your interpretation of he hasn't gotten it done so far but seems to me like he's getting it done on and off the field.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Means nothing. Until he does anything on the field his recruiting classes mean nothing. His road got easier with meyer retiring. That was the only way hell ever win anything if he actually does win anything. 

Michigan recruiting class ranks 8th according to 247

And #1 recruiting class in the B10 according to ESPN rankings ahead of OSU. It's not his fault Meyer retired. Seems like he's just getting this thing rolling.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

He's done a lot since he's gotten to Ann Arbor. 3 out of 4 10 wins seasons is not nothing. The program had toiled in mediocrity for several years before he got there. If he wins the bowl game then that will be 3 Top 10 finishes in his 4 tears there. Pretty impressive.

These numbers all clearly show that he's put Michigan back among the elites. Has he won a natty title or beat OSU yet? No. But neither has almost any school not named Alabama since he's been there. I guess it depends on your interpretation of he hasn't gotten it done so far but seems to me like he's getting it done on and off the field.

Michigan among the elites?? Come on man. Your elite when u have the rings. Meyer saban are the elites. 

Kirby has been more successful than JH

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Michigan among the elites?? Come on man. Your elite when u have the rings. Meyer saban are the elites. 

Kirby has been more successful than JH

I'm just saying he's in the discussion. Saban is on a different level than everyone else including Meyer. I would say annual top 10 finishes are pretty close to elite.

9 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

He's got that job as long as he wants it. Now let's see if he can beat OSU and get into the playoff. 

Without urban possibly. But than doesnt thay leave a sour taste in your mouth that you truly didn't beat the best.

Also big ten is looking to change things on who makes the big ten championship 

8 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

I'm just saying he's in the discussion. Saban is on a different level than everyone else including Meyer. I would say annual top 10 finishes are pretty close to elite.

I would say his team has overcome his coaching and won games. But than theres games like last year bowl game which leaves you head scratching. 

I believe he has a losing record against Michigan state and Ohio state. 

41 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

And #1 recruiting class in the B10 according to ESPN rankings ahead of OSU. It's not his fault Meyer retired. Seems like he's just getting this thing rolling.

Ohio State has three 5-stars to Meatchicken's one.  And Ohio State's average signee is, on average, higher rated than Michigan's.

Pray that Haskins does indeed declare for the next draft.

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I would say his team has overcome his coaching and won games. But than theres games like last year bowl game which leaves you head scratching. 

I believe he has a losing record against Michigan state and Ohio state. 

It's his entire body of work. Not just those two teams. You're obsessed with that even though he's still among the best and his record and rankings bear that out. No sour taste. You can only play who's in front of you. If he wins it will be equally sweet for him. Urban or Sub-Urban.

Just now, concha said:

Ohio State has three 5-stars to Meatchicken's one.  And Ohio State's average signee is, on average, higher rated than Michigan's.

Pray that Haskins does indeed declare for the next draft.

I don't care about OSU. Your boy HSBFan clearly does though. I care that Harbaugh's got them back as a national power. If he beats OSU that's just the cherry on top.

6 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

I don't care about OSU. Your boy HSBFan clearly does though. I care that Harbaugh's got them back as a national power. If he beats OSU that's just the cherry on top.

They'll have a top ten this year IF they beat Florida. They are losing their big names on defense, btw. And Higdon.

Last year they were a Top 25 no show with 5 or 6 other B10 teams in the ranking or with votes.

In 2016 they were #10 and fourth of the Big Ten ranked teams.

In 2015 they were #12 and again the fourth place team from the Big Ten.

I'm struggling to see if they're even a Big Ten power.

17 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

It's his entire body of work. Not just those two teams. You're obsessed with that even though he's still among the best and his record and rankings bear that out. No sour taste. You can only play who's in front of you. If he wins it will be equally sweet for him. Urban or Sub-Urban.

Michigan cares about those 2 teams. Nobody else on the schedule matters anywhere near Ohio state and Michigan state.