Texas All Stars vs ATL Metro Allstars!

ORabidOne

Bottom line is...

Texas got their skirts lifted by a bunch of Ga 10th graders.

Now we are suppose to believe that the Texas kids will hyper improve and the Ga kids will not over the next two seasons.

Just call it what it really was. The Texas 2019 class was out matched and out played at every position on the field.

I can definitely see GA pumping out more 5 stars and possibly 4 stars than Texas in the class of 19'. Which is really saying something because high end talent is what Texas boast about in an attempt to explain away their per capita rank.

12 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Bottom line is...

Texas got their skirts lifted by a bunch of Ga 10th graders.

Now we are suppose to believe that the Texas kids will hyper improve and the Ga kids will not over the next two seasons.

Just call it what it really was. The Texas 2019 class was out matched and out played at every position on the field.

I can definitely see GA pumping out more 5 stars and possibly 4 stars than Texas in the class of 19'. Which is really saying something because high end talent is what Texas boast about in an attempt to explain away their per capita rank.

They were all 10th graders.  Texas kids will improve bc most do not have significant varsity playing experience this past season.   I laid that out already.  This is the main reason Texas lags every year in 4*\5*.   Kids are not groomed on the field early to garner the attention.

Andrew Coker, who is rated the 7th player in Texas did not even earn all district honors (neither 1st or 2d team) I'm sure the kid has potential and will improve once he gets more reps on the field.

the total number of D1s is what we boast about, not number of 5*s

Just now, Horsefly said:

They were all 10th graders.  Texas kids will improve bc most do not have significant varsity playing experience this past season.   I laid that out already.  This is the main reason Texas lags every year in 4*\5*.   Kids are not groomed on the field early to garner the attention.

Andrew Coker, who is rated the 7th player in Texas did not even earn all district honors (neither 1st or 2d team) I'm sure the kid has potential and will improve once he gets more reps on the field.

Oh Horsefly...

It is way easier to just accept the fact that Texas 2019 was curb stomped by GA 2019.

Maybe we should have let you girls use your 2018 or 2017 class so the Texans would have more game time experience. It would have provided a much more competitive game. Much better than the 35-7 snoozer that actually occured.

How many of the Texas participants received playing time last year? That should be an easier and shorter list to make than listing those who have not played a snap yet.

12 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Oh Horsefly...

It is way easier to just accept the fact that Texas 2019 was curb stomped by GA 2019.

Maybe we should have let you girls use your 2018 or 2017 class so the Texans would have more game time experience. It would have provided a much more competitive game. Much better than the 35-7 snoozer that actually occured.

How many of the Texas participants received playing time last year? That should be an easier and shorter list to make than listing those who have not played a snap yet.

Never mind, I'll let you continue to cream yourself over the win. I'm sure YOU earned it CC.  Lol

cheers

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Never mind, I'll let you continue to cream yourself over the win.

cheers

I'm curious to see the comparison in playing time between the two teams.

And why you think the TX kids will improve more and eventually be better than the group of kids that just beat them down. Not just beat them, but whooped them in every facet of the game.

16 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'm curious to see the comparison in playing time between the two teams.

And why you think the TX kids will improve more and eventually be better than the group of kids that just beat them down. Not just beat them, but whooped them in every facet of the game.

Unlike you guys I don't claim to try to know more about what will happen in 2 years, to make a claim the Texas kids will be better than the GA kids.  What I do believe is they will improve a lot as I fully understand the dynamics at play in Texas with younger varsity players. There were quite a few that did not go and some that weren't invited even though they had the accolades as being starters, all state selections and on state championship teams.

it is what is.  We will revisit this thread in two years and compare where they are.  I predict Texas will be where they've been every year for the past several years with the same top level recruits.

41 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This is easily the best explanation. GA plays all their best players on varsity starting their sophomore year and some as freshman. Where as in Texas most don't get varsity playing time till their junior or senior years. Why? Because Texas has way many more ballers than GA. There are too many good to great players ahead of the younger guys in Texas. That is mos Def not a problem in GA. Thus why lots of freshman in GA play varsity. In states like Texas or Cali or FL, if your a freshman on varsity, your a super stud player. Again not so much in GA. Not trying to punk ga it's just how it is in the top 3 power states CA, FL and TX. Hope this helps. ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

This is easily the best explanation. GA plays all their best players on varsity starting their sophomore year and some as freshman. Where as in Texas most don't get varsity playing time till their junior or senior years. Why? Because Texas has way many more ballers than GA. There are too many good to great players ahead of the younger guys in Texas. That is mos Def not a problem in GA. Thus why lots of freshman in GA play varsity. In states like Texas or Cali or FL, if your a freshman on varsity, your a super stud player. Again not so much in GA. Not trying to punk ga it's just how it is in the top 3 power states CA, FL and TX. Hope this helps. ;)

Lol.

This just sounds so utterly ridiculous you cant help but laugh.

The real facts are this was not much of a team that Texas put together for this game...

polled several coaches in the Dallas and Houston area and they never even heard about this game.  

At the end of the day it was all star type game...I wouldn't hang your hat on anything that happened here.

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

The real facts are this was not much of a team that Texas put together for this game...

polled several coaches in the Dallas and Houston area and they never even heard about this game.  

At the end of the day it was all star type game...I wouldn't hang your hat on anything that happened here.

You didn't poll the coaches of the guys who are the top prospects in Texas apparently. A third of the starters are ranked in the overall Top 10 of Texas in 2019.

Aside from the All American games, this all star game boasted two of the most talent laden rosters I've seen.

The only hat being hung is Texas '19 got ass drilled by GA '19.

On 3/14/2017 at 2:36 PM, Horsefly said:

Many of those kids DID start, some earned All-District honors.

This is non-sense. The absolute best 10th grade players in Texas were there. Many of them starters at the varsity level. LOOK at the players. Dont give me Andrew Coker... youll be hard-pressed to see many that didnt start...

I skimmed through the top 12 on the roster and only ONE I Saw I wasnt sure about whether he started or not, CB Devyn Butler at Allen.

Allen is very deep at all positions so it wouldn't surprise me if he didnt start. He DID start on special teams though, and did atleast play at CB.

Texas has 11 players with star rankings in the 2019 class at 247sports composite poll...

Here are the ones that played of the 11...

2. QB Grant Gunnell - St. Pius X ... Gunnell threw for 4,973 yards, 71 passing TDs & 11 INTs as a Sophomore... yes he started, lol... and those are freaking insane numbers...  (247 says 71 passing TDs, MP says 65)

3. WR Jordan Whittington - Cuero ...797 receiving yards & 12 TDs on 44 receptions... to go along with 361 rushing yards... 6 INTs on D, 2 Punt Return TDs and a KR TD

7. OT Andrew Coker - Katy Taylor

9. WR Theo Wease - Allen

10. OG EJ Ndoma-Ogar - Allen

11. WR Arjei Henderson - Richmond Travis

6 of the Top 11.... I didnt wanna post stats after the 1st 2... Ive already spent too much time looking stuff up.

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Many of those kids DID start, some earned All-District honors.

This is non-sense. The absolute best 10th grade players in Texas were there. Many of them starters at the varsity level. LOOK at the players. Dont give me Andrew Coker... youll be hard-pressed to see many that didnt start...

I skimmed through the top 12 on the roster and only ONE I Saw I wasnt sure about whether he started or not, CB Devyn Butler at Allen.

Allen is very deep at all positions so it wouldn't surprise me if he didnt start. He DID start on special teams though, and did atleast play at CB.

I already listed several that didn't start, hell,I watched a lot of the teams they played on, you didn't.  Butler (#16 CB in TX) didn't start for Allen, neither did Ngoma and deondre Davis (# 11 DE) 

On this allstar team here are some of the breakouts highlighting number of top 10 POSITIONAL rankings on the roster.

OT-2 in the top 10

OG-1 in the top 10

center-0 in the top 10

RBs-0 in the top 8

MLB-1 in the top 10,

OLB-2 in the top 10 

DE- 2 in the top 10 

DT- 2 in the top 10

CBs-0 in the top 10

Safety's-0 in the top 10.  

These stick out like a sore thumb, some talent but not a lot of all star depth.

I can list several DFW kids that were not on the roster that are considered top rated, they started and were all district players.   Donovan Collins (# 7 CB in TX) from cedar hill, Justin Dinka (#6 RB in TX), RB from Marcus, starter and all district, veramontes Pippens (#6 DT in TX) from Desoto   

i just looked up Pedraza, DB,  and pedraza was ranked the #24 safety in Texas!

anyways, I'm done with this, I know very well who was and who was not represented.  Enjoy, I'm sure this will be posted a third time before the season begins.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:58 AM, AztecPadre said:

So now ga HSFB > Texas HSFB? 

It always HAS BEEN! Remember when MIGHTY National Champion Allen, BARELY escaped crappy lil Dutch Fork, S.C. a coupla years ago!!! Tejas is O VER RATED!!! Dutch Fork don't want NONE of GEORGIA'S best!

2 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

It always HAS BEEN! Remember when MIGHTY National Champion Allen, BARELY escaped crappy lil Dutch Fork, S.C. a coupla years ago!!! Tejas is O VER RATED!!! Dutch Fork don't want NONE of GEORGIA'S best!

Tell Probst to take the Packers to Tejas and take on a big dog. Lyme sync approved. 

4 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

It always HAS BEEN! Remember when MIGHTY National Champion BTW,  OBLITERATED an Extremely crappy Big Boy Champ Norcross, G.A. a couple of years ago. Jawjaa has been a Laughingstock ever Since.  ARIZONA want None of GEORGIA'S Champs either. Chandler AZ get their Trophy mailed yet.   That turned into a 3 Month Thesis of excuses. As a matter of fact your AAAAAA and AAAAA champs got smoked this year OOS. xD How many AAAAAAAAAAA's do you have left to sacrifice at the OOS altar.

Now wipe that Ben Gay off your arm and go back to sleep PAHPAH.  I am gonna call the guys and let them know you're out and off your meds AAAAAAAAgggggAAAAAiiiiiiNNNNNN.

Oh the Horror. This was the most Heinous exhibition of HS football in well hell ever.

• Like 2

Lmao... ***quick lets change the subject***

35-7 over the best in Texas...

-- Deflecting the attention somewhere else doesnt change Texas has had a ROUGH, ROUGH year... Cedar Hill talking all offseason about carrying the Texas banner OOS, then the "Came and Took it" happened. 

Liberty NV(lost 84-8!!)) , came and beat a Top 10 Texas team (gasp) in Texas. 

Now the best 2019 players in wittle GA beat up the best 2019 players in Texas by 4 TDs. The Texas QB Gunnell threw for 71 TDs in TX this season... he didnt have as much luck in GA with the best WRs in TX to throw to.

Lets see it again... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Lmao... ***quick lets change the subject***

35-7 over the best in Texas...

-- Deflecting the attention somewhere else doesnt change Texas has had a ROUGH, ROUGH year... Cedar Hill talking all offseason about carrying the Texas banner OOS, then the "Came and Took it" happened. 

Liberty NV(lost 84-8!!)) , came and beat a Top 10 Texas team (gasp) in Texas. 

Now the best 2019 players in wittle GA beat up the best 2019 players in Texas by 4 TDs. The Texas QB Gunnell threw for 71 TDs in TX this season... he didnt have as much luck in GA with the best WRs in TX to throw to.

Lets see it again... 

How easy it must be to win a state title in GA.  

grayson getting that ass tapped 26-7 (3 schools were more competitive with IMG than Grayson was) state champ Valdosta losing 44-24 to a team that was already pounded 52-7!  These were GA STATE CHAMPS!  LOL

who is gonna bend GA state champs over the chair this year?  

On 3/14/2017 at 3:23 PM, AztecPadre said:

You make this sound as though it is a common occurrence when I don't think it is.  We've had a lot of talent come through Grayson.  I think I can name maybe 3 freshmen in the past 10 years and probably 10-12 sophomores in the same time period.  I don't speak for anyone but myself but my observation is the percentage of juniors and seniors starting is in the very high 90s and freshman and sophomores can generally be counted on one hand.  Now, sophomores and the occasional freshman SO get some significant playing time but that is game and situation dependent.

2 minutes ago, Fred said:

You make this sound as though it is a common occurrence when I don't think it is.  We've had a lot of talent come through Grayson.  I think I can name maybe 3 freshmen in the past 10 years and probably 10-12 sophomores in the same time period.  I don't speak for anyone but myself but my observation is the percentage of juniors and seniors starting is in the very high 90s and freshman and sophomores can generally be counted on one hand.  Now, sophomores and the occasional freshman SO get some significant playing time but that is game and situation dependent.

There will always be the exception to the rule.  Sounds like Grayson could be that exception. 

12 hours ago, DevilDog said:

It always HAS BEEN! Remember when MIGHTY National Champion BTW,  OBLITERATED an Extremely crappy Big Boy Champ Norcross, G.A. a couple of years ago. Jawjaa has been a Laughingstock ever Since.  ARIZONA want None of GEORGIA'S Champs either. Chandler AZ get their Trophy mailed yet.   That turned into a 3 Month Thesis of excuses. As a matter of fact your AAAAAA and AAAAA champs got smoked this year OOS. xD How many AAAAAAAAAAA's do you have left to sacrifice at the OOS altar.

Now wipe that Ben Gay off your arm and go back to sleep PAHPAH.  I am gonna call the guys and let them know you're out and off your meds AAAAAAAAgggggAAAAAiiiiiiNNNNNN.

Oh the Horror. This was the most Heinous exhibition of HS football in well hell ever.

I see this done a lot.  If you judge an entire state on one game by one team you exhibit a tendency to make snap judgements.  I would not judge Texas or California football by one or two games.  It is far too small of a sample.

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

How easy it must be to win a state title in GA.  

grayson getting that ass tapped 26-7 (3 schools were more competitive with IMG than Grayson was) state champ Valdosta losing 44-24 to a team that was already pounded 52-7!  These were GA STATE CHAMPS!  LOL

who is gonna bend GA state champs over the chair this year?  

Judging Grayson by the IMG game shows a total lack of understanding of the dynamics of that game.  New players, new head coach and several new position coaches, lots of existing players being moved around, first game as a team.  Even with all of that, Grayson held them to their second lowest scoring game (I think, couldn't quickly find their total schedule results).  IMG had already played one game in their season.  I would have liked to have seen the results if we had played later in the season.  Yes we lost.  I fully get that and own it.  But to judge our team or any team by one game is shortsighted in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, Fred said:

I see this done a lot.  If you judge an entire state on one game by one team you exhibit a tendency to make snap judgements.  I would not judge Texas or California football by one or two games.  It is far to small of a sample.

Sir this was meant for one guy.  Like no one from Texas said a thing about JawJaa in this thread till the only Guy left that actually say Valdosta win their 1st game fire a shot at Texas and I fired back in kind.   Both of your big school Champs lost OOS.  You can never judge Texas or California on that fact.  Call out Texas expect us to respond in kind. And Norcross laid down like a puppy getting its belly rubbed.  Those are facts.  HE STATED TEJAS IS OVERRATED.  SO let it begin.  We haven't had 3 State champs stomped in the past 5 Years.  BTW, IMG, CHANDLER all trampled your champs.