Michelle Obama Princeton Thesis

Mjd33

https://www.politico.com/story/2008/02/michelle-obama-thesis-was-on-racial-divide-008642

So Dinesh D’Souza attacked Michelle this week after claiming  she was just as smart or smarter than all these powerful and successful people she has met. 

And he pointed at her illiterate and incoherent thesis at Princeton to prove the contrary. 

So I found it online and skimmed through half of it. And guess what it’s all about .... race and being black at Princeton.  Shocker huh? 

This affirmative action low life wasn’t comfortable at a predominantly white academic institution. 

Its such jumbled gibberish,  I can’t believe this would get a passing grade at even a Bergen community college. 

Heres a small tidbit: “Predominately White universities like Princeton are socially and academically designed to cater to the needs of the White students comprising the bulk of their enrollments,” she said. 

Skim through it and ask yourself is this Princeton material? Poor girl admitted to a top university solely based on her race can’t catch a break I guess. She’s just so oppressed. 

BTW her thesis was blocked to the public until after Barry won the presidency in 08. Gee I wonder why? 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

I did start to read it and I have to agree it’s a tough read and a bad paper. I will need to finish it and read the whole thing. But so far from what I’ve read if this is Ivy League material, yikes. When I read this astute and keen observation I felt dumber for reading it:

“The more the individual spends time with a group of people, the more the individual will be familiar with that group of people.”

To be fair I don’t think anyone has ever claimed she is a very smart and I have never gotren that impression. To me it’s more of a shock on Princeton and how this would even qualify for a passing grade?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I did start to read it and I have to agree it’s a tough read and a bad paper. I will need to finish it and read the whole thing. But so far from what I’ve read if this is Ivy League material, yikes. When I read this astute and keen observation I felt dumber for reading it:

“The more the individual spends time with a group of people, the more the individual will be familiar with that group of people.”

To be fair I don’t think anyone has ever claimed she is a very smart and I have never gotren that impression. To me it’s more of a shock on Princeton and how this would even qualify for a passing grade?

I think it was stated....affirmative action at its finest 

2 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2008/02/michelle-obama-thesis-was-on-racial-divide-008642

So Dinesh D’Souza attacked Michelle this week after claiming  she was just as smart or smarter than all these powerful and successful people she has met. 

And he pointed at her illiterate and incoherent thesis at Princeton to prove the contrary. 

So I found it online and skimmed through half of it. And guess what it’s all about .... race and being black at Princeton.  Shocker huh? 

This affirmative action low life wasn’t comfortable at a predominantly white academic institution. 

Its such jumbled gibberish,  I can’t believe this would get a passing grade at even a Bergen community college. 

Heres a small tidbit: “Predominately White universities like Princeton are socially and academically designed to cater to the needs of the White students comprising the bulk of their enrollments,” she said. 

Skim through it and ask yourself is this Princeton material? Poor girl admitted to a top university solely based on her race can’t catch a break I guess. She’s just so oppressed. 

BTW her thesis was blocked to the public until after Barry won the presidency in 08. Gee I wonder why? 

were you able to find Melania's thesis on posing nude for a buck?....:$

• Haha 3

She graduated in 1985, cum laude, so her cummulative performance at Princeton was noteworthy.  

beyond maintaining transcripts why would a University keep course level work for each student?  And this was well before PCs were common so the likelihood that her Sr thesis would be kept on file for 30 years seems unrealistic and unnecessary.    

• Thanks 2

To be fair no one ever claimed she was a genius.  In her defense how much original research and ideas are undergrads generating for their theses?  Most regurgitate whatever their professors tell them.  And most 21 year olds write like garbage anyway.  I know a few kids who went to Princeton - smart, but not brilliant, and their writing was probably on par with this.  Doing well in undergrad is memorization.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

But she still graduated with honors, they cant excuse that away. 

Dude, you went to college.  Be honest.  Undergrad is all about memorization.  Cum laude just means she memorized and spit out things better than most of her classmates.  

She went to Harvard Law and worked at Sidley Austin.  That is much more impressive.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Dude, you went to college.  Be honest.  Undergrad is all about memorization.  Cum laude just means she memorized and spit out things better than most of her classmates.  

She went to Harvard Law and worked at Sidley Austin.  That is much more impressive.

the AA references was to imply she didn’t belong.  She belonged and excelled.  

I’m still skeptical her undergrad thesis was on file at the University this many years later.  

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

I agree overall. However, it depends on where you went to school, and, more importantly, what you majored in. There are several undergrad degrees that are extremely rigorous and require a lot of very complex theoretical work.

Of course, these are not the programs of study typically pursued by your average student (and that includes average Ivy League student). 

45 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

To be fair no one ever claimed she was a genius.  In her defense how much original research and ideas are undergrads generating for their theses?  Most regurgitate whatever their professors tell them.  And most 21 year olds write like garbage anyway.  I know a few kids who went to Princeton - smart, but not brilliant, and their writing was probably on par with this.  Doing well in undergrad is memorization.

I agree with this, undergrad is a lot of memorization. I was just expecting a bit more from Princeton I guess.

Michelle, Melanie etc, not known for being scholars. Their First Ladies that’s their claim to fame. I don’t think anyone would take either of them seriously on their own merits.

• Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, DBP66 said:

were you able to find Melania's thesis on posing nude for a buck?....:$

Let’s crunch the analytics shall we? 

Melania is literate in both reading and writing in five different languages. 

You have proven NOT to be literate in writing English but let’s assume You can speak the language with no problem.

So by my calculation she’s only 900% more literate than an ignoramus like you! 

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Can you imagine the first proof read made by the grading professor!? Lmao.

46 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I’m still skeptical her undergrad thesis was on file at the University this many years later.  

It’s her’s Sherlock. 

Its making the rounds on the news cycle. If it wasn’t her’s, trust me she would of distanced herself as far as possible from that racist hit piece. 

13 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Ummm she didn’t. 

If she was Asian or white someone in Admissions would of drew a huge dick on the application and tossed it in the trash. 

and you know her admissions status  how?  I’ll answer, you don’t.  But we do know she finished with honors.

Cut the white exceptionalism bs as if every white candidate is superlative.  They are not.