trump poll numbers slipping

stanscript

4 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

You gonna tell that to the folks unable to pay their bills, you selfish son of a bitch?

You're probably silver spoon af so you have no idea.. 

you know what comes before 'chew harder' right?

Cry me a river.....

Furloughed Federal Employees are Still Paid More Than You

Tags Taxes and Spending

01/12/2019Ryan McMaken

Whether its CNBC, or The New York Times, or NPR, the mainstream media is clearly committed to using the current partial government shutdown to portray federal workers as beleaguered victims of the American political system.

But, in all cases I've encountered, these reports neglect to mention that on average, civilian federal workers make 17 percent more than similar workers in the private sector, according to a 2017-2018 report by the Congressional Budget Office. That's total compensation, so we're including both wages and benefits.

Considering that a year is 52 weeks long, an average federal worker would need to be completely without any income for nearly 9 weeks in order to just be reduced to equal standing with a similar private-sector worker. (17 percent of 52 weeks is 8.84 weeks.)

graph1.PNG

Source: Congressional Budget Office.

As of this writing, the current shutdown has only lasted three weeks, which means all those furloughed workers profiled in national news stories are likely still coming out ahead of their private-sector colleagues. Moreover, given that both Trump and Congress have committed to pay furloughed workers back pay, it's a safe bet that federal workers will continue to enjoy a healthy advantage over private-sector workers when it comes to compensation.

Health benefits for most federal workers will also continue without interruption through the shutdown, as noted by NPR.

The Federal-Pay Advantage Is Larger for Lower-Income Employees

The disparity between private-sector work and federal jobs is largest at the lower end of the education scale.

According to the CBO's report:

-------------------------------------------------------

so who are you trying to fool....

9 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

This clown can’t even run his California football propaganda machine correctly. 

Who do these people poll?  Do they walk around New York City or Los Angeles?  How many people do they poll?  Who checks and make sure that the people running the poll are documenting the accurate information? 

Sounds like a slow news day for liberals to get their pussy wet about 

Below is a link that begins to explain how each of the different polls is conducted.  

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

Each pollster takes a different approach based on circumstances that they can or can't control.  Cost is one factor.  Some pollsters only call cell phones, some only call landlines and some call both.  Some polls use live interviews and some don't.  Some polls weigh the results and adjust the outcome based on several factors.  Pollsters give a lot of thought and effort to produce a valid poll.  Their reputation is at stake and so is their funding.  It's very complicated and takes a group with highly advanced math and statistic capabilities to crank out an accurate poll.

I use two composite polls, one from 538 and one from RealClearPolitics. There are left-leaning and right-leaning polls in each but the average of both polls is pretty good.  It's important to understand what a poll can and can't do.  A poll is just an approximation of a snapshot in time.  While fluctuations from day to day are normal, it's important to see and understand trends over time. 

The 4.5% drop in approval over the last month is significant but could be mainly because of the government shutdown.  Once this is over, there could be a rebound.  It's my opinion that there will come a time when his base starts to crack and it doesn't have to crack much for him to be toast. 

As for it being a slow news day.  You've got to be freaking kidding.  You need to watch MSNBC and CNN each for a full evening to learn just how freaking corrupt the president is.   Why did Forrest Tump confiscate the interpretor's notes and instruct him not to tell anyone what he spoke to Putin about?  And this was done each time they met.  Suppose Obama had done this, you would have been apopletic.  Try watching some real news covering the true major stories coming out of Washington D.C. instead of FOX covering the opening of a new Starbucks in Iowa.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, stanscript said:

Below is a link that begins to explain how each of the different polls is conducted.  

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

Each pollster takes a different approach based on circumstances

You need to watch MSNBC and CNN each for a full evening to learn just how freaking corrupt the president is.  

You need to learn the first thing about numbers,

then maybe some day you will graduate on to stats....

Hint: following MSN's number manipulation doesn't help.....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Troll said:

you know what comes before 'chew harder' right?

Cry me a river.....

Furloughed Federal Employees are Still Paid More Than You

Tags Taxes and Spending

01/12/2019Ryan McMaken

Whether its CNBC, or The New York Times, or NPR, the mainstream media is clearly committed to using the current partial government shutdown to portray federal workers as beleaguered victims of the American political system.

But, in all cases I've encountered, these reports neglect to mention that on average, civilian federal workers make 17 percent more than similar workers in the private sector, according to a 2017-2018 report by the Congressional Budget Office. That's total compensation, so we're including both wages and benefits.

Considering that a year is 52 weeks long, an average federal worker would need to be completely without any income for nearly 9 weeks in order to just be reduced to equal standing with a similar private-sector worker. (17 percent of 52 weeks is 8.84 weeks.)

graph1.PNG

Source: Congressional Budget Office.

As of this writing, the current shutdown has only lasted three weeks, which means all those furloughed workers profiled in national news stories are likely still coming out ahead of their private-sector colleagues. Moreover, given that both Trump and Congress have committed to pay furloughed workers back pay, it's a safe bet that federal workers will continue to enjoy a healthy advantage over private-sector workers when it comes to compensation.

Health benefits for most federal workers will also continue without interruption through the shutdown, as noted by NPR.

The Federal-Pay Advantage Is Larger for Lower-Income Employees

The disparity between private-sector work and federal jobs is largest at the lower end of the education scale.

According to the CBO's report:

-------------------------------------------------------

so who are you trying to fool....

I know what the hell I'm talking about...and didn't have to Google some false story the media wants you to believe.

Maybe just maybe I work with others who are struggling to pay bills and know this first hand?

But Google away, sheep.

20 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Get a 2nd job ever heard of that? 

You probably haven't even gotten your 1st job, out here trying to tell folks to get their 2nd. lol

I know silver spooned when I see it.

Lmaooooooo calling me a bitch...

If you didn't act like one, maybe I wouldn't have to call you that.

But since you are a little bitch, why call you anything else?

BITCH.

But since the Democrats want to go hang out in Puerto Rico instead of actually working I dont epxect the shutdown to end any time soon.

Dems aren't the ones calling for an unpaid for wall.

Cheeto is.

America nor Mexico will spend a dime on it. If Cheeto wants a wall, then he needs to pay for it. If he doesn't have the money...so be it. Open the fuckin govt back up and let folks go back to work and earn their wages. Don't throw temper tandrums because no one is interested in paying for your childish unrealistic wall lol

Just now, WulfTangClan said:

Dems aren't the ones calling for an unpaid for wall.

Cheeto is.

America nor Mexico will spend a dime on it. If Cheeto wants a wall, then he needs to pay for it. If he doesn't have the money...so be it. Open the fuckin govt back up and let folks go back to work and earn their wages. Don't throw temper tandrums because no one is interested in paying for your childish unrealistic wall lol

Nope......wall popularity is growing......keep it shut