Jalen hurts will transfer

HSFBfan

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Surprised. Many conferences don't allow transferring within the league. 

I dont think saban would block the transfer. 

Kamara transferred from alabama to Tennessee. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_4e752202-c6a4-11e7-b6b8-b31169a2c4d5.amp.html

And hurts is a grad transfer and in the new rules he can transfer within the conference. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

I dont think saban would block the transfer. 

Kamara transferred from alabama to Tennessee. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_4e752202-c6a4-11e7-b6b8-b31169a2c4d5.amp.html

And hurts is a grad transfer and in the new rules he can transfer within the conference. 

NCAA is on the ropes...

This can get green lighted.

BGW

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Texasball said:

For what it’s worth

This outlines my concerns about him. I'm not saying the kid doesn't have a nice future in the NFL eventually, but I just don't believe anyone really knows how good he might be.

He got thrown into the limelight late in that Championship game against Georgia last year -- and I'm pretty confident the Bulldogs didn't do a lot of scouting on him beforehand -- and made that game winning play. But many forget he made a pretty bad play just before it.

This season he looked great until finally facing a couple defenses that were able to pressure him consistently. Georgia and Clemson. I've said this many times. Any solid QB should look great and perform exceptionally well when consistently afforded a clean pocket and time to throw. But what truly separates the great from the merely good or adequate is finding ways to escape pressure and make plays under duress.

Does anybody know if Tua or even Trevor Lawrence can do that yet? I don't think so. Both Bama and Clemson have exceptional o-lines and rarely face opposition that can pressure their QB. Lawrence threw from a clean pocket most of the game the other night.

As a starter, Tua didn't finish either game when he was consistently pressured against GA and Clemson. It's certainly something to pay attention to next season.

BTW, for those that have a sense of humor, I saw someone mocking Tua's name on twitter by calling him 'Tua Turntheballova'. Silly, yes. But I still got a chuckle out of it.

• Like 1