Michelle Obama Princeton Thesis

Mjd33

6 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I’m Surprised someone who appreciates well thought out reasoning like yourself would defend such garbage. 

Surely you cannot be impressed with that paper? 

It is not a matter of her paper. It is the blatant racism you bring to this board. Sorry, but I have to call you out for what you are! 

33 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

It’s her’s Sherlock. 

Its making the rounds on the news cycle. If it wasn’t her’s, trust me she would of distanced herself as far as possible from that racist hit piece. 

That’s the difference bw you and me, I tend to question and critically think. I try to avoid group think and confirmation bias.  

you do know academic records are protected under FOIA.The student has to give permission for it to be released. 

Secondly, universities don’t keep academic coursework on file after one graduates, hell,  after grades are recorded. (I know I’ve been an instructor)   That’s very uncommon and to do it for over 29 years is UNNECESSARY. So how was it acquired?  But to you,  because it’s making the rounds on the internet it must be true.  

shes not going to chase down some silly internet bs, she’s too busy promoting her book.  

heres an experiment, if you went to college, go back to your university and see if they have on file any of your coursework or finals.  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

and you know her admissions status  how?  I’ll answer, you don’t.  But we do know she finished with honors.

Cut the white exceptionalism bs as if every white candidate is superlative.  They are not.  

Blacks and Hispanics get 100s of points added to their SATs that’s a fact. 

Asian Americans are deducted over a hundred points. Another fact. 

According to a 2009 book, “No Longer Separate, Not Yet Equal: Race and Class in Elite College Admission and Campus Life,” by Thomas J. Espenshade and Alexandria Walton Radford, a black student with an otherwise similar application to a white student receives the equivalent of a 310-point bump in SAT scores.

23 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

It is not a matter of her paper. It is the blatant racism you bring to this board. Sorry, but I have to call you out for what you are! 

It’s racist to point out her thesis paper isn’t Princeton material?  (which is undeniable btw) 

🤔 hmmm interesting. 

20 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Blacks and Hispanics get 100s of points added to their SATs that’s a fact. 

Asian Americans are deducted over a hundred points. Another fact. 

According to a 2009 book, “No Longer Separate, Not Yet Equal: Race and Class in Elite College Admission and Campus Life,” by Thomas J. Espenshade and Alexandria Walton Radford, a black student with an otherwise similar application to a white student receives the equivalent of a 310-point bump in SAT scores.

You speak in generalities.  IF true, it doesn’t mean a student won’t qualify from standard admission requirements  alone. A minority student can score higher in the SAT, ACT and have a higher GPA and still have admission points added for being a minority.  Not EVERY black is only admitted because of AA bump in points. But you make that assumption.  (Once again because I critically think this stuff, I have doubts on this as well as admissions have a very large part that is subjective that would be used instead of manipulating objective data such as suggested). 

23 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

An instructor that can’t admit that paper sucks? 

I don’t know it’s hers.  I’d have to read other papers as well to determine the baseline for what’s acceptable.  Was this a draft version, final draft? Who knows.

also, a thesis is typically coordinated in phases by a team of advisors. (Maybe Princeton does it differently for undergrad)  They advise on content, etc.  this is another reason why it’s a red flag when I see stuff like this on the net.   

2 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

To be fair no one ever claimed she was a genius.  In her defense how much original research and ideas are undergrads generating for their theses?  Most regurgitate whatever their professors tell them.  And most 21 year olds write like garbage anyway.  I know a few kids who went to Princeton - smart, but not brilliant, and their writing was probably on par with this.  Doing well in undergrad is memorization.

Nice point. I think almost anyone who continues to study and write would be embarrassed by the work she did as an undergrad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

It’s her’s Sherlock. 

Its making the rounds on the news cycle. If it wasn’t her’s, trust me she would of distanced herself as far as possible from that racist hit piece. 

"Hers" never takes an apostrophe. It's already possessive in form. 

You need a comma between "her's" and "Sherlock," since "Sherlock" is in the vocative.

And it's "would have," not "would of". "Of" is a preposition, not a helping verb. 

Are you sure you're qualified to evaluate essays? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

the AA references was to imply she didn’t belong.  She belonged and excelled.  

[...]

She may well have been admitted in large part because she was black and a woman. We don't know.

But as you say, she graduated with honors. So it's hard to make the case that she wasn't qualified or academically prepared to study at Princeton. 

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

Let’s crunch the analytics shall we? 

Melania is literate in both reading and writing in five different languages. 

You have proven NOT to be literate in writing English but let’s assume You can speak the language with no problem.

So by my calculation she’s only 900% more literate than an ignoramus like you! 

..."BE BEST"....LOL...

Just now, Belly Bob said:

She may well have been admitted in large part because she was black and a woman. We don't know.

But as you say, she graduated with honors. So it's hard to make the case that wasn't qualified or academically prepared to study at Princeton. 

And that’s really my point.  If the argument is a student isn’t qualified then I would expect them to struggle. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

You need a comma between "her's" and "Sherlock," since "Sherlock" is in the vocative.

And it's "would have," not "would of". "Of" is a preposition, not a helping verb. 

LMAO!!!

That is a fucking classic.  And Belly Bob gets a smiley face.  ☺️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

Are we evaluating grammar on a National HS football forum or the senior thesis of a Princeton undergrad who happens to be the former First Lady claiming to be “smarter” than top CEOs/world leaders?  

Fucking wise guy. 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

You speak in generalities.  IF true, it doesn’t mean a student won’t qualify from standard admission requirements  alone. A minority student can score higher in the SAT, ACT and have a higher GPA and still have admission points added for being a minority.  Not EVERY black is only admitted because of AA bump in points. But you make that assumption.  (Once again because I critically think this stuff, I have doubts on this as well as admissions have a very large part that is subjective that would be used instead of manipulating objective data such as suggested). 

This is complete fucking bullshit. 

Her HS guidance counselor told her to not even bother applying to Princeton. 

Translation.... the guidance counselor had no idea how much her scores would get bumped to due the color of her skin. 

Any other brain busters?