Michelle Obama Princeton Thesis

Mjd33

47 minutes ago, ohio said:

I have no issue with this, as Harvard is a private institution and can accept who they want.   Now, him taking political science as a major......

Your joking right? You know they are being sued by the asian population because they are being forced to score higher than anyone else while this kid underscores by a lot and gets in. #doublestandard. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Your joking right? You know they are being sued by the asian population because they are being forced to score higher than anyone else while this kid underscores by a lot and gets in. #doublestandard. 

Higher education is not a right.  Harvard can accept who it wants to.  Now the Justice Department is putting their 2 cents in as well.

As you know, I'm a true capitalist.  I want to see as little Government in private enterprises as possible.  And yes, the Justice Department is the Government.

Let's let the courts decide if Harvard is committing discrimination based on race.

11 minutes ago, ohio said:

Higher education is not a right.  Harvard can accept who it wants to.  Now the Justice Department is putting their 2 cents in as well.

As you know, I'm a true capitalist.  I want to see as little Government in private enterprises as possible.  And yes, the Justice Department is the Government.

Let's let the courts decide if Harvard is committing discrimination based on race.

The asian population should win. Cant have a double standard 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

The asian population should win. Cant have a double standard 

We'll soon find out.  But you never know with courts.  On one hand there is discrimination of the Asian students based on standard admission requirements; on the other hand there is interfering with a private institutions right to accept who they want.

I'm on the side of the latter.  As I feel that capitalism wins out in the end.  Let's say that Harvard lets too many students in due to affirmative action and if these students lower its academic standards, and it falls behind other Ivy League schools; then it will have to make some changes or lose its prestige as being the top university in the nation.   In the end it will all work out, even if Yale or Brown pass them up.

Capitalism does work, no matter what the far left tells you.

33 minutes ago, ohio said:

We'll soon find out.  But you never know with courts.  On one hand there is discrimination of the Asian students based on standard admission requirements; on the other hand there is interfering with a private institutions right to accept who they want.

I'm on the side of the latter.  As I feel that capitalism wins out in the end.  Let's say that Harvard lets too many students in due to affirmative action and if these students lower its academic standards, and it falls behind other Ivy League schools; then it will have to make some changes or lose its prestige as being the top university in the nation.   In the end it will all work out, even if Yale or Brown pass them up.

I have to disagree with you on this. If harvard has standards than they must live up to them and accept only the students that meet those standards. He should not have been accepted due to his sat score which was not high enough for harvard standards. 

12 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I have to disagree with you on this. If harvard has standards than they must live up to them and accept only the students that meet those standards. He should not have been accepted due to his sat score which was not high enough for harvard standards. 

Why?  Standards are not law and not enforceable.

Than why have standards at all....every college can be like community college. Everyone gets in. I'm sure you understand how stupid that sounds. 

Were not going to agree at all

We, probably won't.  So, lets agree to disagree.

If I was the Chancellor of Yale or Cornell, I would be licking my chops as I would gladly take in the Asian kids that Harvard passed on.  It would make my school pass Harvard up as the top academic dog.  Plus if Harvard does too much affirmative action, then they might fall academically and be less desirable as a college choice.

To me it's not about fairness or standards, but about none Government interference in capitalism.

5 minutes ago, ohio said:

We, probably won't.  So, lets agree to disagree.

If I was the Chancellor of Yale or Cornell, I would be licking my chops as I would gladly take in the Asian kids that Harvard passed on.  It would make my school pass Harvard up as the top academic dog.  Plus if Harvard does too much affirmative action, then they might fall academically and be less desirable as a college choice.

To me it's not about fairness or standards, but about none Government interference in capitalism.

Life isnt fair I think we can all agree on that but I dont agree with affirmative action I dont agree with accepting someone because of legacy or namesake. I dont agree with letting someone in with lower scores when you demand higher scores from other people. 

Life isnt fair I think we can all agree on that but I dont agree with affirmative action I dont agree with accepting someone because of legacy or namesake. I dont agree with letting someone in with lower scores when you demand higher scores from other people. 

I understand where you are coming from.  But as you said, life is not fair.  Never was, never will be.  If it was, you should win the next Powerball jackpot and I should win the next Mega Millions jackpot.  LOL.

3 minutes ago, ohio said:

I understand where you are coming from.  But as you said, life is not fair.  Never was, never will be.  If it was, you should win the next Powerball jackpot and I should win the next Mega Millions jackpot.  LOL.

Obv me and you and many others would love to wake up tomorrow and win those. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ohio said:

This is a fucking garbage take. 

8 hours ago, ohio said:

Why?  Standards are not law and not enforceable.

The 'great debate' that you two are at odds with, is NOT really about whether the schools 'standard' is correct...

The reason why HSFB 'should' be agreeing with you (and is not) is because your point of pivot was probably missed...

The point of pivot is really 'Public vs Private' …..(where your beliefs meet action/conclusion)

IE. you might have to agree that if all students 'dollars' were being taken by the school (in form of public taxes) then any of those students should expect an 'equal standard' to actually exist...…(where one does not presently at Harvard as proven) 

But the fact that they are a 'private business' is where you make your 'pivot leap' on believing that they can do what they like....

Now the funny thing is that if you were to phrase it properly, or if HSFB were to see the school as a 'business' (and not some 'public service'), he would most likely 'die fighting' for your side on this topic as he is a staunch believer in privacy rights...

The debate you need to query is ….Does Harvard provide a 'public service' or a private service....🤔

Now if you still want to say private....then you must support those 'private male only etc. dining halls' and such.....and your private 'Mara Lago' type country clubs as well......which is fine.....as long as you keep yourself  'consistent' ....

Most millennial types see Higher education as a 'public right' as that is all they have been told by politicians....That is your only real disconnect in the debate.......

9 hours ago, ohio said:

No need to wait on that one.....of course "Harvard is committing discrimination based on race".....by very definition 

The only thing we need to wait on any court for, is to decide whether it is 'legally' allowable given circumstances, or if they feel it 'justifiable'...therefore allowed to continue or not...

Bottom line is if you codify any 'advantage' for any class....then every other 'class' (not so advantaged) has a legitimate right to claim that the advantaged person (or student) is not as good as the one without the 'rule advantage'....

Sure there will be individual exceptions....But the fact of the matter is, when you codify advantage for groups, that group by it's very definition is less without the codification...

BOTTOM LINE: whether she likes it or not....Michelle O....is less of a 'Student', and less of a 'Princeton Graduate'.....as codified by Princeton..... and not as any 'prejudice' by any observer....

Pretty basic stuff...but people are always trying to fool themselves into believing that they are better than what they really are....      

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2018 at 10:03 AM, Mjd33 said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2008/02/michelle-obama-thesis-was-on-racial-divide-008642

So Dinesh D’Souza attacked Michelle this week after claiming  she was just as smart or smarter than all these powerful and successful people she has met. 

And he pointed at her illiterate and incoherent thesis at Princeton to prove the contrary. 

So I found it online and skimmed through half of it. And guess what it’s all about .... race and being black at Princeton.  Shocker huh? 

This affirmative action low life wasn’t comfortable at a predominantly white academic institution. 

Its such jumbled gibberish,  I can’t believe this would get a passing grade at even a Bergen community college. 

Heres a small tidbit: “Predominately White universities like Princeton are socially and academically designed to cater to the needs of the White students comprising the bulk of their enrollments,” she said. 

Skim through it and ask yourself is this Princeton material? Poor girl admitted to a top university solely based on her race can’t catch a break I guess. She’s just so oppressed. 

BTW her thesis was blocked to the public until after Barry won the presidency in 08. Gee I wonder why? 

first off, this is old news. 

second, WTF is wrong with you? 

3rd I and anyone paying attention or with a brain knows she is a racist. It's pretty common. (exhibit, starting a thread like this)

3 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I don't know that she is a racist.  What makes you think this?  

I had the same question...🤣

But then again I did not read the supposed thesis (would probably assume it to be an internet fake), and I never followed Michelle....

So what did I miss? 😐

Kind of odd for Nooner to say...🤔

56 minutes ago, Troll said:

I had the same question...🤣

But then again I did not read the supposed thesis (would probably assume it to be an internet fake), and I never followed Michelle....

So what did I miss? 😐

Kind of odd for Nooner to say...🤔

It looked like Noonereal intended it to be sarcasm.