Top players who left their state

HSFBfan

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Kudos to the other power states (TX, FL, GA and OH) for keeping their ballers at home. 

Cant blame the CA kids for leaving while SC and UCLA are down. 

Ehh they probably just got tired of listing Fl.   They didn’t do that great either.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=fl

34 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Between UF, UM, FSU they do the worst at keeping kids in state.    Those other schools (other than cali) don’t stay in state because there are no big programs there.     Cali is the only odd ball because USC is down and Oregon and Washington are up.   

USC just lost a 4* WR to Washington 

35 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Between UF, UM, FSU they do the worst at keeping kids in state.    Those other schools (other than cali) don’t stay in state because there are no big programs there.     Cali is the only odd ball because USC is down and Oregon and Washington are up.   

VT is a pretty big program. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Coaching and recruiting.... 

Chip Kelly is good at both but he needs more time... 

USC though... Lol can you say lost cause... 

Until Clay is gone... 

USC just needs a good coach, not great or elite just good,  to make the playoffs every year...but it doesnt look like they have any plans on hiring a good coach..

4 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

VT is a pretty big program. 

That’s true, I’ll have to look at that one as well. I’ll check out tenessee and Va and see.  Because sometimes programs like UT and VT shoot for the top guys and might be less interested in the 15-30 type kids in state. That usually isn’t the case in Fl and CA.

30 minutes ago, 954gator said:

That’s true, I’ll have to look at that one as well. I’ll check out tenessee and Va and see.  Because sometimes programs like UT and VT shoot for the top guys and might be less interested in the 15-30 type kids in state. That usually isn’t the case in Fl and CA.

I dont follow VT recruiting enough to hell you out but it's a good program. Usually top 20. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I dont follow VT recruiting enough to hell you out but it's a good program. Usually top 20.  

I agree they are.  The DMV is just a national recruiting destination right now.    Same can be said about Fl, FSU, and Miami.   Shit can be rough sometimes in the recruiting world.  Also, no I just looked at the list and the state of Virginia has a pretty solid top 20.   VT just lost some battles.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I agree they are.  The DMV is just a national recruiting destination right now.    Same can be said about Fl, FSU, and Miami.   Shit can be rough sometimes in the recruiting world.  Also, no I just looked at the list and the state of Virginia has a pretty solid top 50.   VT lost a lot of battles.  

I dont know the Blacksburg area. Like what does it offer? You go to Miami you get the women and beaches. You go to FSU you go to a beautiful campus. What does the mountains of virginia offer these kids? Vt gets the lunch pail kids

Rutgers should have joined the Mid-American Conference, Sun Belt or etc.....NO recruiting presence anywhere.

#13 recruiting class Big 10 (2019)

#13 recruiting class Big 10 (2018)

#9 recruiting class Big 10 (2017)

#12 recruiting class Big 10 (2016)

...14 teams in the Big 10.

2018 Rutgers record (1-11), (0-9 Big 10)

10 hours ago, 954gator said:

Chip kelly is good at recruiting since when?

He's an unreal recruiter. Proof:

-Marcus Marriotta- 3star with 0 Power 5 offers. Memphis only other offer. 

-LaMichael James- Found him in Texas, when only 1 other Texas school offered him (TCU)

-De'Anthony Thomas- Got a 5star out of South Central LA, at a time when USC had a wall around blue chips in SoCal

-Jake Fisher- A 3star he found out of Michigan. Beat out Michigan & Florida. 

-Josh Huff- Found him out of Texas. UT, A&M, or OU didn't offer. 

-Kiko Alonso-  Utah the only other school to offer.

-In general always did more with less. USC teams at the time were WAY more talented than Oregon.

Chip may be one of the best recruiters ever when it comes to finding diamonds in the rough in powerhouse states.