IMG was turned down by 50 teams 30 from Texas.

HooverOutlaw

22 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

In order in each area:

GHA: Lamar, Katy, North Shore, The Woodlands, Westfield and Atascocita.

DFW: Allen, Desoto, Sachse, Duncanville, Cedar Hill, Denton Guyer and SLC.

Beast Texas: Longview and John Tyler.

Austin/Centex: Lake Travis, Westlake and Waco Midway.

San Antonio: Converse Judson and Steele.

Not expecting much out of West Texas or Panhandle. Abilene and SAC graduated everything and while it appears that Permian is returning a good amount of players, they haven't been "Permian" in a while.

I like a lot of what you said.

I'm not as high on Atascocita after seeing their stud QB leave. I like FB Ridge Point over them. 

I also really like Coppell, Dallas Jesuit, and the Arlington schools to bounce back (and maybe Mansfield).

8 minutes ago, SumDude said:

I'm not as high on Atascocita after seeing their stud QB leave. I like FB Ridge Point over them. 

I also really like Coppell, Dallas Jesuit, and the Arlington schools to bounce back (and maybe Mansfield).

Really miss your detailed preseason breakdown of players and teams.  Not only that but this board needs it from all the OT stuff.

2 hours ago, SumDude said:

People in DFW better keep a tight eye on Rockwall too. Their defense could be solid as a rock. Offensively they loss some studs but when Rodney Webb is your coach, offense usually isn't going to be your downfall.

They play SLC (whom they should've beaten in 2016) early so we'll know where they stand.

17 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Because you simply heard us mention it before, if not on this site then other sites. Please enlighten me where I stated Texas should be in the MNC hunt last year?  It never happened.  Nor were any Texans jumping up and down making a case for a Texas team as MNC, unlike some of our GA friends.

Please list examples if you are going to randomly throw GA out into your conversation.

Ill be waiting for the team Georgians were "jumping up and down making a case for as MNC"

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Please list examples if you are going to randomly throw GA out into your conversation.

Ill be waiting for the team Georgians were "jumping up and down making a case for as MNC"

Several of you pin heads have been pumping Grayson that they were the best team in the country at the end of the year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Several of you pin heads have been pumping Grayson that they were the best team in the country at the end of the year.

Who?

I do recall many thinking they deserved to be ranked in the Top 5-10 by year's end. I don't even remember Rab saying that, which is really saying something... Maybe Sting?

There was a discussion on them being named MNC if they had beaten IMG, which was more than realistic if that occured.

But anyways...

15 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Who?

I do recall many thinking they deserved to be ranked in the Top 5-10 by year's end. I don't even remember Rab saying that, which is really saying something... Maybe Sting?

There was a discussion on them being named MNC if they had beaten IMG, which was more than realistic if that occured.

But anyways...

On 3/9/2017 at 11:01 PM,  FootballGuy said: 

But in my opinion, I feel that Grayson was the best team and then BG or Mater Dei 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Who?

But anyways...

Wasn't their a thread a few days ago about the best team in the nation being Grayson? Football and ECHS off the topportunity of my head were saying they were #1. Maybe a few others from jumped on the band wagon too. 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Where is the case for MNC though?

If you look at my comments, I actually specifically say... Grayson cannot & should not be the MNC, but they couldve been the best team by years end. 

I dont see anyone jumping up and down about an MNC... I see people saying they couldve been the best team.

9 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Wasn't their a thread a few days ago about the best team in the nation being Grayson? Football and ECHS off the topportunity of my head were saying they were #1. Maybe a few others from jumped on the band wagon too. 

Again... if you saw MY comments, I specifically stated they cant and shouldnt be MNC... but couldve been the best team the 2nd half of the year. 

There is a difference.

22 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Where is the case for MNC though?

If you look at my comments, I actually specifically say... Grayson cannot & should not be the MNC, but they couldve been the best team by years end. 

I dont see anyone jumping up and down about an MNC... I see people saying they couldve been the best team.

It's all semantics, MNC is nothing more than identifying a team we think is best in the country without actually playing the game, a few took it a step further and claimed they think Grayson was the best team in the country at the end of the year.

7 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Again... if you saw MY comments, I specifically stated they cant and shouldnt be MNC... but couldve been the best team the 2nd half of the year. 

There is a difference.

How do you know? You dont. Do the "top" 10 teams play? Very, very rare. Who decides who the top 10 are? Cant be done.

Anyone that follows HS football surely knows that HS teams can look unbeatable one week, and very not the next. A lot plays into a teams W-L's each season. Some have a very difficult cschedule, while others have a cakewalk until playoff time.

All of this best team in America bullshit is just that...bullshit. Until they play it out on the field, STFU about national champions.

Just my opinion.

16 hours ago, H.O.G. said:

How do you know? You dont. Do the "top" 10 teams play? Very, very rare. Who decides who the top 10 are? Cant be done.

Anyone that follows HS football surely knows that HS teams can look unbeatable one week, and very not the next. A lot plays into a teams W-L's each season. Some have a very difficult cschedule, while others have a cakewalk until playoff time.

All of this best team in America bullshit is just that...bullshit. Until they play it out on the field, STFU about national champions.

Just my opinion.

I agree. I always like talking about/comparing teams nationally, and dont mind seeing a national matchup or 2, but naming a HS "National Champion: without actually playing, is silly.