Track and Field

954gator

10 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

@954gatorwill be rooting for Banks big time next year at FSU  :).   

That meet shows what competifuon does.  That Ark kid Kennedy Lightner had never ran faster than 10.51 an Ark 6A record and his 4x100 ran a 41.97 that's 3A speed in Texas.  And he ran 21.29 in Ark and I think he ran a sub 21 at Great S.W. and a 10.34.  Running with the Texas kids he said "We don't have spied like this in Ark.  Busted a 39.02 with those kids.  Desoto girls were not pushed this year at all.  I will assure you those kids had a sub 44.00 HS team this year.  

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

That meet shows what competifuon does.  That Ark kid Kennedy Lightner had never ran faster than 10.51 an Ark 6A record and his 4x100 ran a 41.97 that's 3A speed in Texas.  And he ran 21.29 in Ark and I think he ran a sub 21 at Great S.W. and a 10.34.  Running with the Texss kids he said "We don't have spied like this in Ark.  Busterd a 39.02 with those kids.  Desoto girls were not pushed.  I will assure you those kids had a sub 44.00 HS team this year.  

Competition helps, but the altitude helps more.    Banks PR is 10.26 in NM,  in FL it's 10.38.   As funny as it seems to discuss 10.15 as a negative for the hs grad who turns 19 in 11 days,  imo Boling was likely upset at his start and race overall and wish he had it back.   

I was expecting a PR for sure and something similar to Schwartz 10.09 last year or even slightly better.   

31 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Competition helps, but the altitude helps more.    Banks PR is 10.26 in NM,  in FL it's 10.38.   As funny as it seems to discuss 10.15 as a negative for the hs grad who turns 19 in 11 days,  imo Boling was likely upset at his start and race overall and wish he had it back.   

I was expecting a PR for sure and something similar to Schwartz 10.09 last year or even slightly better.   

I get that.  Boling ran the same thing in NM he ran in Texas.  Imagine at this time in our lives we are talking about HS kids running 10.13's a 10.09 and HS kids running 39.02s. And a HS girl running a 11.02.  The altitude surely helps no doubt.  Hell a 10.38 is fast as heck.  Boling is not known for his start.  Hit top end speed is incredible.   Those kids in my opinion on the same Track in Austin would have ran just as fast. Humidity is the best thing for fast times. 

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

@golfaddict1 @954gator

A better look

Banks was right there... sure would have been a nice finish, but likely Boling's form and distance kick advantage would have prevailed in the last 20 meters or so.   Still, Banks may very well have crossed the line at a very low 10.2 or even upper 10.1 possibly.    He was likely not at the 60 mark when he pulled the hammy.   

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Michael Norman beats Lyles for the 1st 200M Diamond league loss ever for him.  @nptb17 @golfaddict1 @Texasball

Michael Norman Upsets Noah Lyles at Diamond League | NBC Sports

400M Guy drops down and beat 200M Warrior.  T&F best spectator sport in the World. 

Too bad there's no 4x200 Olympic event ha... what talents and now Kenny Bednarek seems like a guy ready to challenge these guys.   Add another collegiate in Gillespie at 19.93 from the NCAA's and good luck facing that squad.   19.93 is the slowpoke.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

Too bad there's no 4x200 Olympic event ha... what talents and now Kenny Bednarek seems like a guy ready to challenge these guys.   Add another collegiate in Gillespie at 19.93 from the NCAA's and good luck facing that squad.   19.93 is the slowpoke.  

That would be the sickest 4x200 in History.

Those 3 Texas and 1 Ark kid would have won the 1964 Olympics in the 4x100 beating a Team with Bullet Bob Hayes.  Damn how speed has evolved.  Bob Hayes in this day and age would be untouchable IMHO  Even Jessie Owens had to shake his head.  This is the 4X100 where Hayes ran a timed 8.6 secs over the last 100.  The fastest ever in History.

Paul Drayton; Gerry Ashworth; Richard Stebbins; Bob Hayes    ran a 39.06 and Bob Hayes ran a 10.00 flat 100m 

Bob Hayes won the 100 metre title in a time of 10.0 seconds, equaling the world record. He had run a wind-assisted 9.9 seconds in the semifinal, but this was not recognized as a world record.

Florida Speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztRL-QMI1NY

The most incredible leg is the Kid from Western Texas.  Look where he came from.  Hell he out ran the Barton kid who ran a great Anchor  But that kid was rolling.  They are in the other Blue Ln#4 they finished 3rd.  He was way back on that anchor and was smoking. 

17 hours ago, Texasball said:

Here is good view of the GSW 100m.

not trying to be homer - this is the best view and Banks had zero chance in this race.  

Nah yea man boling was already passing him before he pulled. Honestly i think 2 more guys wouldve passed him, great acc for that kid but everyone else seemed to keep getting faster as it went on while he plateud at one point. Edit just rewatched and he had already been passed by like 3 guys before he cramped. No chance

49 minutes ago, 181pl said:

So what distance is Bolings best distance based on potential? I don't think he has the start to beat the top 100M guys. He has the top end speed. Maybe 200m  will be his best event because of stride?

He's a world class athlete.  He's got potential from the long jump to the 400M.

2 hours ago, nptb17 said:

He's a world class athlete.  He's got potential from the long jump to the 400M.

I think he can definitely get into the 20.3 range in the 200 and then it gets interesting.  The 100 if he can get into the sub 10.10’s consistently then 10.05 as a pr that would indicate the 100 is right there.  I liked his sub 45 split in the relay though.  It was well below too.  If he can rip a sub 45 400 he will be competitive right away as a freshman.   Long jump I don't follow much, but the kid jumped over 26 feet and has 10.13 100 speed.  I like that combo as his 100 dips hopefully and his technique improves at Georgia.   Sure will be fun to watch how he progresses.  

On 6/9/2019 at 2:13 PM, golfaddict1 said:

I'd love to see that event.   I was always so jealous that Texas teams run the 4x200.   

12 hours ago, 954gator said:

I'd love to see that event.   I was always so jealous that Texas teams run the 4x200.   

Is there any Relay we will not run in Texas.  We are some Relay loving rascals.  I think we were the Originals with the Texas Relays then you Gator boys had to copy us and invent the Florida Relays and destroy any chances of us matching up.  🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Is there any Relay we will not run in Texas.  We are some Relay loving rascals.  I think we were the Originals with the Texas Relays then you Gator boys had to copy us and invent the Florida Relays and destroy any chances of us matching up.  🤣

Yeah man for real.   They need to collaborate.   

@954gator I  was there and saw this race.  We don't get this anymore and that STA girls team came to Texas and smoked L.B. Poly as well.  That was a heckuva Texas Relays.  2014.   That 2014 STA Boys 4X100 had all underclassmen.  We need more of this.  I don't remember you guys coming back since then.   These teams were just getting their wheels under them and look at the times.   When you are anywhere near Lancaster, Desoto and D'Ville you got some wheels.🤣  Look at that Desoto team and You will understand what @Texasball means by Track and Football especially in Texas.

Event 47  Boys 4x100 Meter Relay HS Div. II
================================================================
 National HS: & 39.76  1998        Fort Worth Wyatt                            
   Myers Std: S 39.95  2001        Houston Forest Brook                        
   TX Relays: M 40.54  1989        Longview                                    
    School                                               Finals 
================================================================
Finals
  1 Lancaster                                             41.12  
     1) Reggie Garner 11                2) Gabriel Walker 11              
     3) Elijah Boyd 11                  4) Keenan Ivy 10                  
  2 DeSoto                                                41.24