Track and Field

954gator

2 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Boling is a special athlete period.  Did you expect the US to lose in the relays at the Pan Am's?

Boling probably could have got 5 if they let him do long jump.  I expect him to be and Olympian in the long jump at some point in his career.  

I am not counting him out in the sprints.  Look how much faster some of these other current great sprinters have improved since HS track.  We will see what the University of Georgia coaching and training will do for him between now and the NCAA's next season.

2 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Boling is a special athlete period.  Did you expect the US to lose in the relays at the Pan Am's?

Boling probably could have got 5 if they let him do long jump.  I expect him to be and Olympian in the long jump at some point in his career.  

I thought that you thought that the Jamaicans would beat the US...Did I get that wrong about you?

4 hours ago, Texasball said:

Dang where have you been?

@DevilDog and myself wanted to hear from you after Boling blistered them Jamaicans and after the American 4x100 and 4x400 with Boling and others spanked that ass twice more.

Thoughts on this and Boling getting 4 golds at the Pan Am games?

Like I said they are not the biggest threat to the U.S. for the next 4 - 6 yrs.  It will be G.B. along with  Japan, China and Jamaica fighting for 3rd.   Don't be surprised if Japan is top 2.  Best stick game outside Tx HS 4x100s

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

I thought that you thought that the Jamaicans would beat the US...Did I get that wrong about you?

Boling and the 3 other fastest kids in Texas would beat Jamaica's best u20 IMHO.  Boling is a beast.  Track is in our blood in Texas.  There have been several other fast white kids that you and I know going back.  Hell a few years back 3A Celina with 3 White kids were top 10 in the 4x400 😎 and their asses were fast.  Boling should say to hell with Jawjaa get paid and trained by the finest by going pro.  Jeremy Warner another bad ass white kid from Texas.  

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Boling and the 3 other fastest kids in Texas would beat Jamaica's best u20 IMHO.  Boling is a beast.  Track is in our blood in Texas.  There have been several other fast white kids that you and I know going back.  Hell a few years back 3A Celina with 3 White kids were top 10 in the 4x400 😎 and their asses were fast.  Boling should say to hell with Jawjaa get paid and trained by the finest by going pro.  Jeremy Warner another bad ass white kid from Texas.  

Are you saying the 3 other fastest HS kids in Texas and Boling would beat Jamaica's best u20 team in any relay?

4 hours ago, Texasball said:

I am not counting him out in the sprints.  Look how much faster some of these other current great sprinters have improved since HS track.  We will see what the University of Georgia coaching and training will do for him between now and the NCAA's next season.

I'm not either.  I think he can challenge for a spot on the Olympic 100M team next year.  I am more impressed with his range of events.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

No but I sure would not be afraid in the 4x100.  

Look up the 3 other kids that ran the 4x100 with Boling and compare them.  I have and the facts are Texas could have possibly won that race too.

Not one of the other 3 are listed in the 100m final at the Pan Am 

Texas could have thrown out these wind legal times 

Boling - 10.11

Ryan Martin 10.34

Tyler Owens 10.35

Lance Broome 10.40

If you go non wind legal everyone would have been under 1.3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:

You have to know that, those weren't the best under 20 4 x 100 for any of the countries involved at the Pan AM's.  

You mention that a lot when Jamaica loses.  Which they will be doing a lot.  So America's 2nd best beat their 2nd best u20.

Men's 4x100m Relay, Final - US 38.62, U20 Record

On Saturday, the team of Arian Smith, Justin Ofotan, Marcellus Moore, and Boling flew past the Jamaican team to secure gold in the 4x100m relay for Team USA, breaking the previous world record of 38.66 set by the U.S

You mention that a lot when Jamaica loses.  Which they will be doing a lot.  So America's 2nd best beat their 2nd best u20.

On Saturday, the team of Arian Smith, Justin Ofotan, Marcellus Moore, and Boling flew past the Jamaican team to secure gold in the 4x100m relay for Team USA, breaking the previous world record of 38.66 set by the U.S

Impressive race.  Took a minute to find it.   They need to drug test that dude Boling lol.    

Smith (I think) had a great start as well. 

https://teletica.com/231468_estadio-nacional-vivio-su-primer-record-mundial

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 5:05 PM, Texasball said:

Texas Speed.  Remember Ivory Williams

That U20 2004 team that had the previous 4x100 record of 38.66 had another Texas HS kid who also won the 100 in the same event Ivory WIlliams of Beaumont Central who was also a top 40 HS football player in the State he won the 100m at the World Jr. Championships with a 10.29.  Also on that 4x100 was Abidemi  Omole, Trell Kimmons, and LaShawn Merritt.

Even more proof of Texas speed the 2002 team had the previous record of 38.92 and had two Texas HS Kids.  Ivory Willams and Willie Hordge of Forest Brook HS. 🤣

Like I said Texas Shows out when they face Jamaica 

Hordge participated in the 2002 World Junior Championships in Kingston, Jamaica, and finished with a bronze medal in 100 meters, placing third behind Darrel Brown and Marc Burns. Known for his slow start out of the blocks, officials at the meet were in amazement at how he closed at the finish. A few days later at the same meet, he anchored the United States 4x100 relay squad to Gold. Hordge received the baton identical to Usain Bolt of Jamaica, and then pulled away from him down the stretch, as he and teammates Ashton Collins, Wes Felix, and Ivory Williams set a new world junior record of 38.92. It was the fourth and fastest of five different 4x100 relays he anchored under 40 seconds in the space of three weeks. Just like he is today, Usain Bolt was the talk of the meet back then, and Hordge showed him up on his own soil in Kingston. Bolt was visibly upset after the finish. The day before Bolt had just won the 200 meters.

Another race where Hordge smoked him: 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Texas Speed.  Remember Ivory Williams

That U20 2004 team that had the previous 4x100 record of 38.66 had another Texas HS kid who also won the 100 in the same event Ivory WIlliams of Beaumont Central who was also a top 40 HS football player in the State he won the 100m at the World Jr. Championships with a 10.29.  Also on that 4x100 was Abidemi  Omole, Trell Kimmons, and LaShawn Merritt.

Even more proof of Texas speed the 2002 team had the previous record of 38.92 and had two Texas HS Kids.  Ivory Willams and Willie Hordge of Forest Brook HS. 🤣

Like I said Texas Shows out when they face Jamaica 

Hordge participated in the 2002 World Junior Championships in Kingston, Jamaica, and finished with a bronze medal in 100 meters, placing third behind Darrel Brown and Marc Burns. Known for his slow start out of the blocks, officials at the meet were in amazement at how he closed at the finish. A few days later at the same meet, he anchored the United States 4x100 relay squad to Gold. Hordge received the baton identical to Usain Bolt of Jamaica, and then pulled away from him down the stretch, as he and teammates Ashton Collins, Wes Felix, and Ivory Williams set a new world junior record of 38.92. It was the fourth and fastest of five different 4x100 relays he anchored under 40 seconds in the space of three weeks. Just like he is today, Usain Bolt was the talk of the meet back then, and Hordge showed him up on his own soil in Kingston. Bolt was visibly upset after the finish. The day before Bolt had just won the 200 meters.

Another race where Hordge smoked him: 

@DevilDog that is good shit right there.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Ryan Martin - Texas kid won the Adidas Boost event in Boston beating Arian Smith head to head.  Just saying!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Men's 4x100m Relay, Final - US 38.62, U20 Record

When Boling got the stick the US was already in first.  You act like US wasn't going to win that race without a Texan.  Also that wasn't a top 5 U20 4 x 100 squad for the US.  US could come up a few more lineups but that's not the way the Pan Am's are designed.  What other times to you see hurdlers on an an elite 4 x 100 squad.

4 hours ago, nptb17 said:

When Boling got the stick the US was already in first.  You act like US wasn't going to win that race without a Texan.  Also that wasn't a top 5 U20 4 x 100 squad for the US.  US could come up a few more lineups but that's not the way the Pan Am's are designed.  What other times to you see hurdlers on an an elite 4 x 100 squad.

Where did I say Boling was responsible for the win?  It seems that all those U20 4x100 that set these world record are always influenced by Texans.  They set a World Record.  Again the top 4 kids in Tx could have done the same is what I said especially that they would have beaten Jamaica.  The bold. Text and Boling in the original post referred to the U.S. team smoking Jamaica.  Dont worry they will be smoked a lot in the 4x100 for the next 4 years.   They would not have set that recird without his anchor leg.  You clearly didn't watch thst race Jamaica led on every handoff and Boling smoked their anchor leg and increased the lead big time.  So yeah he did that.  Hell @954gator even referenced he needs to be checked.  Jamaica was in that damn race and leading till Boling took off.

Just Damn

41 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Where did I say Boling was responsible for the win?  It seems that all those U20 4x100 that set these world record are always influenced by Texans.  They set a World Record.  Again the top 4 kids in Tx could have done the same is what I said especially that they would have beaten Jamaica.  The bold. Text and Boling in the original post referred to the U.S. team smoking Jamaica.  Dont worry they will be smoked a lot in the 4x100 for the next 4 years.   They would not have set that recird without his anchor leg.  You clearly didn't watch thst race Jamaica led on every handoff and Boling smoked their anchor leg and increased the lead big time.  So yeah he did that.  Hell @954gator even referenced he needs to be checked.  Jamaica was in that damn race and leading till Boling took off.

Just Damn

I would say US was a pinch ahead, but I'll say this...   If Boling were to have been in Jamaica's spot I think he still wins somewhat comfortably.   Boling obviously timed his start/handoff better too which makes a big difference.  

Just Damn

The US was clearly in first when Boling got the stick.  Watch it again.  I would say US had 2 meters on everyone.  Boling was going to run down anyone if they were behind anyhow.  Boling is already a world class athlete.  He will be heard from for awhile.  You are not wrong in saying that they wouldn't have broke the U20 record without him.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Here is what happened IMO - Jamaica felt the pressure!  They was clearly in the race. The 2nd exchange was not very good for them. This put the Americans step ahead and hardly anyone is going to out run boling in this situation with running start.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 6:22 PM, nptb17 said:

You have to know that, those weren't the best under 20 4 x 100 for any of the countries involved at the Pan AM's.  

Can you prove this concerning Jamaica?  We know they had their fastest kid and he got beat head to head by Boling.  I believe you thought the fastest Jamaican would beat him head up.  

Just now, Texasball said:

Can you prove this concerning Jamaica?  We know they had their fastest kid and he got beat head to head by Boling.  I believe you thought the fastest Jamaican would beat him head up.  

When did I say this?  You and Devil Dog just pull shit out of thin air.

58 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Just above you are claiming that nations didn’t run their fastest kids. 

My question was can prove this.  Honestly, I don’t know if Jamaica had some better kids to run.

Did you are did you not believe that the fastest Jamaican would beat Boling?  I was under the impression that you thought the Jamaican would win.  You are welcome to set the record straight with me.  Honestly, not trying to pull shit out of the air.

I am just really impressed with Boling.  I can’t recall better all round track athlete on the HS level that was truly elite in so many events.  

I met some of his coaches last week at the THSCA Convention.  They said when he was 9th grader he just wanted to run XC and longer distance in track.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nptb17 said:

What Shit did I pull out of the air?  This should be good.   Jamaica got smoked again with their best kids or prove to us what other 4 they should have brought to that meet.   We are both Track guys from Texas and are not as easily impressed by others when we see elite Texas Kids each year that are just as  dominate.  We own the HS 4X100, 4X200 and along with Fl the 4X400.  Each year one of our kids is National or World elite for his age group.  Wanna bet me that Jamaica gets that ass smoked in the relays for the next 4 years and I will tell you who will smoke that ass and the 4 members of the 3-4 relay teams that will smoke them.  Watch Japan.  These Pan Am games with Texas kids been smoking them regularly. 🤣

Clearly Jamaica's 4x100 teams are not what they were. 

image.thumb.png.dfaa4007fdf469b0663c11ba6d2d330d.png

@Texasball Look at the previous post and you will see their elite U20 kids ran in the Pan AM U20 4X100 including Oblique Seville 3rd leg on that Calabar team,  Michali Everett 2nd leg on Jamaica College, Xavier Nairne   their Top 200m guy U20 for them and  Kevon Stone 2nd leg Petersfield High.  They ran with their elite I will assure You.  Boling smoked XavIer Nairne in the 200 as well.  He also was a stud on Wolmers boys 4X100 team that DNF in the Jamaican finals.  Don't believe the B.S. 

Results of 100m @  Pan Am

Pos  
Athlete  
Number  

Team  
Birthdate  
Lane  

Mark  
Wind  
Pts
IAAF

1 Matthew BOLING  423 USA.jpg United States  20/6/2000 5
oro.png
10.11  +0.5 1169
  2 Oblique SEVILLE  267 JAM.jpg Jamaica  16/3/2001 3
plata.png
10.21  +0.5 1135
  3 Michael STEPHENS  266 JAM.jpg Jamaica  19/8/2000 4
bronce.png
10.34  +0.5 1092
  4 Jenns Reynolds FERNANDEZ Alfonso  190 CUB.jpg Cuba  4/1/2001 6
nada.png
10.37  +0.5 1082
  5 Erik Felipe BARBOSA Cardoso  58 BRA.jpg Brasil  3/3/2000 7
nada.png
10.39  +0.5 1076
  6 Danelson MAHAUTIERE  200 DMA.jpg Dominica  15/3/2000 2
nada.png
10.49  +0.5 1043
  7 Lucas RODRIGUES Da Silva  65 BRA.jpg Brasil  5/7/2001 8
nada.png
10.58  +0.5 1015
  8 Rico MOULTRIE  26 BAH.jpg Bahamas  9/1/2000 1
nada.png
10.62  +0.5 1002

XX Panamerican U20 Championship 
July, 18-21, 2019 
Estadio Nacional, San José, Costa Rica

Final
RM-U20: 38.66, T. Kimmons - A. Omole - I. Williams - L. Merritt (USA), 2018
RP-U20: 39.06, Talley - Cherry - Rhodes - Rowland (USA), 2009
Down ArrowUp ArrowLeft ArrowRight ArrowHide

4x100 Metres Relay
U-20, Men
DXR.axd?r=1_120-7cYWh
Pos  
Athlete  

Team  
Lane  

Mark  
Pts
IAAF

1 arian SMITH - justin OFOTAN - marcellus MOORE - matthew BOLING  USA.jpg United States  3
oro.png
(WRU20, PRU20)
  2 oblique SEVILLE - michali EVERETT - xavier NAIRNE - kevon STONE  JAM.jpg Jamaica  6
plata.png
39.20  1134
  3 arielton COSTA - lucas RODRIGUES - lucas CONCEIÇÃO - erik BARBOSA  BRA.jpg Brasil  8
bronce.png
39.42  1118
  4 denvaughn WHYMNS - rico MOULTRIE - terrance JONES - adrian CURRY  BAH.jpg Bahamas  5
nada.png
40.33  1051
  5 katriel ANGULO - anderson MARQUINES - steeven SALAS - jesus MINA  ECU.jpg Ecuador  7
nada.png
40.75  1021
  6 malachi MURRAY - myles MISENER-DALEY - jeremiah LAUZON - jordan SOUFI  CAN.jpg Canada  4
nada.png
41.39  976
  7 jose ELIZONDO - kayle FARGUHARSON - kluiverth NUÑEZ - timothy POWELL  CRC.jpg Costa Rica  2
nada.png
41.40  975