Marietta (GA) OOS

ECHS05

@GardenStateBaller

What is the word on Marietta this year as far as OOS games?

I was looking through 247sports composite rankings... Marietta will be the most talented team in Georgia next year --- Star Ranking wise... At least for right now. As far as the Senior class goes, Marietta has 4 of the top 13, & 6 of the top 29 players in Georgia this season.... Or 9 of the top 76 as well. 

Last year was definitely disappointing for them... But they were mostly juniors. They had SJC on the ropes but couldnt hang on in the end. And they made a decent comeback vs. GC... Hopefully they learned a bit from those OOS games... After their QB Harrison Bailey got hurt, they exited the playoffs early and really just fizzled out to end the year at 5-6. 

Their only real player losses from last year, were 4* WR Ramel Keyton & ILB CJ Swan. They'll also have the 2 players that got suspended last year back... 4* S Rashad Torrence, & 3* ATH Dawson Ellington. 

If they are going to win State in Georgia, 2019 will have to be it. Their HC hasnt shown he can outcoach anyone yet though. 

Im not trying to pump Marietta because it became pretty clear they couldnt win last year with just talent... But most of their talent will be Seniors, if they are going to make a statement,  it'll be this year.

Mariettas Rising Senior Class....

5* ATH Arik Gilbert - #1 ATH, #8 Overall; Georgia Lean

4* QB Harrison Bailey - #3 Pro QB; #62 Overall ; Tennessee Commit

4* WDE BJ Ojulari - #6 WDE ; #84 Overall ; Georgia Lean

4* OT Jake Wray - #17 OT ; #123 Overall ; Ohio St. Lean

4* RB Kimani Vidal - #22 RB ; #292 Overall ; Offers from LSU, Memphis, USCe, & Syracuse

4* S Rashad Torrence - #18 S ; #312 Overall ; Florida Commit

3* WR Kobe Stewart - #118 WR ; #626 Overall ; Offers from Louisville, Tennessee, Memphis, & MTSU

3* ATH Dawson Ellington - #51 ATH ; #631 Overall ; Offers from Bama, Auburn, LSU, Louisville, Michigan, Ole Miss, FAU, UNC, Pitt, Syracuse, Tennessee, & Wisconsin...

3* WR Taji Johnson - #135 WR ; #763 Overall ; Offers from Oregon, Syracuse, & Buffalo

Torrence & Ellington were the 2 that couldnt play last year. Im sure their presence will help.

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They'll most likely play a lesser, second OOS team on either 9/20 or 10/4. Probably from a bordering state. 

Cool, SJP is a pretty strong OOS team. Them plus a decent OOS team and the rest of their schedule will be solid.

I think their schedule last year wore them out , and when their QB got hurt they just said F it and packed it in in the playoffs... Rome, Good Counsel, Grayson, SJC, McEachern, & Hillgrove is a rough regular season schedule.

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

A 5-6 Georgia team had SJC on the ropes the entire game, and was 2 yards away from putting the game away before halftime.

Who woulda thunk it.

👀

Keep hanging your hat on one half...SJC was awful (probably overconfident from seeing GC - a team that SJC has dominated two years in a row - toy with Marietta in Ga) but once they woke up they scored 21 unanswered points and could have added another TD if not for kneeling on the ball at the five in the last minute.Your Ga state pride in a losing effort is almost as bad as saying SJC thrashing a Ga playoff team (John's Creek) means something...lol...who woulda thunk it.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

Keep hanging your hat on one half...SJC was awful (probably overconfident from seeing GC - a team that SJC has dominated two years in a row - toy with Marietta in Ga) but once they woke up they scored 21 unanswered points and could have added another TD if not for kneeling on the ball at the five in the last minute.Your Ga state pride in a losing effort is almost as bad as saying SJC thrashing a Ga playoff team (John's Creek) means something...lol...who woulda thunk it.

35E96FBF-911E-49B1-923E-B1E230A2EA08.jpeg

1 hour ago, WCACguy said:

I struck a chord eh... Every team that was suppose to beat another team by more than the did just started bad I guess...

SJC was awful bc of the team they were playing. If SJC doesnt intercept that ball inside of their own EZ when Marietta was on their 2... Its 21-0 before halftime and probably game over. 

I guess I can say Marietta was awful in the 1st half vs. GC. Bc Marietta came back and made it 33-28 in the last few minutes. GC scored again, and Marietta was inside the GC 5 when time expired or it wouldve been 40-35. That game wasnt that bad.

You should also know ... Marietta didnt have 4 of its best players vs. GC.

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I struck a chord eh... Every team that was suppose to beat another team by more than the did just started bad I guess...

SJC was awful bc of the team they were playing. If SJC doesnt intercept that ball inside of their own EZ when Marietta was on their 2... Its 21-0 before halftime and probably game over. 

I guess I can say Marietta was awful in the 1st half vs. GC. Bc Marietta came back and made it 33-28 in the last few minutes. GC scored again, and Marietta was inside the GC 5 when time expired or it wouldve been 40-35. That game wasnt that bad.

You should also know ... Marietta didnt have 4 of its best players vs. GC.

Does Georgia give trophies for being ahead at halftime? Up here the final score is all we care about. 

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

Does Georgia give trophies for being ahead at halftime? Up here the final score is all we care about. 

Georgia gives trophies for winning game 15.  Something Colquitt has not been able to do the last (2) seasons.

Terribly disappointing....but....we'll see what we can do this year.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, old_e said:

The defending GA state champion. I hope JSerra isn't in over their heads.

Defending champions means squat. Dr Phillips won state in 2017 going 13-2 including stomping the shit out of the team who beat them in the regular season. 

In 2018, as a defending state champion, they limped to 6 losses and were largely uncompetitive. 

Its different at a public school where you can’t just magically get 15 transfers to fill all the holes. 

If Milton was senior heavy then JSerra Will be the favorite. And if they are a wannabe Mater Dei and SJB then it’s gonna be a stacked deck. 

But I’m always excited to see Georgia do what Florida has been doing for 20 years. Can’t wait 

35 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Defending champions means squat. Dr Phillips won state in 2017 going 13-2 including stomping the shit out of the team who beat them in the regular season. 

In 2018, as a defending state champion, they limped to 6 losses and were largely uncompetitive. 

Its different at a public school where you can’t just magically get 15 transfers to fill all the holes. 

If Milton was senior heavy then JSerra Will be the favorite. And if they are a wannabe Mater Dei and SJB then it’s gonna be a stacked deck. 

But I’m always excited to see Georgia do what Florida has been doing for 20 years. Can’t wait 

Just excited to see a GA team play in SoCal. I can fill all the hoes.  Where they at?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

MD/DC did put it on GA last year. I bet Nooner is over the moon. Lol. Maryland/DC at the top is just as good as the best in the country 

St Johns over Johns Creek 

St Johns over Marietta 

Great Counsel over Marietta 

St Frances over Lee County 

I dont think SJC & SFA would be top teams if they couldnt beat Johns Creek, Marietta, & Lee Co. 

2 of those teams lost in the 1st round of the GA playoffs.

Lee was a decent win for SFA, but thats also a top 5 team even the WCAC wouldnt play. Lee did.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Many defending champs from 2017 lost in 2018. That doesnt mean shit. 

Milton keeps most of their OL and DL... But loses all skill pkayers. Idk what to make of them really. 

Their biggest loss is the three year starter at QB. The kid was a beast and it can't really be understated, the importance of having a dual threat senior qb that had 3 seasons under his belt.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Their biggest loss is the three year starter at QB. The kid was a beast and it can't really be understated, the importance of having a dual threat senior qb that had 3 seasons under his belt.

Yeah Yates is a huge loss. Thats why Im not sure what to make of 2019 Milton yet. They have a solid HC but hes had Yates his Jr. & Sr. Year... We dont know what he can do without a QB that can carry the team.

• Like 1

One Hit Wonder high school OOS games are useless and truthfully unfair. All OOS high school games should be home/home like most colleges when they set up a schedule.. Example: LSU/Texas

One Hit Wonder high school OOS  games are talked about for decades and decades and decades though. 

If JSerra beats Milton, so what? One Hit Wonder.

Like this song!