Marietta (GA) OOS

ECHS05

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Yeah Yates is a huge loss. Thats why Im not sure what to make of 2019 Milton yet. They have a solid HC but hes had Yates his Jr. & Sr. Year... We dont know what he can do without a QB that can carry the team.

I suspect they take a good step back. 

Looking from a historical perspective, the public schools in Georgia are on a 2-3 year cycle with a down year or two between. 

Milton was on their peak in 2015 with Colquitt, then they both suffered a tough season in 2016. Colquitt came back pretty quick but DiCristifaro resigning costed them another year. Theoretically, this year should be their major rebuild year before working toward another 2nd or 3rd year peak again. 

Idk. The anomalies are when teams receive major movement in transfers which Milton hasn't exactly been known for. 

On 2/10/2019 at 12:49 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Marietta is hosting SJP on 8/30. #PGL 

That's going to be a fun game, glad I'm down in GA during that week!

I really do miss walking through the back part of Marietta to their home games.  I was fortunate to have great neighbors that were Blue Devil alums and the walk was more a tailgate march through our cool little neighborhoods.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

That's going to be a fun game, glad I'm down in GA during that week!

I really do miss walking through the back part of Marietta to their home games.  I was fortunate to have great neighbors that were Blue Devil alums and the walk was more a tailgate march through our cool little neighborhoods.

This should be a good matchup. Both teams have great passing games...stud QBs and talented receivers. Not sure who is better up front. SJP will have to overcome a few calls as Good Counsel did last year. Good Counsel ran for a lot of yards against both teams last year. SJP hung on to win a shootout in Philly and GC hung on to win a shootout in Georgia. Marietta should be better this year...not sure about SJP. Should be an entertaining early season contest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WCACguy said:

This should be a good matchup. Both teams have great passing games...stud QBs and talented receivers. Not sure who is better up front. SJP will have to overcome a few calls as Good Counsel did last year. Good Counsel ran for a lot of yards against both teams last year. SJP hung on to win a shootout in Philly and GC hung on to win a shootout in Georgia. Marietta should be better this year...not sure about SJP. Should be an entertaining early season contest.

SJP has a loaded junior class to be already so hopefully a great talent matchup.

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Edgewater lost to a team who wasn’t even top 200 just in Florida alone. 

This team has no business taking on stacked teams who will be contending for state. 

I guess they are just following a yearly trend of Florida teams playing oos teams that are way out of their league. 

Finding a game on 10/20 was gonna be difficult no matter how you look at it.