Top 10 states

Columbiafan

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

1a. Florida (Top teams & Depth)

1b. Texas (Top teams & Depth)

3. California (Lack the depth of FL & TX but have great top teams)

4. Georgia (Smaller version of FL but more like TX bc more publics)

5. Ohio (Kinda like a mini-CA... some good top Privates)

6. Illinois (this state DOESNT get enough credit)

7. Louisiana (decent depth, decent top teams)

8. Alabama (has just a couple top teams, but good depth)

9. New Jersey (good top teams, but depth keeps it at 9)

10. Pennsylvania (was good years ago, then fell off, seems to be on the rise again)

Others that just missed: Mississippi, Tennessee, Michigan, Arizona

Honestly ... 6-14 can really be in just about any order.

Lack of Depth in Calif?  Just because our top 5 are phenomonal doesn't take away from the next 5 programs.

The So. Cal Open bracket alone has more Top 75 teams than every other states playoff bracket except Texas.  Then add in DLS, Vista Murrieta,...

Just because other states have teams that go undefeated in multiple / lower brackets doesn't mean they are any good.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

1a. Florida (Top teams & Depth)

1b. Texas (Top teams & Depth)

3. California (Lack the depth of FL & TX but have great top teams)

4. Georgia (Smaller version of FL but more like TX bc more publics)

5. Ohio (Kinda like a mini-CA... some good top Privates)

6. Illinois (this state DOESNT get enough credit)

7. Louisiana (decent depth, decent top teams)

8. Alabama (has just a couple top teams, but good depth)

9. New Jersey (good top teams, but depth keeps it at 9)

10. Pennsylvania (was good years ago, then fell off, seems to be on the rise again)

Others that just missed: Mississippi, Tennessee, Michigan, Arizona

Honestly ... 6-14 can really be in just about any order.

I mostly agree so will just add on

TX clear #1 IMHO -- 9 out of 10 years, they probably will legitimately have more top 100 teams than any state and, if you include fandom as an intangible, they are much better than FL or anyone else

illinois at #6 is a head scratcher but see your comment that I agree with that #6-14 will vary by year and criteria

also, not sure CA doesn't have better depth than FL, but just think you know those fringe top 25 FL teams better and have drawn erroneous conclusions regarding DLS's NorCal streak -- fwiw (take it with a grain of salt and don't freak out), CA's top 50 +2.5 in ratings vs FL top 25 and +4.2 on SOS (which makes sense as CA's top teams play each other more often)

1-3 will vary (but I'd go TX, CA, FL)

4 and 5 will vary (and I think depends mostly on criteria -- OH will have more legit top 100 teams most years -- because of privates, while GA has more top recruits)

and 6-14 will vary

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cossacks said:

1. FL   CA

2. TX

3. CA  FL

----------------------------------------

4. OH 

5. GA  

----------------------------------------

6. LA  IN

7. NJ  IL

8. IN   PA

9. PA  LA

10. IL  NJ

I like your top 10 here.   Michigan in the on deck circle imo.   I'm digging IN and IL and I think PA had a nice comeback year.  

I'd have it 3 brackets and then it's a beauty contest and depending on fine tuning the criteria I'd lean differently.  

FL I don't see at the top even with IMG incl as a FL school, I'd lean Cali right now but it's so close w TX.  

GA imo is ahead of OH and OH is well ahead of 6 thru 10.  EDIT lol,  way too many HC changes in GA...  I'm switching w Ohio for preseason.  

6 thru 10 is darts...  and as I type this I want to edit but F it, lol.  Gotta remember criteria.  

Im in the group that thinks GA, at 4, is closer to the top 3, than OH is to GA. GA with far more talent, better at the top, far better depth. OH has been on a decline for years... including in participation and growth. Privates dont mean much in this scenario, where NOR thought GAs talent was more spread out, I proved that thoroughly false. 

Gator mentioned too many coaching changes in GA. $$$ son!

5 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Im in the group that thinks GA, at 4, is closer to the top 3, than OH is to GA. GA with far more talent, better at the top, far better depth. OH has been on a decline for years... including in participation and growth. Privates dont mean much in this scenario, where NOR thought GAs talent was more spread out, I proved that thoroughly false. 

I'm shocked you think GA closer to top 3 than OH

Stunned

Seriously, I'd give GA a big recruit edge (demographics help) and OH an edge in nationally relevant teams, largely because their landscape of high quality privates enabling more talent aggregation (and maybe better coaching), although seems like GA catching up in talent aggregation quickly based on Grayson's naked aggression that seemed to go unslapped last year

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

So many coaching changes it looks like a FL typical season... like a morningstar neutral rating, too many new mutual fund mgr's. :)  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

I'm shocked you think GA closer to top 3 than OH

Stunned

Seriously, I'd give GA a big recruit edge (demographics help) and OH an edge in nationally relevant teams, largely because their landscape of high quality privates enabling more talent aggregation (and maybe better coaching), although seems like GA catching up in talent aggregation quickly based on Grayson's naked aggression that seemed to go unslapped last year

NOR held the same opinion about GAs talent being more spread out... which I debunked as false. Ill compare it to Ohio, but its usually better to do it when a full list of recruits are out in September/October.

Im sure you are stunned as you are a CalPreps fanatic. My opinion is one held by many more qualified analysts & professionals than yourself. 

Just now, noonereal said:

He is an idiot, pay no attention. OH is a remarkable state, not only in football but all sports. The overall sports excellence in all sports is unparalleled.

You realize just bc you try to prop them up you dont get any extra credit for playing them.... right?

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

NOR held the same opinion about GAs talent being more spread out... which I debunked as false. Ill compare it to Ohio, but its usually better to do it when a full list of recruits are out in September/October.

Im sure you are stunned as you are a CalPreps fanatic. My opinion is one held by many more qualified analysts & professionals than yourself. 

You are an idiot. 

Hope this helps!

Ohio is much like Trump......they have excuses for everything.

Central Catholic, MI beats one of Ohio's bes last yeart......St Iggy.

Cass Tech blows out Central Catholic..

St X loses twice OOS. Getting blown up once....they go ON to win state in Ohio, why?

All those teams are the same....nothing great about any of them honestly.

2 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Christian Brothers clearly is better than everyone in Ohio.

Maybe not everyone... but better than an OH D2 State Champ thats better than all but 3-4 other teams.... La Salle beat the #1 team in OH and barely lost to #2 6-0. 

CBros beat LS by 13. 31-18, and the score was closer than the game.

You guys ate it up when an undefeated 3A STATE CHAMP in Tennessee, beat a 4 loss 2nd rd loser in GA. 

But Christian Bros TN, who had a 52-17 loss to a Missouri team, beats Ohios D2 State Champ 31-18 and... meh, amiright?