Jalen hurts will transfer

HSFBfan

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I would think with only one year left of eligibility, that he would want to go to a playoff potential team.  Unless he cares more about going home.  In which case then yes. 

Sounds crazy - with 9 returning starters on offense and most of the defense coming back - TCU has potential to win big next year.

These guys had a ton of injuries and other player issues this past season.  I look for them to come back strong next year especially if they find QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Sounds crazy - with 9 returning starters on offense and most of the defense coming back - TCU has potential to win big next year.

These guys had a ton of injuries and other player issues this past season.  I look for them to come back strong next year especially if they find QB.

I hear ya, but top 4 strong?  Kind of a stretch, no?

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Alabama can not lose 2 or 3 games and get in. I dont believe that. 1 loss and you have the possibility not 2 or 3. 

I would love to see some huge home and home games for alabama but I doubt it will happen. Saban likes the neutral sites games. 

Alabama is bring back a lot of talent next year. Unfortunately they have already lost 4 coaches 

The Def. coordinator was a first year starter himself. He, and that rookie secondary will be much improved this next season I do believe. They just never really got the zone coverage down. As far as losses, 3 may be a stretch, but if they win the SEC title game, in my belief, there is not a chance they wouldn't get in, even with multiple losses. How could you not pick the SEC champ, the toughest conference in football overall ? Talk about possible controversy.

3 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

The Def. coordinator was a first year starter himself. He, and that rookie secondary will be much improved this next season I do believe. They just never really got the zone coverage down. As far as losses, 3 may be a stretch, but if they win the SEC title game, in my belief, there is not a chance they wouldn't get in, even with multiple losses. How could you not pick the SEC champ, the toughest conference in football overall ? Talk about possible controversy.

No I understand what your saying win the sec with 2 losses and your probably in. I could go with that.  But why chance it. 

Btw alabama has lost 4 coaches already this offseason. They have lost 10 in the last 2 years 

On 1/10/2019 at 2:41 PM, HSFBfan said:

This is what I can think of.....with the emergence of Georgia if alabama was to lose to team x in week 1 and than lose to UGA in sec title game or a fluke loss to Auburn they will be done. You cant risk that

True, but other teams have that same concern. Aside from whatever big non-conference game they schedule, tOSU has to worry about PSU (or Wisconsin or MSU in some years) and then TTUN at the end of the season. TTUN hasn't been a big obstacle as of late, but has historically. But that hasn't stopped them from scheduling at least 1 marquee non-conference opponent on a home and home.

As good as Bama has been the past decade+, the odds of them losing both those games are slim. And losing 1 won't kill their season. Case in point 2017 when they still got in despite losing their conference title game. If they did lose both, then they weren't good enough in the 1st place.

2 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

True, but other teams have that same concern. Aside from whatever big non-conference game they schedule, tOSU has to worry about PSU (or Wisconsin or MSU in some years) and then TTUN at the end of the season. TTUN hasn't been a big obstacle as of late, but has historically. But that hasn't stopped them from scheduling at least 1 marquee non-conference opponent on a home and home.

As good as Bama has been the past decade+, the odds of them losing both those games are slim. And losing 1 won't kill their season. Case in point 2017 when they still got in despite losing their conference title game. If they did lose both, then they weren't good enough in the 1st place.

You bring up Tosu but see they lose a game and they are kept out. This year a loss to purdue kept them out didnt matter that they beat up ttun. And yes with JH as HC MSU has been a big issue for Michigan. So alabama can follow that lead or the one where they have been in every playoff to date. 

8 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

You bring up Tosu but see they lose a game and they are kept out. This year a loss to purdue kept them out didnt matter that they beat up ttun.

No, it's not because they lost. It's because they lost BIG. And to mediocre at best teams.

If tOSU's loss on the road to Iowa last season would have been competitive, they would have been in the CFP over Bama -- who didn't win their own conference. But the extreme blowout gave the committee the excuse they needed to exclude them.

Same exact thing happened this year with the loss to Purdue. Had the Buckeyes been competitive in that game, they would have gotten in over Oklahoma. It was still fairly close and debatable as things were, but an easy decision for tOSU w/o the blowout loss.

Any team that loses via blowout fashion is gonna be in trouble -- unless they have a viable reason such as numerous injuries to key players.