NorCal players to watch

Ararar

17 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Yeah Eastside should be one of the better teams nationally.I think overall it’s a good thing though 

Absolutely. MA might have been favored had Raviloti not stepped down. Now huge unknown.

Grant needs to find an offensive identity. Always has the athletes.

13 hours ago, Pops said:

EC coach just resigned a couple of weeks ago fwiw 

... article I just checked out mentioned needing to take care of his ailing mother and family business.    Didn't notice a replacement head coach being named.  MaxPreps shows OOS vs Central Catholic, OR and Pinnacle, AZ.  

Four-star all-purpose back Daniyel Ngata is planning a round of unofficial visits, including schools such as Colorado, LSU, Michigan and San Jose State. Clemson, where his brother Joe is, has also been expressing a lot of interest and the younger Ngata intends to make it to campus for the spring game. Washington, where his other brother Ariel is a linebacker, also remains heavily involved. Ngata earned an invitation to next year's Under Armour All-American Game.

Top247 wide receiver Elijhah Badgersaid he is not close to making a decision but does feel like a priority for the likes of Arizona State, Michigan, Oregon and USC. The Folsom, Calif., two-way standout is looking to visit each of those schools this coming summer. Texas A&M was the latest program to join the chase with an offer and Badger said he's intrigued to possibly venture off to the Lonestar State to see the Aggies.

Greenbrae (Calif.) Marin Catholic four-star defensive tackle Jamar Sekona just got offered by Nebraska and it was a big one because new defensive line coach Tony Tuioti was his primary recruiter at Cal. The Top247 prospect also already made it to Berkeley and UCLA this offseason, and plans to get Oregon next month and then Nebraska later in the offseason. The Golden Bears hold the early vote in the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

9 hours ago, Ararar said:

Top247 wide receiver Elijhah Badgersaid he is not close to making a decision but does feel like a priority for the likes of Arizona State, Michigan, Oregon and USC. The Folsom, Calif., two-way standout is looking to visit each of those schools this coming summer. Texas A&M was the latest program to join the chase with an offer and Badger said he's intrigued to possibly venture off to the Lonestar State to see the Aggies.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 7:11 PM, Ararar said:

Looks like NorCal is stepping up the schedules.Being reported on NCP that Grant is traveling to Eastside Catholic(WA) and M-A is going to East (Utah)

And in year 3 of the Casey Taylor era, Capital Christian is taking on Chandler, AZ down in SoCal at Moorpark College.

This is the exact type of opponent we all thought Folsom should be taking on in recent years. But leave it to little old Capital Christian and it's bold head coach to make it happen.

Hopefully CC can keep it competitive.

http://chandlerwolvesfootball.com/event/chandler-capital-christian/

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

And in year 3 of the Casey Taylor era, Capital Christian is taking on Chandler, AZ down in SoCal at Moorpark College.

This is the exact type of opponent we all thought Folsom should be taking on in recent years. But leave it to little old Capital Christian and it's bold head coach to make it happen.

Not surprised Taylor has always stepped up his schedules. Always have respected his tenacity. But probably much more than Capital Christian can handle.

Seems to be high expectations for Capital Christian. Blanton faced those too at Jesuit and those have not come to fruition yet. I guess time will tell for both.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

im excited to see the Norcal teams stepping up the OOS games.Grant and Capitol Christian have probably bitten off more than they can chew. You are absolutely right that Folsom should have been playing these games instead.I really expect Capitol Christian to become a power on the football landscape.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ararar said:

im excited to see the Norcal teams stepping up the OOS games.Grant and Capitol Christian have probably bitten off more than they can chew.

12 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Not surprised Taylor has always stepped up his schedules. Always have respected his tenacity. But probably much more than Capital Christian can handle.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'd rather they schedule more than they can handle than not schedule enough.

IMO, Casey Taylor should patent his scheduling formula and sell it. Because it works. His teams may get their head kicked in some of these games, but they are always battle tested for league and the postseason. Same was true for Grant Union when they were scheduling like this a dozen years ago.

You are absolutely right that Folsom should have been playing these games instead.

That was my only real gripe with Folsom. They rarely scheduled teams they didn't expect to beat. DLS is pretty much the only one and, even then, I think they half way expected to beat the Spartans last season with everything they returned and because it was early in the season.

They (and everyone else) knew they'd beat Cathedral, Coeur d'Alene, Clovis North, and Chaminade. But programs like Chandler and East are different animals. And they'd never schedule them.

I really expect Capitol Christian to become a power on the football landscape.

Me too.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'd rather they schedule more than they can handle than not schedule enough.

IMO, Casey Taylor should patent his scheduling formula and sell it. Because it works. His teams may get their head kicked in some of these games, but they are always battle tested for league and the postseason. Same was true for Grant Union when they were scheduling like this a dozen years ago.

That was my only real gripe with Folsom. They rarely scheduled teams they didn't expect to beat. DLS is pretty much the only one and, even then, I think they half way expected to beat the Spartans last season with everything they returned and because it was early in the season.

They (and everyone else) knew they'd beat Cathedral, Coeur d'Alene, Clovis North, and Chaminade. But programs like Chandler and East are different animals. And they'd never schedule them.

Me too.

Here's to hoping their scheduling gets better with the new coaching regime. 

This season would have been perfect to take on an additional national team. They're going to be pretty good imo. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 10:42 AM, Extremely Humble said:

Here's to hoping their scheduling gets better with the new coaching regime. 

This season would have been perfect to take on an additional national team. They're going to be pretty good imo. 

Sad thing is, I think they could have won some of those games -- had they scheduled them. It just would have been nice to see them played. We finally got the coveted game against DLS (though we'll always wonder about 2014) but we totally missed out on games against Centennial, SJB, and Chandler.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Sad thing is, I think they could won some of those games -- had they scheduled them. It just would have been nice to see them played. We finally got the coveted game against DLS (though we'll always wonder about 2014) but we totally missed out on games against Centennial, SJB, and Chandler.

Del Oro is another NorCal school who has consistently scheduled above their level.  Have no ideal what next year looks like though, just thought I would give them a mention.

I would love to see Folsom play the teams you mentioned and even better if they headed east someplace or invite an east coast team to their place.

• Like 2

On 3/11/2019 at 12:51 PM, World Citizen said:

Del Oro is another NorCal school who has consistently scheduled above their level.  Have no ideal what next year looks like though, just thought I would give them a mention.

That’s when they had Casey Taylor steering the ship. Once he left for Capital, their scheduling has fallen off. Not bad, but not at the level it was under Casey.

• Like 2