Track and Field

954gator

57 minutes ago, Texasball said:

This kid is going to be one rich athlete.  I say the hell with Jawjaa go pro right now get the best training and get paid young man.  I will be following this Texan for years to come.  He might be the next Michael Johnson like Texas Kid.  20.36 is flat out stepping at any level.  Between him and Sha'Carri Richardson:  Texas will be showing up and showing out for a while.  Texas Speed.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This kid is going to be one rich athlete.  I say the hell with Jawjaa go pro right now get the best training and get paid young man.  I will be following this Texan for years to come.  He might be the next Michael Johnson like Texas Kid.  20.36 is flat out stepping at any level.  Between him and Sha'Carri Richardson:  Texas will be showing up and showing out for a while.  Texas Speed.  

1st 100m

1st 200m

3rd Long Jump (I believe he was less than 2 inches from winning)

I would like to see him run the 400m

Now he is beating kids who trained all year at the college level 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Texasball said:

1st 100m

1st 200m

3rd Long Jump (I believe he was less than 2 inches from winning)

I would like to see him run the 400m

Now he is beating kids who trained all year at the college level 

This is a great Kid:

His races went viral under headlines referring to him as “White Lightning,” a new nickname he didn’t want and wishes would disappear. Boling said his competitors never mention the fact he is white, that his race means nothing on the track. It’s Instagram commenters and reporters who keep bringing up his skin color.

“I don’t really pay attention to it, because I’m busy running,” Boling said. “It’s whatever.”

Ato Boldon, a four-time Olympic medalist sprinter and an NBC Sports analyst, called Boling “one of the best high school athletes that we’ve seen ever.” He ticked off Boling’s exploits: a 10.13-second wind-legal 100 meters; a 20.55-second 200 meters; a sub-45 second 400-meter relay split; a long jump of 26 feet 3 1/2 inches; a 9.6-second split in the 4×100 relay.

And as you and I keep saying the Clock doesn't lie.  Track and Field is not Subjective it is a Timed Fact.  

“The good thing about track and field, it’s not a subjective matter,” Boldon said. “We can look at his results and his measurements and go, oh, it’s not that this guy is getting a lot of attention because of his skin color or because he moved on to the 100. He’s getting the attention because he’s literally doing things we haven’t seen before.”

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I agree about going pro.  I look for him to give up on the jumps.  I think it puts too much pressure on the knees and that adds up imo.  His 400M training has made him a monster finisher in the 100.

• Like 1

The PanAm games will be Boling’s last official hs meet.   

We recall Lyles and Norman US Olympic trials right after HS in 2016.  Lyles broke the 200 hs prep record in this race.  Had Merritt not decided to try the double 200/400, Lyles would have made the Olympic team in the 200. 

Imo, unless Boling PR’s something wicked In this meet, he’ll do a season at UGA.  

Lyles went pro, but Norman went to USC for a season after running a 20.14 200 and he was training with some very talented teammates, including Rai Benjamin  

Have an enjoyable year in college even with a PanAm pr and gauge the results after the NCAA’s.  If Sydney McLaughlin can do a year, Boling can.   

D6114B32-8EF5-47BE-9CBB-71C2CE3698EA.png

4 hours ago, nptb17 said:

I agree about going pro.  I look for him to give up on the jumps.  I think it puts too much pressure on the knees and that adds up imo.  His 400M training has made him a monster finisher in the 100.

Just watched his interview- He took all 6 long jumps and with very little rest had to run the 100m -  He said that was difficult on him.  The most jumps he had taken all year was 2 or 3

24 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

The PanAm games will be Boling’s last official hs meet.   

We recall Lyles and Norman US Olympic trials right after HS in 2016.  Lyles broke the 200 hs prep record in this race.  Had Merritt not decided to try the double 200/400, Lyles would have made the Olympic team in the 200. 

Imo, unless Boling PR’s something wicked In this meet, he’ll do a season at UGA.  

Lyles went pro, but Norman went to USC for a season after running a 20.14 200 and he was training with some very talented teammates, including Rai Benjamin  

Have an enjoyable year in college even with a PanAm pr and gauge the results after the NCAA’s.  If Sydney McLaughlin can do a year, Boling can.   

D6114B32-8EF5-47BE-9CBB-71C2CE3698EA.png

He will go on to college.

i expect him to PR at the PanAm

He will only be competing in the 100 and 200

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2019 at 1:12 PM, golfaddict1 said:

https://results.adkinstrak.com/meets/3757/events/154980/live

2nd heat was wind legal, including offseason WR transfer for Lakeland Arian Smith’s 10.30 

As expected, Boling top preliminary time. 10.13 (+2.4).  

https://247sports.com/player/arian-smith-46052428/

https://247sports.com/Player/Marcellus-Moore-46076682/

Cooper 10.50 wind legal :( 

Is Arian Smith the fastest high school football player in the country?

2 hours ago, badrouter said:

Tyler owens? Kelee ringo? Devon achane and him seem to be the fastest that i know off? And im sure theres tons of fast kids who run track at a top tier and play football but aren necessarily recruits for football

12 minutes ago, Texasvic said:

Tyler owens? Kelee ringo? Devon achane and him seem to be the fastest that i know off? And im sure theres tons of fast kids who run track at a top tier and play football but aren necessarily recruits for football

They best 10.3 in the 100 meters? And play football? Trying to use measurable, objective standards. Rest assured there aren't "tons" of football players running faster than 10.3. For those that have done so, citation will be needed. And we would be interested to know why they weren't at the U20 Outdoor championships. U20 results.

9 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Looks like Tyler Owens plays for the University of Texas. So, let's try again: Is Arian Smith the fastest high school football player in the country?

Tyler Owens hasn't played one down of football for UT.  He just graduated from Plano East HS in May. 

He is lane 6 right next to Boling in the fastest damn State in America in the 2019 Tx 6A 100M State Finals

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Tyler Owens hasn't played one down of football for UT.  He just graduated from Plano East HS in May. 

He's no longer a HS football player. His career ended in December. I'm talking about players who will be eligible in a couple of months. Arian Smith will be on a HS field in August, Owens will not. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, badrouter said:

He's no longer a HS football player. His career ended in December. I'm talking about players who will be eligible in a couple of months. Arian Smith will be on a HS field in August, Owens will not. 

Devon Achane from ft bend Marshall has a faster 200m time than Smith, smith a faster 100m. So, it depends on the race. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, badrouter said:

If he's not in Tx?  I will assure you it's some kid from Florida.  So Smith Probably is.  But I will bet someone from Texas will have something to say about that next Track season after Football. 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Devon Achane from ft bend Marshall has a faster 200m time than Smith, smith a faster 100m. So, it depends on the race. 

Someone from Texas will be right there with him in the 100 next year and more and likely he will be a football player because that's how we roll.   You just know there is someone lurking down that I-35 Corridor South of Dallas. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Someone from Texas will be right there with him in the 100 next year and more and likely he will be a football player because that's how we roll.   You just know there is someone lurking down that I-35 Corridor South of Dallas. 

Yep, one to look at is Pierre Goree from Duncanville.  Will be a soph this year.  PR in the100 of 10.67.  (Part of their 4 X1)  WR who received an offer from Michigan this spring.  

• Like 2