Track and Field

954gator

Enjoyed the DVR of the nationals yesterday.  

Coleman looked strong in the 100.  Didn’t realize Michael Norman’s mother is Japanese, so that’s where the speed comes from :).  He and Fred Kerley had a nice race in the semis.  

Hoping Kendall Ellis makes the team (STA/USC).  She won heat 1 of the semis.   (Edit:  Finished 2nd in finals)

The sickest anchor and finish to win a NCAA title was last year’s race.  One announcer called it over and done, but Ellis had another plan.  

On 7/27/2019 at 4:59 PM, DevilDog said:

4A Texas Kid Fred Kerley drops 43.64 in 400m.  6th fastest all time.  Beats Cali kid Norman.  That 4x400 team gonna be fire. USATF outdoor championships. World's will be in Doha Qatar

I can't wait to see these two race again.  I believe they can both go faster!  Yes, the 4 x 400 will be outstanding.  I believe the us has big pool of under 45 to choose from.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Lyles beat Coleman in the 200, a new world record in the women's 400h (Dalilah Muhammad 52.20, McLaughlin 52.88) and an entertaining 110m hurdles finals race below, with 3 familiar names going 1-2-3.   

Omg those conditions!   Damn man Roberts and Holloway could be a cool story if they ever go 1-2 at the olympics.  

3 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Raj Benjamin will be on that 4x400 as well.

Dang where have you been?

@DevilDog and myself wanted to hear from you after Boling blistered them Jamaicans and after the American 4x100 and 4x400 with Boling and others spanked that ass twice more.

Thoughts on this and Boling getting 4 golds at the Pan Am games?

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Dang where have you been?

@DevilDog and myself wanted to hear from you after Boling blistered them Jamaicans and after the American 4x100 and 4x400 with Boling and others spanked that ass twice more.

Thoughts on this and Boling getting 4 golds at the Pan Am games?

Boling is a special athlete period.  Did you expect the US to lose in the relays at the Pan Am's?

Boling probably could have got 5 if they let him do long jump.  I expect him to be and Olympian in the long jump at some point in his career.